REVIEW: Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro & Sensaphonics ProPhonic 2X-Soft
Jun 23, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #211 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
Plainsong I think you are way out of order and i have contacted the mods about this post.

I also agree that HRA does have important information to add regarding this topic. Not everyone has to write a review about the sound to be meaningful. Giving us the inside scoop of how they are made and how they are used by the pros is helpful as well. My whole concern about these IEM was they were meant for live recordings and not the consumer market. That's why the ue5c looked appealing at first. It still looks like the ue10c is the way to go for me.

So the point is, I would hate to lose HRA perspective on these topics just because there were issues in the past or he doesn't come off quite as friendly as everyone else. I would be nice is there were some other pros that chimed in as well that have extensive use with different IEMs.

Jun 23, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #212 of 271
Hi,

I would like HRA to stay in the forums also. As an aside, I sent HRA a private message and received an extremely friendly, helpful reply.

Sent my order and impressions half an hour ago for UE-10 Pros. Can't wait.

John
New Member of the Ultimate Ears Fan Boy Appreciation Society

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #213 of 271
I don't exactly agree with Plainsong, but I don't disagree with her either. For someone who's used all the canalphones, I can't figure out a way that he could be any less useful than he's been.
Besides, the whole HRA signing on as a different person to make BS threads is still on my memory. Some would say that he's not just cocky and full of ****, but also lacks credibility. I would say that I think he's right that Lindrone was a little biased even before he started his review, but at least Lindrone gives us a solid opinion on something with his own experiences.
HRA, you say you "try and help those few people that are really interested in investing in high end IEM's to make the right decision based on fact and intelligent reviews"... offer us one. You can make it brief and base it on your opinions, but taking potshots and taking blanket cover behind your age and professional experience when questioned is uncool.
biggrin.gif
Bring on the mods, I'll have my UE10s ready
etysmile.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #214 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
Plainsong I think you are way out of order and i have contacted the mods about this post.

Fine, if this is the direction head-fi as a community wants to take, then it's me that doesn't belong here.

Some of us want to talk about the sound, but the loudest ones want to just stay as fanboys. If that's the case then I don't blend into such a place. I really mean that. I would think twice before posting a review in this environment.

Jun 23, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #215 of 271
I think its time to stop all the attention thrown towards me...I get enough of that professionally.
tongue.gif
As far as the controversy surrounding the old post by one of my son and his friend, I have already explained that it wasn't me, just them using my computer. Thanks to all those who chose to believe me...to those that don't, there is nothing I can do, or will do to convince you otherwise.

To the girl(?) from Helsinki, I think you are pathetic....get a life and go out on a date instead of having your head plugged into an iPod.....enjoy life, as its really wonderful for most of us....don't be so bitter.

Jun 23, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #218 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by HRA
Dothead,

I'm not asking for your forgiveness, don't want it, don't need it. You attacked me by calling me a liar and a troll so why don't you go your way and I'll go mine. And you are right, I am cocky
280smile.gif

I do believe the term DOTHEAD is inappropriate as some on this forum might find that word insulting and derogatory.

Just my 2 cents ...

Oh BTW -- Lindrone has recommeded to others on this forum that the UE10Po might be a better choice for them based on their preferences ... I know he did to me within this thread itself ... one the first few pages somewhere.

Jun 23, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #219 of 271
I find it very difficult to believe that anyone as immature and childish as HRA is really an adult. Insults aside, I find your ego and mannerisms repulsive. I hope, for the sake of the next generation, that you haven't raised your children to follow in your behavioral foot steps.

Jun 23, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #220 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by HRA
To the girl(?) from Helsinki, I think you are pathetic....get a life and go out on a date instead of having your head plugged into an iPod.....enjoy life, as its really wonderful for most of us....don't be so bitter.

This is uncalled for. It is plain rude.

Jun 23, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #222 of 271
I think its pretty clear HRA is largely responsible for much of the trouble in this thread, which started when he posted. He should be dealt with. Hes clearly a troll and the account business means he can't be trusted. Why do mods let this go on? Since when has flaming in any form ever been tolerated here? This is rediculous. He doesn't have anything useful to say. His posts have been about Jerry, what the 'pros' use, flaming and defending himself. Plainsong was not out of order it was the truth and it had to be said.

-jesse

Jun 23, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #223 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse_w
I think its pretty clear HRA is largely responsible for much of the trouble in this thread, which started when he posted. He should be dealt with. Hes clearly a troll and the account business means he can't be trusted. Why do mods let this go on? Since when has flaming in any form ever been tolerated here? This is rediculous. He doesn't have anything useful to say. His posts have been about Jerry, what the 'pros' use, flaming and defending himself. Plainsong was not out of order it was the truth and it had to be said.

-jesse

He did send someone a graph to post on here, which I find useful and hope is not a fake. I don't agree his comebacks (insults) but I believe he was attacked first for past behavior. He should refrain from insulting them back though. Maybe I'm just one of the few that think he might have something usefull to say. I guess it's up to mod to ban him though.

Jun 23, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #224 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I choose Coors lite
eggosmile.gif

[gsferrari waits in silence for the fight to ensue about which lite beer is the best]

*fight*

[gsferrari sighs in satisfaction that his entire post was a waste...but the beer is still good...still cold...life is awesome]

YOU'RE WRONG. IN THE PROFESSIONAL WORLD, WE DON'T DRINK LITE BEER.

Jun 23, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #225 of 271
Forgive me in advance for posting something back on the original subject (sort of, it doesn't have the UE10's in there)...

I found this by accident--the UE10's (Or Ety 4P's for that matter) aren't mentioned. It's obviously not an audiophile site, but it is an interesting read--it confirms many of the things Lindrone had to say about the sensaphonics.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062885/K=ul.../05/07.1.shtml

I'm back to square one now; I'm wondering if going with the UE5C's might be the best way for me to go (perhaps without the filter). Has anyone tried the UE5 pro's, or the UE5C's without the filter for the mid frequency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back