[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #857 of 911
Is there anyone who explains to me how to run and what is the mod to improve hd681 evo?

I found how to mod hd681 evo at diyaudioheaven but I did a different way :
1. Change pads with velour
2. Change cover pads with facial tissue
3. Cover 2 middle holes (top and bottom) of accoustic damper with sellotape.
But still not impressive, maybe I would have to use d. I. Y extension cable

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #859 of 911
thanks, however great sound of the EVO, I have not even done 1 hour of burn in and it already sounds good.

I love the sound of my EVO. I feel no need to mod it. I might try the extra pads someday.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #860 of 911
Yes, in fact, the sound is already perfect with leather pads, I'm afraid that by making changes I do not like sound anymore.
change with felt and plug holes should you use velvet pads? because?

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #861 of 911
Yes, in fact, the sound is already perfect with leather pads, I'm afraid that by making changes I do not like sound anymore.
change with felt and plug holes should you use velvet pads? because?

I will keep mine as it is.. No need for me to change anything.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #863 of 911
I only have used the one that was on it when it arrived. I have not yet tried the velour ones. Those are said to lessen the bass and I find the bass to be how I like it.

If you are comfortable removing the pads and trying the others then try it if you want. I hate changing pads. My fingers are clumsy.

I would just get used to the ones that are on it now first or you might not know for sure what sound difference it makes. Just enjoy your music now and don't worry:)

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #869 of 911
I say it without going around, the 681 evo sounds much better than my sennheiser hd 598

Wow..I have not tried to compare but I do use the 598 with a good amp. Now you have me curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back