Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jun 19, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #151 of 625
I'm very happy to hear all this! Awaiting the arrival of mine. Are you able to post up some pictures of the IEM's as I have ordered the same face plate on mine and would be very interested to see how yours have come out.

Cheers

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #152 of 625
Here is an image trying to show the faceplate.  Fairly tricky to do with the lighting I have available unfortunately!

Quote:
I'm very happy to hear all this! Awaiting the arrival of mine. Are you able to post up some pictures of the IEM's as I have ordered the same face plate on mine and would be very interested to see how yours have come out.

Cheers

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #153 of 625
That looks cool. I do hope that mine come out OK, I've just asked them to add some artwork to them given they seem to have their artwork up and running now. This is the image, and below the placement of them on the IEM's

I do hope it turns out as I picture it in my head (and not as badly as my very dodgey last minute editing).

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #155 of 625

Quote:
Ronrad - thanks for the pics and impressions. Sounds like you are very pleased with them.

Is that a Beat Audio cable?

Yup, I am very pleased with them for sure!  I had debated looking at the Merlin as well as the Miracle, however, in the end I wanted the better isolation of the Miracle, and I've actually found I'm quite happy with the bass presentation of the Miracle.  However, while I'm not a stranger to listening to other quite high quality setups, I am new to IEMs, and did a jump from an HF3 to the Miracle, so I'm now somewhat curious to see how higher end Universals might stackup.   Given your comments, and Jokers comments that he needs to recalibrate the scales for the Mircale, it sounds like you feel the Merlin at least is right up there among the best.

The cable is the beat audio iphone cable.  I wanted to have these work as a headset as well, as I listen at work and occasionally need to take phone calls / conference calls.   I pretty much asked UM Aus whether the cable would be at least on par with stock, and then work as a headset.   I have the stock cable as well, and haven't bothered to try an A/ B yet. 

Aces71: -> looks like it should be cool!    please post when you get them ...

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #156 of 625
After many more hours of listening I can happily say that the miracles are by far the best listening experience I've had. It's so close to perfect it's not even funny. Literally brings tears to my eyes at moments. The overall signature is quite balanced with just enough treble emphasis to bring out details without being fatiguing or harsh. As I mentioned before, the miracles can bring forward sibilance if it's prodominant on the recording. As I'm becoming more comfortable and adjusted to them, this becomes less of an issue.  The fact is these phones offer so much enjoyment I can't help but forget about them and slip into the zone.

Thanks for the great review Project86. It's pretty much spot on if you're considering the miracles. 

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #157 of 625

Quote:
After many more hours of listening I can happily say that the miracles are by far the best listening experience I've had. It's so close to perfect it's not even funny. Literally brings tears to my eyes at moments. The overall signature is quite balanced with just enough treble emphasis to bring out details without being fatiguing or harsh. As I mentioned before, the miracles can bring forward sibilance if it's prodominant on the recording. As I'm becoming more comfortable and adjusted to them, this becomes less of an issue.  The fact is these phones offer so much enjoyment I can't help but forget about them and slip into the zone.

Thanks for the great review Project86. It's pretty much spot on if you're considering the miracles. 

I'll second that too!  Project86 review plus the hints from Joker helped lead me to make this choice, and I'm blown away.  Given that I only have 30 hrs or so on them I'm curious to see if they show much break in improvement.  I just did a quick experiment on break-in (see other thread) so I'm now a believer.  (And that was on a BA iem as well) They are already exceptional in my mind.  I have noticed the dreaded make everything else seem really dull and life experience with the Miracles though!  I listened to my ESW10jpns immediately afterwards and was struck by how flow and lifeless they were.  I'm happy to report that feeling goes away pretty quickly though.

Also, I want to comment on the soundstage.  I'm not sure I'd describe it as "large".  The separation of the instruments is exceptional, however the presentation seems to be a very intimate you are in the middle of music feeling.  I actually really enjoy it.  Probably even more than my floor system!   That was one area in listening to my AT AD2000s I noticed the other day.  The ADs struck me as having a wider sound stage.  Although I prefer what I get in the Miracles, the ADs are the only phones that I can listen to after the Miracles without noticing the flatness and the presentation and others make it a great alternative.

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #163 of 625
I think having some text / graphics on the faceplate with the TI is cool.  With mine, once they are in, the ti looks a little plain, so I think having something more on that would be a big plus.  Overall I love the ti, but I think if I were to do it again, it would be ti plus writing or graphics.

So, different subject, what is the best combination dac / amp that people are using with the Miracles?

Quote:
Quote:
Wow! That black text over silver really stands out! Is the rest of the shell clear? 

Yes, only the faceplate is titanium, the rest is all clear.

Jun 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #164 of 625

Quote:

Some pics:

They Looks awesome! Really come up well, you must be quite happy :)

Quote:
I think having some text / graphics on the faceplate with the TI is cool.  With mine, once they are in, the ti looks a little plain, so I think having something more on that would be a big plus.  Overall I love the ti, but I think if I were to do it again, it would be ti plus writing or graphics.

So, different subject, what is the best combination dac / amp that people are using with the Miracles?

Don't know if this will help at all given mine haven't yet arrived. But I've got a RSA SR-71B with a CypherLabs AlgoRhythm Solo running mine. :D
I believe it's one of the best portable combinations.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #165 of 625
I usually listen with an HiFiMAN HM-602, but also just with an iPod 5G or a Clip they behave quite well.
normal_smile .gif

Yesterday i made an extended listening session, and i was absolutely amazed with some tracks!
Those who own the Miracle, should give it a shoot:

- The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me [listen in particularly tracks 13 - Like Cockatoos and 16 - A Thousand Hours] - the instrument separation is remarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back