Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jun 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #601 of 625
I have recently received mine back from re fitting and I cant wipe the smile off my face. Fit is now perfect, it was 3rd time lucky.....The problem had to do with the shape of my ears.....not normal....
Kinda large opening and then narrow canal. I am sure glad that Mat has great patience...It has taken a while but all is good now. Anyway today I had the opportunity to hook them up to ALO CLAS & RX - MKII combo, and I found it had a rather impressive synergy, solid bass, crisper and larger overall sound signiture. I then saw that the store had the new RX - MK III on hand also, so I could not resist. Single ended only with stock cable, and with the CLAS .....Even better to my ears, I had the bass up to half way....No hiss and man did this thing have some power I was running on Low Gain setting, It made the Miracle sound Miraculous....Thunderous. It had me imagining what Balanced would sound like.....I mean how much better can these things get? They just keep pushing the boundries further with amping.

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #602 of 625
Nice impressions, maguire.

I'm thoroughly in love with the Miracle too.. been listening to it almost exclusively for the last week or two.  I got it in the UM Promo that ran late last year.. and while the whole Promo rollout was a bit of a fiasco for many involved, the saving grace of it was that I got a custom that sounds INCREDIBLE.

It's scales really well with better gear.. but also sounds lovely straight from my iPhone.  I'm amazed at how cohesive and naturally textured the Miracle sounds.. it's typically quite easy (for me) to pick up on BA sound characteristics in even well tuned multi-BA phones.. the Miracle sounds like one big, beautiful dynamic driver in terms of texturing.  I'd be quite happy if it was my last custom cause it's that good.. but HeadFi will make sure that won't be the case.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #603 of 625
Yes I agree FlySweep....the Miracle is one Awesome monitor that when asked can certainly scale up with better gear.....Hey I also have the Merlin that's also just come back ....but now that's another thread.........

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #604 of 625
I've been using the MK3's with the Merlin and Miracle and it just sounds awesome.  Absolutely love that amp.  I really do love the Merlins but still preferring the Miracles over them.  

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #605 of 625
"Oh Danny Bai youra makin mi jealous wich ya MK3"  
Seriously that there is a fantastic amp for them. I didn't try the Merlin as I only had the Miracle with me.
Miracle - Merlin - MK3 .....Does it get any better than this?  Well as FlySweep mentioned ummm this is.... HEADFI....

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #606 of 625
Quote:
"Oh Danny Bai youra makin mi jealous wich ya MK3"  
Seriously that there is a fantastic amp for them. I didn't try the Merlin as I only had the Miracle with me.
Miracle - Merlin - MK3 .....Does it get any better than this?  Well as FlySweep mentioned ummm this is.... HEADFI....

Out of everything I've tried, it's pretty hard to beat the UM's.  I didn't find the combo with the MK3's all that great at first, but after tweaking the volume on the DAP and MK3, it started sounding amazing.  

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #607 of 625
Ive tried several CIEMs but I haven't tried the Miracle yet, but seeing other people praising it, I gotta check them out. Thanks for the review.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #610 of 625
In one of the review threads, the author mentions that the canals of the Unique Melody IEMs are slightly shorter than those of other brands. I would appreciate, if any of you could comment on how the noise isolation of the Miracle is in direct comparison to the isolation of other IEMs. How did you take your impressions, with mouth opened or were you told to chew?

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #611 of 625
Quote:
In one of the review threads, the author mentions that the canals of the Unique Melody IEMs are slightly shorter than those of other brands. I would appreciate, if any of you could comment on how the noise isolation of the Miracle is in direct comparison to the isolation of other IEMs. How did you take your impressions, with mouth opened or were you told to chew?

I've heard that rumour as well but people who own customs from a few companies have found the canal lengths to be the same. The noise isolation of the miracle is great and isolates fractionally better than my merlin with lower frequencies. Both customs isolate better than my se535s. Impressions were taken with a bite block without clenching. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #612 of 625
I think tip length is going to be different for every person based on the shape of their ears and the quality of their impressions. It's not that hard to get good impressions in general, but to get really good and really deep tip sections is more of a challenge. That's the first place where you find voids in the material or other issues. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #613 of 625
Quote:

If this helps... :p

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #614 of 625

Quote:
Does anyone have any more information on the "short canal" thing mentioned in the review?

Really want to get some UE11's remoulded by UM but the short canal thing is worrying me a bit - I've had a look at the example photos and the canal extension looks like it's before the second earbend, where most other customs go deeper than UM.  Is it something you can request from UM when getting your customs?

Which review are you referring to? 

I have customs from UM, Heir, and JH and all 3 have the same default canal lengths (this is not the best picture to analyze the canal lengths, but you get an idea) All 3 are very comfortable and hard to break the seal. I'm not sure about UM, but I know that Heir offers a musician's fit where the canal is just a bit longer. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #615 of 625

Users who are viewing this thread

Back