Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jun 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #136 of 625
overall everything sounds rather the same from what i can remember hearing like a month ago? took around 4 weeks for them to return. besides the impressive sub bass i would say the added db to the bass region has the effect of messing around with the visualisation of positioning of the source of the sound. for example listening to open arms by mariah carey previously i remembered that her voice seems to be in front of the instruments and bass. however due to the increased volume of the bass now they are put perhaps the same distance in front of the listener or even can feel like the bass envelops her voice. however this change is only with no eq and if u prefer the vocals to be more forward a simple setting of the eq will fix that =). for some reason i do not remember experiencing the same sub bass magic that it has now with the old proto when i eqed for more bass. i figured that the old proto eqed to bass boost would sound like the retune but i was pleasantly surprised that it wasnt that simple =) now thinking should i get the silver dragon cables hmmmmm

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #137 of 625

Quote:
overall everything sounds rather the same from what i can remember hearing like a month ago? took around 4 weeks for them to return. besides the impressive sub bass i would say the added db to the bass region has the effect of messing around with the visualisation of positioning of the source of the sound. for example listening to open arms by mariah carey previously i remembered that her voice seems to be in front of the instruments and bass. however due to the increased volume of the bass now they are put perhaps the same distance in front of the listener or even can feel like the bass envelops her voice. however this change is only with no eq and if u prefer the vocals to be more forward a simple setting of the eq will fix that =). for some reason i do not remember experiencing the same sub bass magic that it has now with the old proto when i eqed for more bass. i figured that the old proto eqed to bass boost would sound like the retune but i was pleasantly surprised that it wasnt that simple =) now thinking should i get the silver dragon cables hmmmmm

Thanks for the impressions - it makes me even more impatient for my new ones to arrive. 

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #139 of 625

Quote:
Finally got my miracles today! 

All I'm going to say is that I'm one very happy camper! I'll post a more detailed review after I've had some time with them.

Just received a tracking number for mine today ... I'm coming from HF3 etymotics, so expect a bit of a jump :)

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #141 of 625

Quote:
Very exciting! Wonder how far down the list I am. Sent my impressions away 10 days ago...
Patience is a virtue of which I have none...

I sent my impressions via tracked fedex direct to china.  Sent them 5/18.  They arrived at UM labs
5/23.   I just received my tracking number today from UM AUS.  No ETA yet on when they will arrive here in the US.  So I'm guessing about 4 weeks total from when they received my impressions.  

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #146 of 625
Actually, I'm not 100% sure!  I was wondering the same myself.  We talked through a bunch of options in putting together the requests, and I gave general guidelines, and the UM AUS guys pretty much put together the details.  I figured they would have more experience with the looks than I would within my general guidelines.  Looks like it should work out well trusting their judgement.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #148 of 625
Hey guys, as much as I'm enjoying the miracles I do have one issue: sibilance. I think this may be a recording specific issue but none the less sibilance is standing out on lots of my favourite music. Any other owners experiencing this? I only have less than 20 hours on them. I'm not that experienced with BA drivers, do they require burn in? I'm thinking of expirementing with filter material to see if I can tame it a bit without ruining the sig.

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #149 of 625
Well the good news is that I was at home when the bell rang and the USPS man delivered my new Miracles. The bad news is that the same doorbell caused daughter # 2 to wake up from her nap 10 mins later. As a result I've only had a few minutes to listen and I now need to wait until the wife goes to bed before I get to really try them out

The face plate is titanium. Looks pretty cool although it might be a little flashier than my norm

The sound on first impression is awesome as is the fit and isolation. I was immediately reminded of my linn Accurate floor system in terms of detail and dynamic range and delivery!

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #150 of 625
Ok, I'm blown away by these headphones!  This is exactly what I had been searching for in a headphone, basically a similar signature to my floor system with the same kind of detail (floor system is Linn Akkurate 242s with 3 x 2250 amps driving them and a Linn Movie DI for source) .  As a matter of fact, the miracles out of my phone may be more revealing in a lot of ways, although I didn't get to actually a/b them.  (The whole reason I'm now diving into headphones is that I have 3 year old twins and now basically no longer get to use my floor system, and need to do my listening while the family is asleep, or when I'm working))

Listening equipment used so far:

Nexus S with Voodoo Sound, mix of 320kbps and FLAC
laptop to usb optical converter to parasound d/ac 2000 -> parasound pld 2000 mix of flac / 320 / cd
UM Miracles with Beat Audio iphone cable (haven't tried the stock cable yet) that have approximately 3 hrs of listening time at this point.

So far, it's giving me presentation and details that are easily equaling (and I'm leaning towards saying surpassing) my T1 or AD2k.  Also, it sounded amazing out of my Nexus S with VoodooSound.  I haven't A/B with my desktop setup yet, but basically it is outstanding directly out of the phone.    I'm currently listening on the desktop setup where I'm equally impressed.

Some of the things that I've discovered in my first bit of listening:

1) with Andrew White's Guitarra Celtica album I hear echos in the music that I had never realized were there before.   I went back and listened on the T1 and sure enough I could pick them up there as well, however, I just hadn't noticed them before. In particular, this was on the outtake on one of the tracks, where you hear the subtle echo of the flute as the track fades out on the end. This includes on my floor system where I hadn't picked this up, and that is out of my phone as a source without and amp!

2) this is the first set of phones where I'm picking up a noticeable difference between on one of my Rodriga + Gabriella 1:11 tracks between a 320 kb/s download and the flac download from their site. 

3) instrument separation is equally outstanding. 

4) female vocals give the same kind of outstanding presentation I get out of the AD2ks with a very intimate feel.

5) percussion is outstanding and highly detailed.  (also bass and guitar)

6) I haven't hit any song yet in my collection that I've played that I haven't found be an outstanding listening experience.

The comfort and fit is also outstanding, although the right seems to be slightly less perfect than the left (takes more fiddling to get in right).  (although this is my first custom iem so I can't compare to others)    The HF3s I have aren't even close in sound quality.  The bass in particular is nowhere near as well controlled, and I'm getting a lot of extra detail.  While I still liked listening to the HF3, even in a quick a/b to the miracles, and consider them a great headphone for the money ($100 vs $900 for the Miracles) there really is no comparison.

I still need to get to try a go on a better headphone amp with my T1s and AD2ks to see how they shake out in a comparison, but right now, I think I may have found my ultimate headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back