[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #226 of 911
  i am using the stockvelor, and some foam stuffing under the pads in the places where it sits behind the ears.
and taped up half the upper vents from outside the cups...thats all.
biggrin.gif

I was wondering if you tape up the vent, it must sound more close in, the sound stage must be smaller and that's not good for classical

Are this or theHD668 better?

HD668 is slightly better at detail and soundstage but it sound much more boring, the EVO is much more enjoyable.

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #227 of 911
I used plain scotchtape initially...but the windowfoamtape seem to be airier..
And yet add some bass weight...hmmm...liked it at first listen.
Ya..n taping the tophalf is like adding a concert ceiling..vs playing in the openfields of vienna...
LoL...i m just talking rubbish. Giv it a try...n see how u like it.

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #228 of 911
Hey there,
I am very interested in aquiring a pair of superluxs as they get so many great reviews and are cheap.
I am thinking of ordering from thoman but I have no experience with them. I would like to know if anyone here has bought them from thomann: Did everything go smoothlly? I there any risk of getting a counterfeit good? The store seems to have good reputation but since I am ordering online I would like to know what you guys think first.
thanks in advance.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #229 of 911
Thomann is the best shop for music stuff, that i know of. No problems, extremely fast shipping....and if you don't like the products you ordered, you can send them back after testing them, without argueing, problems or whatsoever and you get your money back.

My full recommendation ;D

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #231 of 911
So I bought a pair of srh840 earpads after seeing the review that prod posted, and I can't get them to fit! How the hell did you guys even get the srh940s to fit on these?

EDIT: Finally got it, with the power of tape holding the other side while I stretch it.

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #232 of 911
hows the sound with the 840pads?

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #234 of 911
I have just done my measurement rig and measure my Evo:

From the stock EVO

My modded EVO become this, it's extremely flat, i can easily lower treble to make it even flater but i prefer it to have some sparkle and it sounds damn good with my modded O2  
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #238 of 911
Hey are there any mods indisposable to these headphones?

I read some pages and read one about recabling because stock cables are terrible. 
I am a complete noob, is this a delicate procedure or simply connecting a different cable?

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #239 of 911
I wouldn't bother recabling the headphones unless your really serious about these headphones, chances are it'll cost more to recable your headphones straight from the can then the actual cans itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back