REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
Nov 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #151 of 253
Quote:
Oh, I've read that already. Just waiting for a more detailed, in-depth comparison, as you stated above. Of course, what others choose to do with their time is completely their prerogative, so I can't really ask anyone to rush or do something they simply can't, or don't want to. 

I'm so glad that you understand it , i will write a review with more details after i spend more time with it , i don't want to rush because i don't want to miss anything  . Actually , the review above is my words ,not rakan . I borrow him his head-fi account to write it because i don't own any head-fi account . So from now on , i will use this account , not rakan any and from now , anything was written by rakan , it will be the real rakan , not me anymore :wink:)

Btw , again , the C4 really impress me in every aspects . In brief comparision , the C4 is the most neutral one between heir 4.Ai , fitear 334 . C4 play very accurate tone . Fitear 334 has thicker sound , warmer , bassier than the C4 and more forward mid . C4's high is shimmer and extend higher than both fitear 334 and heir 4.Ai without being feel fatigued . For the soundstage and image , it's really insane for an IEM , i can say c4 is the best iem i've ever heard or in my IEM list . I think LFF's review is right after all

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #152 of 253
Quote:
I'm so glad that you understand it , i will write a review with more details after i spend more time with it , i don't want to rush because i don't want to miss anything  . Actually , the review above is my words ,not rakan . I borrow him his head-fi account to write it because i don't own any head-fi account . So from now on , i will use this account , not rakan any and from now , anything was written by rakan , it will be the real rakan , not me anymore :wink:)

Btw , again , the C4 really impress me in every aspects . In brief comparision , the C4 is the most neutral one between heir 4.Ai , fitear 334 . C4 play very accurate tone . Fitear 334 has thicker sound and warmer , bassier than the C4 . C4's high is shimmer and extend higher than both fitear 334 and heir 4.Ai  . For the soundstage and image , it's really insane for an IEM , i can say c4 is the best iem i've ever heard or in my IEM list . I think LFF's review is right after all

Oh, less warm than the 334? And more treble extension? Definitely sounds neutral now. Good to hear about the soundstage! Pretty much decided on buying these, but I'll wait for even more positive experiences before I jump on them. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #153 of 253
Quote:

Oh, less warm than the 334? And more treble extension? Definitely sounds neutral now. Good to hear about the soundstage! Pretty much decided on buying these, but I'll wait for even more positive experiences before I jump on them. 

Fitear 334 also have more forward and smoother mid . more bass than the C4 .

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #154 of 253
Quote:
Fitear 334 also have more forward and smoother mid . more bass than the C4 .

I did find the TG334 to be slightly warm, sort of like a vastly de-coloured W4. It's still very close to neutral for me, so hopefully the C4s won't vary too much. Thanks for the impressions, they were very, very helpful! 

Oh, and another question if you don't mind. You do say that the C4s are neutral, but how are they in terms of transparency? For example, one can be neutral and yet still be smooth sounding to the point where detail is lost, and it becomes not very transparent.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #155 of 253
Quote:
I did find the TG334 to be slightly warm, sort of like a vastly de-coloured W4. It's still very close to neutral for me, so hopefully the C4s won't vary too much. Thanks for the impressions, they were very, very helpful! 

Oh, and another question if you don't mind. You do say that the C4s are neutral, but how are they in terms of transparency? For example, one can be neutral and yet still be smooth sounding to the point where detail is lost, and it becomes not very transparent.

i agree with you ..... I did feel the TG334 a little bit warm and very close to neutral . The C4 keep high details level , transparent and very spacious . It's not as smooth as the fitear 334 but i do feel it has a good level of smoothness without sacrifice anything ^^ . I have no regret for getting the C4 :))

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #157 of 253
Fitear 334 has a little bit more musicality with thicker and warmer sound . but that doesn't mean the C4s is lack of musicality . For overall presentation , i still prefer my c4 over my fitear 334 .

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #158 of 253
Quote:
Would one equate "neutral" at this level to a lack of "musicality"? Or are they not the binary opposites that I am under the impression that they are?

I don't think that if a headphone is neutral then that means they lack musicality. Those i consider lack of musicality are something that sound very bright and analytical such as Sony SA5000.

Regarding the Fitear TG334! i would say that if you listen to vocal genre mostly then it is more musical than the C4 but because of its high level of smoothness, i think it lacks a little accuracy compared to the C4.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #162 of 253
Quote:
The build quality and color look nice. The only thing I don't like is the evidence of the stickers used for their logo.

So, do you mean that the logo is a sticker...as in sooner or later it will start pealing....
frown.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #163 of 253
Quote:

The build quality and color look nice. The only thing I don't like is the evidence of the stickers used for their logo.

Actually, the logos are inside the faceplates, not stickers.

Quote:
What does musicality mean? Is it the same for everyone?

Musical (or musicality) - A sense of cohesion and subjective "rightness" in the sound - From Describing Sound A Glossary

I think the thing called musicality is widely used in describing sound but actually it's very very subjective. From my observation so far, people tend to describe a headphone musical when it is easy to listen to because of the good midrange ( thick, lush,...) and non-fatiguing presentation as well as several more things. Moreover, as the definition above stated, it is not the same for everyone because everyone has his/her own standard of how the sound is right or wrong :wink:

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #164 of 253

Quote:
Actually, the logos are inside the faceplates, not stickers.

Of course the logos are inside the shells. I was wrong, but it looks like something around the logos.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #165 of 253
That pic is taken by David right after the production. I don't have any idea what sticks around the logo... seems like a plastic protector to keep the faceplates from scratches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back