Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Jun 13, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #887 of 2,566
Quote:
I hope, one day, my ear canals can be large enough to contain SE5 Way.

what happened to your NT6 PRO. you should get it by now right?

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #888 of 2,566
Jun 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #889 of 2,566
Jazzy, how do you find the TP + Quickstep pairing and how do you use Quickstep? With rechargeable batteries or powerpack?

I am about to get Quickstep but using it is not same as other amps, recharging system is different or you have to carry some extra stuff with you which I found not nice. Apart from it is not rechargeable like the way any other amp, it seems like a perfect device.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #890 of 2,566
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #891 of 2,566
I like it a lot. Quickstep can drive SE5 better than any amp I have thanks to it's +9V to -9V rail to rail voltage. It's just what SE5 needs.
I bought 2 rechargeable lithium 9V battery. You can get plenty of those in ebay for less than €20. For now, I've been using the panasonic evolta alkaline battery for more than 10 hours and it's still going strong. 
Quote:
Jazzy, how do you find the TP + Quickstep pairing and how do you use Quickstep? With rechargeable batteries or powerpack?

I am about to get Quickstep but using it is not same as other amps, recharging system is different or you have to carry some extra stuff with you which I found not nice. Apart from it is not rechargeable like the way any other amp, it seems like a perfect device.

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #892 of 2,566
Yeah, but for the price I paid I don't mind couple of bubbles as longs as the sound quality is not affected by it.
Quote:
I saw that...it is very nicely priced...but IMO seems lower quality. Many bubbles while there are none in my SE5.

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #893 of 2,566
Quote:
I like it a lot. Quickstep can drive SE5 better than any amp I have thanks to it's +9V to -9V rail to rail voltage. It's just what SE5 needs.
I bought 2 rechargeable lithium 9V battery. You can get plenty of those in ebay for less than €20. For now, I've been using the panasonic evolta alkaline battery for more than 10 hours and it's still going strong. 

I trust your impressions, you are someone with a nice taste. Maybe I should order Quickstep before the sale ends and get some rechargeable batteries with charger of course 
confused_face(1).gif
 It will just postpone my SE5 Way Reference order btw, I am putting money aside for that one but while there is a discount I don't want to lose it either. I must say I hear nothing but perfect things about Quickstep so I really feel like giving it a try.

Man, this hobby is becoming more and more expensive for a student like me. If I didn't have to repeat one of my first semester exam at late summer, I would find a summer job actually, it would help darn good.

Btw, do you think I can find these batteries and charger on amazon.de or any amazon europe website? (I don't use paypal since I had problems with them before and I stopped using it, don't think I will ever use it again) I feel like even in local shops these things must be easy to find but still wanted to ask an European headfier. Please consider my condition, I am in Belgium but I speak only English, I am a student in here so French and Dutch is pretty much zero apart from several basic day to day words. So going to local shops and asking what I need can be a bit tricky in here.

Also, sorry for ruining the thread a little bit but hey, since I will be using them with 5 way (hoping my ears are big enough) I think you guys can forgive me 
happy_face1.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #894 of 2,566
You can also get it from conrad.be. They have a nice lithium battery from their own brand. http://www.conrad.be/ce/nl/product/251292/Conrad-energy-LiIon-9-V-blokbatterij-500-mAh-72-V-HR6F22-HR9V-HR22-6LR61-6LR21-6AM6-6LP3146-MN1604-A1604-E-Blo

SE5 is getting more and more expensive every year so I suggest to get it as soon as possible.
Quote:
I trust your impressions, you are someone with a nice taste. Maybe I should order Quickstep before the sale ends and get some rechargeable batteries with charger of course 
confused_face(1).gif
 It will just postpone my SE5 Way Reference order btw, I am putting money aside for that one but while there is a discount I don't want to lose it either. I must say I hear nothing but perfect things about Quickstep so I really feel like giving it a try.

