Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Dec 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #316 of 625
Hey guys.

Thanks for the feedback, speculation, comment.  We love hearing from you all, whether positive, negative, biased or not.  It is all welcome.

To all of our valued clients out there, if you do suspect you are having issues with your IEM, be it not meeting your expectations or a fault with your build, please feel free to get in touch with us.  We aim to put out the best stuff possible and if there is even a chance that what are aiming to deliver is not being delivered, rest assured we will work with you to make sure we rule out any error in the build on our end.  We won't leave you out to dry.

Things we can help clear up
1. Perhaps try and burn them in.  Real or not, in our experiences and in chatting with clients, many have said that things on the Miracle change after a decent burn.
2. When in doubt, return back to basics and plug them into something simple like an Ipod.with a well known test track, just to double check.
3. If things aren't going well, get in touch with us, and we'll check every last detail of them to make sure they are at least performing up to our standards.

Sound is subjective, it's hard to please everyone, but we're trying.  If you ever a suspect a QC or build quality issue just let us know and we'll go over your IEM with a fine tooth comb and rule out any potential error on our behalf.  

One thing to remember, we always stand by both our products and service and will work with you to make sure everything we can make correct, is correct.

Happy listening!
L3000.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #318 of 625

Quote:
1. Perhaps try and you burn them in.  Real or not, in our experiences and in chatting with clients, many have said that things on the Miracle change after a decent burn.

Do BA IEMs need burn in?

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #319 of 625

Quote:
Hey guys.

Thanks for the feedback, speculation, comment.  We love hearing from you all, whether positive, negative, biased or not.  It is all welcome.

To all of our valued clients out there, if you do suspect you are having issues with your IEM, be it not meeting your expectations or a fault with your build, please feel free to get in touch with us.  We aim to put out the best stuff possible and if there is even a chance that what are aiming to deliver is not being delivered, rest assured we will work with you to make sure we rule out any error in the build on our end.  We won't leave you out to dry.

Things we can help clear up
1. Perhaps try and you burn them in.  Real or not, in our experiences and in chatting with clients, many have said that things on the Miracle change after a decent burn.
2. When in doubt, return back to basics and plug them into something simple like an Ipod.with a well known test track, just to double check.
3. If things aren't going well, get in touch with us, and we'll check every last detail of them to make sure they are at least performing up to our standards.

Sound is subjective, it's hard to please everyone, but we're trying.  If you ever a suspect a QC or build quality issue just let us know and we'll go over your IEM with a fine tooth comb and rule out any potential error on our behalf.  

One thing to remember, we always stand by both our products and service and will work with you to make sure everything we can make correct, is correct.

Happy listening!
L3000.gif

Well done, this is just the right response.

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #320 of 625
Probably not the forum for us to discuss, but on the Miracle and in our experience we can hear the difference.  This is not blanket for all BA IEM's.  Everything uses different glue, cabling, solder, drivers, housing etc, all of which may have different effects on 'burn in'

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #321 of 625
I Totally agree as a person who owns both the Miracle & the Merlin Custom IE M's, Burn in was to my ears necessary.......And after this initial period, the whole spectrum seemed to clear up and it was at this moment when it made them what I and many others believe are a great product, (each one with its own particular sound sig), which I have no hesitations in recommending .
Also, as far as UM as a  Company goes, everything that I questioned or needed was met with prompt and fair service. This reply by Matt is just further proof of this. Surely you can not be any fairer than this.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #322 of 625
This discussion/review thread is becoming very interesting indeed! I always enjoy reading reviews and perspectives but also know that this is all rather subjective, however the larger the sample size the more accurate my own interpretation of the info will be... that is until I finally get my hands on them Miracles!
tongue_smile.gif

What is important is that we continue to have an open discussion with the full understanding that everyone is unique and their opinions are welcome, I do hope this is true of our forum and have only positive evidence of it in my short time here.

Thanks to all you have (and those who will) contributed their time and effort to keeping us all apprised!

