Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Feb 27, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #92 of 625
About remolding: I would be very careful with that, how can you know that the sound will be as it is supposed to be? Will they perform frequency checks before and after? I did read that jha iems are tuned for each user individually before sending so how can you be sure that the sound is the seem after remolding. I would always keepw orrying about this tbh. Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #94 of 625

Quote:
Hello, yes here in europe you have to pay 950 euros for the westone es5 while in the states they cost 950 dollars. Even if you can go through other sites I would always rather go through the official maker. Greetings, Anouk,

I agree with that. It's often the cheapest, fastest (in some cases) and also the safest way.

Feb 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #95 of 625
My mind's set on an ES5, and all circumstances counted for, going through Earplugstore is currently my best option. It's one more stop on the road and it's annoying, I'd much rather have direct access to the head of the company like with JHA, but the ES5 wins out for me both in sound and art, and in the end it's also cheaper. Westone 1-year warranty is still valid, and Earplugstore's 90 day refit is three times more what you'll get with most retailers.

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #96 of 625
Hi,
the wait is over...  I finally got my Miracle custom IEM!! Best $850 expense in audio ever!!
there is no comparison  with my former favorite IEM Fischer DBA-02!!
it feels like going from a fine, detailed small monitor speaker to a full range 3-way huge speaker (think B&W 801 or the like).

Before talking about the sound, I want to mention how wonderful is the seal I get with the Miracle, just terrific, best seal ever.Living in a very noisy city, I am totally disconnected from ambient noise while walking on the streets. It is scary at times
How do I feel about the sound?
Incredibly balanced, no frequency band stands out, transition from bass to midrange is so smooth...
bass is something special, huge body, always present, but never calling attention to itself, hard to describe in words (and I have owned Sennheiser IE-8).
coming from DBA-02 I find Miracle's midrange kind of laid back, less forward. Vocals are crystal clear, smooth and very detailed,
Treble is very extended, completely on balance with the midrange, and less pronounced than on DBA-02, never harsh and no sibilance whatsoever.
Instrument separation is even higher on the Miracle than DBA-02. Headstage is big!! reminds me IE-8, but less pronounced and better defined.
Ahh, the dynamics, this IEMs manage complex musical passages with ease, they feel so effortless! DBA02 sounds constrained in comparison.
I bet they have plenty of headroom, but I have yet to try them at very high volumes.
To summarize my take on my Miracle IEM: effortless, balanced, detailed, very extended and big sound, elegant and so cool....
and again: best seal ever!!
I'm in audio nirvana right now.
thank you guys for letting me know about Unique Melody!
cheers
Jose

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #98 of 625

Quote:
Hi,
the wait is over...  I finally got my Miracle custom IEM!! Best $850 expense in audio ever!!
there is no comparison  with my former favorite IEM Fischer DBA-02!!
it feels like going from a fine, detailed small monitor speaker to a full range 3-way huge speaker (think B&W 801 or the like).

Before talking about the sound, I want to mention how wonderful is the seal I get with the Miracle, just terrific, best seal ever.Living in a very noisy city, I am totally disconnected from ambient noise while walking on the streets. It is scary at times
How do I feel about the sound?
Incredibly balanced, no frequency band stands out, transition from bass to midrange is so smooth...
bass is something special, huge body, always present, but never calling attention to itself, hard to describe in words (and I have owned Sennheiser IE-8).
coming from DBA-02 I find Miracle's midrange kind of laid back, less forward. Vocals are crystal clear, smooth and very detailed,
Treble is very extended, completely on balance with the midrange, and less pronounced than on DBA-02, never harsh and no sibilance whatsoever.
Instrument separation is even higher on the Miracle than DBA-02. Headstage is big!! reminds me IE-8, but less pronounced and better defined.
Ahh, the dynamics, this IEMs manage complex musical passages with ease, they feel so effortless! DBA02 sounds constrained in comparison.
I bet they have plenty of headroom, but I have yet to try them at very high volumes.
To summarize my take on my Miracle IEM: effortless, balanced, detailed, very extended and big sound, elegant and so cool....
and again: best seal ever!!
I'm in audio nirvana right now.
thank you guys for letting me know about Unique Melody!
cheers
Jose

Excellent post/mini-review! I'm glad you enjoy them as much as I did. Care to post pictures?

I bolded part of your post because I think it is particularly descriptive. It's funny how you don't quite know what you are missing until you hear it through a world class headphone/IEM/speaker.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #99 of 625
I've trying other musical genres such as trance, electronic, dance, jazz fusion and acoustic jazz. Miracles does not prefer one genre over any other, same arresting and beautiful presentation of music. Very fast but at the same time a huge and engrossing musical envelop.
will try some classical and vocal jazz over the weekend, and some movies in 5.1 DD. should be interesting....
Pics will follow, regards, Jose

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #100 of 625
I shipped my molds off a little more than 2 weeks ago. how long did it take you guys to receive your miracles?

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #102 of 625
Quote:
One important thing aspect to note about the Miracle is the price: it is listed at www.custom-iem.com  for $929, which is already lower than the JH13pro ($1099) and the UE18pro ($1350). I notice that right now they are having a Christmas sale, offering an additional $100 off which brings the price down to $829. Obviously that's still pretty expensive, but in the world of reference level headphones it is very much on the cheaper side.

Could someone clarify on the point of pricing? On the UK website the UM Melody goes for £775 (~$1,260USD), which is quite a hefty price tag - certainly more expensive than the JH16s or the JH13s.

Have I misread something? From the posts on this thread I was under the impression that without the discount, they retail for ~$950USD.

Link: http://www.ampcity.co.uk/headphones/unique-melody-miracle-custom-iem.html

Either that or ampcity sure is taking one big bite out of the pie. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #104 of 625
i think its better to order via custom-iem.com as they everywhere in the world and the price includes shipping ( correct me if am wrong, i ordered my miracle from the indian distributor so i dont know about it ).
but i dont think you will get the X'mus discount ( i mean it april now )

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #105 of 625
Just to add some further clarification.

UM Australia and UM UK both offer full service (ship your impressions to us and we ship your custom back to you), this may or may not be the case with other UM Resellers.  Afaik UMUK also include the price of your impressions appointment in the quoted cost on their website.  

Whilst I can't speak for UMUK, when ordering internationally (Outside of Australia) and shipping directly to UMLab, a slightly different (cheaper but less secure) pricing structure exists.  The minimum for a good courier service from Australia to China is around $45AUD.  Not sure on the US or the UK, but I'm sure it would be in a similar range, possibly more in the UK which makes our pricing structure make a bit more sense.

Quote:
Still showing $929 from the US distributer and $950 from the Australia distributor, which works out to roughly the same price. Ampcity seems a bit high, partially accounted for by the exchange rate, but not completely. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back