Man, this hobby is becoming more and more expensive for a student like me. If I didn't have to repeat one of my first semester exam at late summer, I would find a summer job actually, it would help darn good.

Btw, do you think I can find these batteries and charger on amazon.de or any amazon europe website? (I don't use paypal since I had problems with them before and I stopped using it, don't think I will ever use it again) I feel like even in local shops these things must be easy to find but still wanted to ask an European headfier. Please consider my condition, I am in Belgium but I speak only English, I am a student in here so French and Dutch is pretty much zero apart from several basic day to day words. So going to local shops and asking what I need can be a bit tricky in here.

Also, sorry for ruining the thread a little bit but hey, since I will be using them with 5 way (hoping my ears are big enough) I think you guys can forgive me 
happy_face1.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #895 of 2,566
Quote:
You can also get it from conrad.be. They have a nice lithium battery from their own brand. http://www.conrad.be/ce/nl/product/251292/Conrad-energy-LiIon-9-V-blokbatterij-500-mAh-72-V-HR6F22-HR9V-HR22-6LR61-6LR21-6AM6-6LP3146-MN1604-A1604-E-Blo

SE5 is getting more and more expensive every year so I suggest to get it as soon as possible.

Well you give me a link to work with Quickstep and also telling me to buy SE5 asap because it is getting more expensive every year 
biggrin.gif
 I think I will keep myself for SE5 way and the things I will build around it will come later. First, the biggest part of the game should come, then I can put things one by one around it I guess. I will also save the link you sent for future, who knows maybe I will not be able to wait and pull the trigger for them. I also need a charger for their batteries too btw 
happy_face1.gif
 Thank you for the help Jazzyfi, much appreciated.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #896 of 2,566
You can always get amps in classified. I usually don't buy new stuff unless it's on sale, like the quickstep. So you better browse classified often :wink:.
I'm very curious about the new Custom Art IEM. I'll get mine in July, hopefully it will sound at least as good as my Miracle. I'm having high hopes for silicon IEM after being spoiled by SE5 comfort and isolation.

Well you give me a link to work with Quickstep and also telling me to buy SE5 asap because it is getting more expensive every year 
biggrin.gif

I think I will keep myself for SE5 way and the things I will build around it will come later. First, the biggest part of the game should come, then I can put things one by one around it I guess. I will also save the link you sent for future, who knows maybe I will not be able to wait and pull the trigger for them. I also need a charger for their batteries too btw 
happy_face1.gif

Thank you for the help Jazzyfi, much appreciated.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #897 of 2,566
Quote:
You can always get amps in classified. I usually don't buy new stuff unless it's on sale, like the quickstep. So you better browse classified often
wink.gif
I'm very curious about the new Custom Art IEM. I'll get mine in July, hopefully it will sound at least as good as my Miracle. I'm having high hopes for silicon IEM after being spoiled by SE5 comfort and isolation.

Well, good luck on your journey then, you can try new things, I didn't even setup my main tools yet 
happy_face1.gif
 Eventually I will buy an amp, I was thinking while they were on nice sale maybe I should take it but it will postpone my SE5 way that's why I am a little bit confused. Anyway thank you for all the help, if I need further help about purchasing things online like batteries, chargers, I will bother you again, hope you can forgive me 
etysmile.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #898 of 2,566
You can always get amps in classified. I usually don't buy new stuff unless it's on sale, like the quickstep. So you better browse classified often :wink:.
are you getting the 330? eager to hear you thoughts...could they best the Miracles at half the price.

I am looking for a new silver cable for my se5. I will certainly go with UM as they do it in one week and accept to put longer pins, suitable for the se5.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #899 of 2,566
Quote:
are you getting the 330? eager to hear you thoughts...could they best the Miracles at half the price.

I am looking for a new silver cable for my se5. I will certainly go with UM as they do it in one week and accept to put longer pins, suitable for the se5.

Is it easy to find aftermarket cables for SE5 way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back