REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
Nov 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #166 of 253
Quote:
Musical (or musicality) - A sense of cohesion and subjective "rightness" in the sound - From Describing Sound A Glossary

I think the thing called musicality is widely used in describing sound but actually it's very very subjective. From my observation so far, people tend to describe a headphone musical when it is easy to listen to because of the good midrange ( thick, lush,...) and non-fatiguing presentation as well as several more things. Moreover, as the definition above stated, it is not the same for everyone because everyone has his/her own standard of how the sound is right or wrong :wink:

Thanks for responding. I too see that word as very subjective, so much so that I think it fails in its usefulness as a word. It doesn't really convey information. I usually assume people mean "more bass" but who knows. It would be much more simple and clear to say "more bass."

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #167 of 253
Quote:

Of course the logos are inside the shells. I was wrong, but it looks like something around the logos.

They aren't stickers. They're decals used for that sort of artwork because laser printing is not accurate enough to reproduce our logo effectively or any sort of logo that breaks from a unified shape. The decals are printed and then put inside the shells as you can see here. We can't cut them before hand due to the complexity and size of our logo, so this is the best solution.

It's a compromise that we're pretty happy with because the visibility of said decal outline is pretty low. It also means that the artwork will always be in perfect condition no matter what sort of wear and tear the customs go through. 

At the end of the day if you don't like that sort of look on the CIEM you can always ask for something else or not have it at all. It certainly looks a lot better than my pair because we laser printed the logo on that one and it didn't turn out too great! 

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #168 of 253

Quote:
They aren't stickers. They're decals used for that sort of artwork because laser printing is not accurate enough to reproduce our logo effectively or any sort of logo that breaks from a unified shape. The decals are printed and then put inside the shells as you can see here. We can't cut them before hand due to the complexity and size of our logo, so this is the best solution.

My bad. Thanks for explanation.

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #170 of 253
David, you should collect a list of people willing to pull the trigger and many we could get a small-ish group buy going! :D

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #171 of 253
Quote:
David, you should collect a list of people willing to pull the trigger and many we could get a small-ish group buy going!
biggrin.gif

A motivated Head-Fier could always take it upon himself/herself to do so.
wink_face.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #172 of 253
Extremely difficult over the internet/with people you can't meet in person.... thanks to head-fi regulations lol.

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #173 of 253
I would be happy to take names for a group buy.

I am well known around here and let's face it...what good would another C4 do me?

So...if you want in on the group buy...please PM with the headline "C4 Group Buy" and country of origin.

I'll coordinate with Frogbeats.

Let's aim to get this group buy in by January 15. This should give people ample time to save up and order one.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #175 of 253
Anyone else want to do a group buy for the C5s? :D

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #176 of 253
I am almost convinced to buy one of this on the group, has anyone listed to the C4 and the UM Miracle?

This would be my frist CIEM so I just want to read a comparison to chose one
bigsmile_face.gif

Any sugestions would be appreciated

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #178 of 253
Quote:
It'll be the same discount for all the C3/C4/C5's pooled in the group buy if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, GREAT!

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #180 of 253
Does anyone know how much the discount would be? :D

I'm about to commit to a pair, but could wait for the group buy if the price would be similar...

I think we'll have to wait to hear from David for a ballpark estimate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back