Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Feb 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #586 of 625
i sent my UM IEM for a refit too but i never heard back from them.

Stephen tried to get in touch with them on my behalf and had not luck.  can anybody give me the email of a contact at UM who can confirm if they have received my IEM back yet?

thanks

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #587 of 625

Quote:
i sent my UM IEM for a refit too but i never heard back from them.

Stephen tried to get in touch with them on my behalf and had not luck.  can anybody give me the email of a contact at UM who can confirm if they have received my IEM back yet?

thanks

They won't contact you again unless they've shipped it out to you.

If Stephen can't get to UM labs, no one else really will get back to you. It just means that they're really swamped.

Well, as for my own situation, I *might* get a refund by May 29th. Ugh, thats a lot of time. I'd be getting $1100 back though; shipping cost + $1000 insurance. We'll see..

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #588 of 625
Well, as for my own situation, I *might* get a refund by May 29th. Ugh, thats a lot of time. I'd be getting $1100 back though; shipping cost + $1000 insurance. We'll see..

Best of luck with that, mate. Hope all goes smoothly for you. Let us know how you get on.

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #589 of 625
Amazing - I actually got my Miracles back. A good samaritan presumably shipped it to UM at their own expense.

It was weird when I got my package back - I shipped it in the original faux red leather case, which UM didn't return. Not that I really care.

At first, the refit seemed perfect - tight yet comfortable, and it sounds so much better. However, after my ears got accustomed to it, it ceased to fit perfectly. If I press on the IEMs a bit it fixes the issue. The problem is lower bass - it is completely gone. There seems to be no way I wear the IEM for it to naturally sound right - the lower bass notes just sound either completely off or non existant. This is extremely frustrating to me. I don't feel like dropping another $150 or so and waiting another month for another refit. My ears just seem to be unable to adjust properly. Perhaps I need a silicone CIEM or something.

Extremely frustrating . I don't know what to do. To sell or not to sell?

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #590 of 625

Quote:
Amazing - I actually got my Miracles back. A good samaritan presumably shipped it to UM at their own expense.

It was weird when I got my package back - I shipped it in the original faux red leather case, which UM didn't return. Not that I really care.

At first, the refit seemed perfect - tight yet comfortable, and it sounds so much better. However, after my ears got accustomed to it, it ceased to fit perfectly. If I press on the IEMs a bit it fixes the issue. The problem is lower bass - it is completely gone. There seems to be no way I wear the IEM for it to naturally sound right - the lower bass notes just sound either completely off or non existant. This is extremely frustrating to me. I don't feel like dropping another $150 or so and waiting another month for another refit. My ears just seem to be unable to adjust properly. Perhaps I need a silicone CIEM or something.

Sorry to hear this. Maybe give it another day or two and see if they get better somehow? Sounds like you're having the same issue I had when I first got my customs (the Merlin, not the Miracle). They were very close to a perfect fit but needed that bit of push to get what I thought was the way they were supposed to sound in addition to the missing lower bass. My first refit came back perfect though so I'm very happy, but I can't imagine having to send them back again. That's extra money and time, especially when you don't know if they'll come back fitting perfectly. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #591 of 625
I am sorry for all the hassle that you have experienced. I personally chose to sell mine because I could not bear going through with all that trouble. I guess it depends on how much you like the sound. If you like it a lot, it is worth the money to send them back and hope they work out. If not, maybe it is time to explore other options...

Quote:

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #592 of 625
Another oddity - they seem to have also replaced my stock cable. The Y split on the new one seems to be EXTREMELY short; UM already had shorter than average Y splits. It is only barely enough to be comfortable, with a few centimeters of breathing room available.

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #593 of 625
[size=10pt]It’s been a few weeks since I received my reshelled Miracles. They definitely fit better but the level of isolation has come down dramatically. Further more, I still feel my left ear piece is not as tight as my right. [/size]

[size=10pt]One really strange thing is that if I force the left earpiece to get better seal, the imaging is no longer dead centre and moves to the right (one would think the balance would shift to left). It takes me 4-5 tries each time to get the right sound. I think the way the bore is placed on the stalk of the earpiece (not dead centre but slightly lower and also slightly smaller than the right bore), my ear canal covers a portion of the bore when inserting it deep.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]I’ve given up on getting them refitted due to the incredibly long turnaround times and I am definitely regretting not going for the Westones ES5. The sad thing is, when the Miracles are seated correctly, they sound truly amazing. [/size]

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #594 of 625

Quote:
[size=10pt]It’s been a few weeks since I received my reshelled Miracles. They definitely fit better but the level of isolation has come down dramatically. Further more, I still feel my left ear piece is not as tight as my right. [/size]

[size=10pt]One really strange thing is that if I force the left earpiece to get better seal, the imaging is no longer dead centre and moves to the right (one would think the balance would shift to left). It takes me 4-5 tries each time to get the right sound. I think the way the bore is placed on the stalk of the earpiece (not dead centre but slightly lower and also slightly smaller than the right bore), my ear canal covers a portion of the bore when inserting it deep.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]I’ve given up on getting them refitted due to the incredibly long turnaround times and I am definitely regretting not going for the Westones ES5. The sad thing is, when the Miracles are seated correctly, they sound truly amazing. [/size]

That's a bit weird, they should have had them matched carefully before shipping out. Did they give you a new frequency response graph?

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #595 of 625
I received my Miracles earlier this week and my Pico Slim and Clas Solo arrived last week but I have only had time to listen to them properly this evening and I am delighted with the sound - these things are amazing. The fit is perfect. I am currently listening to Joe Pass What is There to Say and the level of detail is amazing. Very balanced sound across the frequency range - could not be happier.

Thank you Unique Melody!

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #596 of 625

Quote:
I received my Miracles earlier this week and my Pico Slim and Clas Solo arrived last week but I have only had time to listen to them properly this evening and I am delighted with the sound - these things are amazing. The fit is perfect. I am currently listening to Joe Pass What is There to Say and the level of detail is amazing. Very balanced sound across the frequency range - could not be happier.
Thank you Unique Melody!

Glad you like it. Mine is currently being refited. Hopefully fit will be perfect this time.

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #597 of 625
I've been enjoying mine for 5 months now.
Synergy with ALO Continental is excellent.

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #598 of 625
Has anyone experimented with after market cables for the Miracles and if so did it make a worthwhile improvement?
Also is anyone running the Miracles with a balanced cable and a balanced amp like the RSA Protector? Was this a big improvement over single ended?
Thanks

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #599 of 625
I would look into the Stepdance, which provides great synergy with the Miracles. I did not like the CLAS + Pico + Miracles combination very much. I haven't heard the protector so no comment there. Only other amp I would consider is the P-51 Mustang to enliven the mids on the Miracle, but going from what I have heard, the Stepdance is very much my go-to amp (as it is with my most iems).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back