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #324 of 625
Without elaborating too much, I mostly agree with what ljokerl has said on his review of the Miracle. I'm quite happy with the sound and yet still glad to have my SM3.
It was a confusing first two days of listening as I've been accustomed to the sound signature of the SM3's.
It was hard to get over with because of it's musicality is through the roof! What I mean is that it is just really enjoyable to listen to music with this specific piece of hardware.
If I had to choose, I would pick the Miracle because it performs better overall. The Miracle is IMO musical yet less warm and not as full, more detailed, has better bass definition and has more pronounced highs frequencies (without fatigue). It's more balanced.
I'm still not sure on how to describe the headstage and instrument/sound positioning. I will get back when I find words to describe it.
Are there adapters that I can use to increase the impedance of the Miracle to 25-40 ohms? If yes, where can i buy them?

UM Miracle>>SM3>>>ATH-M50>Shure E2C>>"Random" Sennheiser Ear Buds

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #325 of 625
I'll add another question here instead of making a new thread -

What would you recommend for an amp+dac if I wanted to use my sensitive IEMs at home? (UM Miracle)

I'm trying to see if I can get something with an output impedance of 1 ohm, if possible. The Miracles have a 16 ohm impedance, and the output of my HM-601 is ~11 ohms and my iBasso D4 is around 9 ohms, because I heard that there could be potential distortion of the FR if the output impedance of my amp is too high.

I'd prefer not to spend a whole lot.

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #326 of 625
Fiio E7 has .13 OI. Works great with low impedance IEMs like the FXT90 and A1.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #327 of 625
Hrm.. but would it be a definite downgrade over HM-601? SQ is really important, too.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #328 of 625

Quote:
I'll add another question here instead of making a new thread -

What would you recommend for an amp+dac if I wanted to use my sensitive IEMs at home? (UM Miracle)

I'm trying to see if I can get something with an output impedance of 1 ohm, if possible. The Miracles have a 16 ohm impedance, and the output of my HM-601 is ~11 ohms and my iBasso D4 is around 9 ohms, because I heard that there could be potential distortion of the FR if the output impedance of my amp is too high.

I'd prefer not to spend a whole lot.

Or you could wait for the iBasso DX100 :)

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #329 of 625
Got a few emails too regarding the same issues, so let's clear this up. If you guys have any issues or concerns, email me any time. 

Quote:
Yea I'd like know what UM would say about this.

Well, all earphones are tested after they are completed and shipped out. The frequency graph from the test for your particular earphone is then printed out and included in the package. If there's something wrong with your Miracle or any other order, they will know from the graphs. Perhaps there are comparing issues with sources or amps that causing all the trouble, but obviously I can't give any definitive answers here. 

Quote:
Goodness folks, step away from the ledge.

I'm not discounting the impressions of the users who are hearing "poorer than expected" sound quality from their Miracles, I appreciate their willingness to speak up and thoroughly detail their impressions.. but they're also just that, impressions.. a few of them in a sea of people who've: heard them and have said they're worthy of the price tag, or those who have ordered them and haven't received them (many with great ears that have listened to other very high end phones).

To instantly assume YOUR Miracles are going to suffer from problems is putting the cart before the horse a bit, no?  I get the sense a large number of users (and Joker in particular, whose opinion is very widely respected here by even the very seasoned listeners) are quite happy and impressed with them.. confidently stating they are top tier customs.

I don't about some of you, but I'm going to hold off on the second-guessing & hand-wringing until mine actually arrive and are heard with my own ears.. which I trust more than anything.

Agreed. again, the source is important as well. 

Quote:

i totally agree, thats why i'm trying not to say much yet.   No matter how many people comment on headphones, you never know what they are really like because everyone has differing, and often VERY differing opinions on what sounds neutral, or better, or correct, or whatever. 

Agreed as well. When people ask me for the differences between the Miracles and the Merlins, I would answer that the Miracles are more balanced than the Merlins. Again, that's a relative comparison. To some people, the Miracle can seem to be heavily colored while to others the Merlins have just the right amount of bass. Like visual perception, acoustic is a subjective issue. 

Quote:
Do BA IEMs need burn in?

Well, BA IEMs need less burn in than dynamic drivers, and some argue that there's no need to burn in at all. Some even argue that you need to burn in the cable as well. It again is a personal thing. 

Quote:
Hrm.. but would it be a definite downgrade over HM-601? SQ is really important, too.

If your budget and pocket size allows, definitely go for the 801. ~

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #330 of 625
Well, has anything been changed in building process recently? It seems to be a fit issue since their fr graph looks fine. Maybe the length of nozzle has been changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back