Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Dec 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #46 of 625
1964-Q will definitely suffice any basshead, and it has better quality (more control and clearer) bass than the FX700. I say this with the addendum that the FX700 is my favorite universal IEM out of all the one I've heard.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #47 of 625
Thanks for the review ...I am really Confident on MY Miracle purchase now :D

placed my order 2 months before , but for some postal screw Up my ear Impressions are stuck in Shanghai
angry_face.gif

I hope they reach UM soon and soon i have my first Customs ! Will post my review then as well
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #48 of 625

Btw, the official distributor for UM products in singapore is Stereo Electronics...they do provide demo units for marvel/aero/mage/miracle
For auditioning of JH customs, you will have to proceed to Jaben

hope you have a fun time here!
o2smile.gif

But Stereo Electronics does not list UM on their website? Would you happen to know at what price they offer the Miracle?

Still trying to figure this out. Maybe I should just go all out, buy the JH16 and be done with this :D

Can anyone comment how the Miracle responds to EQing?

As another data point, at the moment, I spend most of my time with D2000 with JMoney pads and quite like what I hear (Ah well could not resist boosting bass by5db though :) - my universals just somehow really lack in the Soundstage department now...

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #49 of 625
its under the custom-reshelling section, u will see UM

miracle cost S$1300 normal price, S$1170 for the xmas promo...the prices exclude shipping and ear impressions costs

both jh16 and miracle offer different sound signature, so do not be mistaken that the jh16>miracle, i would suggest you demoing both first and decide which suits you better, before you plough your cash in

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #50 of 625
Sorry I haven't listened to my (heavily modded) JVC RX700 in ages. From memory, it has somewhat similar amounts of bass as the Miracle until you get down to maybe 40Hz and below, where the JVC rapidly drops off and the Miracle continues to pound. also the JVC is much more "fuzzy" in the bass area, the Miracle is very clear and defined. My mods could be giving me a different sound than yours though.

If you liked a +5 boost in bass on a Denon D2000, the Miracle might not have enough bass for you. The new UM Merlin is coming soon (possibly lext month) and it has a dynamic driver for lows along with 4 BA drivers for mids and highs like the Miracle. It supposedly has a more bass heavy sound signature, and it might be UM's answer to the JH16. I'll be reviewing it when it is done so I'll post impressions when possible. As has been said, the JH16 and 1964-Q might also be good options for a basshead like you, I'd stay away from the UE Reference Monitors and the ES5 due to neutral bass on those.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #51 of 625
I just tried the Miracle universal today. I was rather disappointed. Rock songs sounded very "messy" and "congested" especially between the electric guitars and the cymbals.

All listening was done using 320kbps through a HM-602 and with/without Headstage Arrow amp.

Any thoughts?

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #52 of 625
HM602 , IMO are very choosy of the IEM they are paired with ...MY JVC victor FX700  sounds great with HM602 while, the RE262 not so great with  the 602( RE262 is superb with Sflo2 though )

Might be cause of that

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #53 of 625

Quote:
I just tried the Miracle universal today. I was rather disappointed. Rock songs sounded very "messy" and "congested" especially between the electric guitars and the cymbals.

All listening was done using 320kbps through a HM-602 and with/without Headstage Arrow amp.

Any thoughts?

The very nice people who have done most of the reviews of UM get advance demo UM models loaned to them...if they don't give 100% totally, completely, absolutely positive reviews, those demos may not come next time. Again, they are very nice and I'm only stating what's completely understandable, common sense. No ad hominem intended or implied. This is why reviews should always state the relationship to the product and how the product was obtained.
Here's more common sense stuff: Every person hears differently and we have different sources, music, etc. Also, fit issues with universal demos can play a big factor.

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #54 of 625

Quote:

The very nice people who have done most of the reviews of UM get free demos of UM models...if they don't give 100% totally, completely, absolutely positive reviews, those demos may not come next time. Again, they are very nice and I'm only stating what's completely understandable, common sense. This is why reviews should always state the relationship to the product and how the product was obtained.
Here's more common sense stuff: Every person hears differently and we have different sources, music, etc. Also, fit issues with universal demos can play a big factor.

From my understanding that is not true. project86 received a loan which means he had them for a certain time frame and then had to return them although I would imagine that the person who loaned project86 would pay for the return shipping.

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #55 of 625

Quote:

From my understanding that is not true. project86 received a loan which means he had them for a certain time frame and then had to return them although I would imagine that the person who loaned project86 would pay for the return shipping.

Right, that's my error, I'll correct it. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #56 of 625

Quote:

Any thoughts?

Not sure. I haven't heard either the HM-602 nor the Arrow but both are well regarded so I wouldn't necessarily blame them. But I didn't have that issue with the Miracle on any of my gear, from low to high end. My suspicion is that the tips were the problem though. I happened to get a great fit with mine but in other cases (like my Monster Coppers) the sound is extremely different based on which tips I use. Even some that feel like a good seal sound like garbage. Others that fit well can sound completely different from each other. Coppers with supertips compared to Coppers with triple flange sound like totally different IEMs to me. Did they have different tips you could try out?

Quote:

Quote:

Any thoughts?

The very nice people who have done most of the reviews of UM get advance demo UM models loaned to them...if they don't give 100% totally, completely, absolutely positive reviews, those demos may not come next time. Again, they are very nice and I'm only stating what's completely understandable, common sense. No ad hominem intended or implied. This is why reviews should always state the relationship to the product and how the product was obtained.

No offense taken, it is a good point. I do try to always list how I got the product, as I agree it is worth considering that aspect of a review. I can't speak for any other UM reviewer since I don't know any of them personally or what their arrangement is with UM. I think I was clear in my review of the Miracle that it was a loaner pair, which I kept for 2 weeks and then had to return (at my own expense for shipping even).

I have never received any compensation from UM for anything (although I welcome a check in the mail, my car needs new tires soon). I was totally free to express my feeling on the product, for better or worse. When I did the review of the Miracle I had no indication that they would want me to do another review down the road, which they now do. But if I get the demo of their new Merlin model and it sucks, I'll be the first one to tell you.

I am aware that people make purchases based on reviews like these and I want nothing but the best for music lovers out there. That's why it is admirable that UM is willing to send me their stuff for review, despite the fact that own numerous other competing products. It would be easier for them to impress a first time user than someone like me who can compare directly to the other options on the market.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #57 of 625
@project 86 How does the Miracle respond to EQ? In your Aero review you mentioned that the Aero responded very well to EQ. Does that also apply to the Miracle?

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #58 of 625

Quote:
@project 86 How does the Miracle respond to EQ? In your Aero review you mentioned that the Aero responded very well to EQ. Does that also apply to the Miracle?

Yes, from what little EQing I did. I wanted to see if I could get a smooth laid back high end despite using a rather sharp portable amp (Vivid Technologies V1). Rockbox EQ on my Sansa Fuze did the trick quite well. To be honest though I found the sound so perfectly tailored to my preferences that I ran it flat 99.9% of the time.

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #59 of 625
Project86, want to thank you for the review and help through PM.

I am really happy with my Miracle, it got here yesterday after a month wait :)

Btw, my frequency response Chart is a little different from the Demo you've tested:

UM is a really good company.
Stephen Guo too, very nice guy to deal with!

Anyway, gotta take some days listening to make a non hyped statement about fit and S.Q.

But build quality wise, customer service (through Stephen from www.custom-iem.com) and delivery time (they got my earmold impressions on dec 22th and I got the Miracles yesterday, they sent it on 01/11/11 pretty fast, 2 days shipping by fedex) are fantastic, btw I am from Brazil.

Cheers

Tulio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back