Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Jun 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #961 of 2,566
Either that or just measure the actual metal pins of the original cable and have the manufacturer match those measurements. 
wink_face.gif
That is what I did the first time...

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #963 of 2,566
Quote:

Hmm so the pins aren't the same length of your original cable then? Seems they screwed up then. If you gave them the correct measurement I'd be upset with them at this point....
mad.gif

They will fix it in less than a week I am sure...Stephen at UM always gives great service. I have sent pictures with measurements for clarification.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #966 of 2,566
Quote:
I have to hand it to Stephen Guo for the Service, my new cable has been sent, it took them only a day to make a new one, not even waiting to receive the old one. Great great service. Now crossing my fingers it will fit the SE5.

That is good to know. Looks like the own up to a situation which is very good customer support. I may have to pick up a cable from when when I do order my own pair :).

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #968 of 2,566
Joe, I read the all thread, every single post in here.

I thought about it so much and then I found I really don't want that much bass centric ciem. I always liked analytical sounds. Somewhere around in the middle of the thread you mentioned people who likes HD800, Tesla 1 etc, probably won't be happy with SE 5 way. That made me consider my decision again and calmly think what do I want actually.

So as I said, I am more on the side of HD800 sound character instead of LCD2/3. Thinking about I am in love with HD800 sound signature, what kind of ciems would you suggest? I think NT6 would fit perfectly and probably NT6 pro can do the trick too (a bit of musicality shouldn't hurt).

I will carefully search all of your suggestions (I actually would like to you suggest things you only heard other reviews about it but not necessarly you own them, for example Westone ES5, you don't have them but you helped me quite nicely before when I asked your opinion).

Additionally, I have a special question about that newest SE 3 way pro. As the manufacturer claimed, it is more or less on the same level of SE5way but instead of being dark it is on the bright side with analytical capabilities. Did you contact with Grzegorz about that unit? I know Tupac had it but his unit was defected so I, unfortunately don't count on it. However I can't find anything about it on internet so I am not sure should I take the risk and order or stay safe on your suggestions.

I would also appreciate help from other users too. Suggest a high end ciem to someone who likes HD800 sound charecteristic and signature.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #969 of 2,566
Quote:
Joe, I read the all thread, every single post in here.

I thought about it so much and then I found I really don't want that much bass centric ciem. I always liked analytical sounds. Somewhere around in the middle of the thread you mentioned people who likes HD800, Tesla 1 etc, probably won't be happy with SE 5 way. That made me consider my decision again and calmly think what do I want actually.

So as I said, I am more on the side of HD800 sound character instead of LCD2/3. Thinking about I am in love with HD800 sound signature, what kind of ciems would you suggest? I think NT6 would fit perfectly and probably NT6 pro can do the trick too (a bit of musicality shouldn't hurt).

I will carefully search all of your suggestions (I actually would like to you suggest things you only heard other reviews about it but not necessarly you own them, for example Westone ES5, you don't have them but you helped me quite nicely before when I asked your opinion).

Additionally, I have a special question about that newest SE 3 way pro. As the manufacturer claimed, it is more or less on the same level of SE5way but instead of being dark it is on the bright side with analytical capabilities. Did you contact with Grzegorz about that unit? I know Tupac had it but his unit was defected so I, unfortunately don't count on it. However I can't find anything about it on internet so I am not sure should I take the risk and order or stay safe on your suggestions.

I would also appreciate help from other users too. Suggest a high end ciem to someone who likes HD800 sound charecteristic and signature.

Yes :wink: NT6 fits the bill. And 1+2 would probably fit it even better if you love HD800. 1+2 is tuned to sound like like a well driven HD800, maybe even better.

I think My SE 3 way pro wasn't defective. I just couldn't accept the sound since it sounded so differently from my original SE5. but it didn't sound like a faulty earphone, it just sounded far from what I expected, that's all. 

If you prefer HD800 over LCD 2/3, then you are right, spiral ears products might not be what you looking for, at least not SE5 or SE3.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #970 of 2,566
Quote:
Yes :wink: NT6 fits the bill. And 1+2 would probably fit it even better if you love HD800. 1+2 is tuned to sound like like a well driven HD800, maybe even better.

I think My SE 3 way pro wasn't defective. I just couldn't accept the sound since it sounded so differently from my original SE5. but it didn't sound like a faulty earphone, it just sounded far from what I expected, that's all. 

If you prefer HD800 over LCD 2/3, then you are right, spiral ears products might not be what you looking for, at least not SE5 or SE3.

Thanks Tupac. What Grzegorz wrote on SE website made me think about SE3way pro can be the solution since he says it is on par with pinnacle SE5way but instead of being bass strong monster it is bright and analytical ciem.

I also discussed 1+2 with many persons including you. Due to low isolation and possible fit issues (believe or not I could never get a perfect seal with universals) I have to skip it even though I am darn interested.

NT6 and NT6 pro are on my list that's for sure and if I have to choose between them I think a little bit of musicality and ultimate clarity would win so I would go for Pro version. I would still love to get more suggestions and choose one of them. I am so close to my first high end ciems so I wan't to be accurate on my decision.

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #971 of 2,566
I don't agree with SE5 being bass heavy. It has a great bass extension, that doesn't make it bass heavy. It react wonderfully with the music you are playing, the bass is there when you need it. It's very neutral, but on the warm side (silicon is warmer than acrylic).
Btw, SE5 is a great monitor, I use it all the time on stage and when I do my amateur mixing. It is as analytical/revealing as it can get. Bad recordings will sound bad and good one will sound good. It's also very very responsive to your source. Give it enough power and you are in for a treat.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #972 of 2,566
Quote:
Thanks Tupac. What Grzegorz wrote on SE website made me think about SE3way pro can be the solution since he says it is on par with pinnacle SE5way but instead of being bass strong monster it is bright and analytical ciem.

I also discussed 1+2 with many persons including you. Due to low isolation and possible fit issues (believe or not I could never get a perfect seal with universals) I have to skip it even though I am darn interested.

NT6 and NT6 pro are on my list that's for sure and if I have to choose between them I think a little bit of musicality and ultimate clarity would win so I would go for Pro version. I would still love to get more suggestions and choose one of them. I am so close to my first high end ciems so I wan't to be accurate on my decision.

lol AmberozL you're honestly more likely to have fit issues with a CIEM :wink:. You have the concept backwards.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #973 of 2,566
Quote:

lol AmberozL you're honestly more likely to have fit issues with a CIEM :wink:. You have the concept backwards.

Well even if ciems are not the best option for me I have to stick with me over ear monsters then but that's not very portable as you can guess. Also during the hot weather it really makes my hair/ear wet and not very comfortable I should say. I mean my cans are comfortable but wearing them on my head during a hot day is not. I think you can imagine a little bit.

Anyway, we will see because I am about to order one. I will share my impressions both in Multi Ciem thread and the ciem's own thread. However due to fact that I am now on holiday and ciems are not very easy to build, I will probably get them around the end of summer.

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #974 of 2,566
Quote:
Well even if ciems are not the best option for me I have to stick with me over ear monsters then but that's not very portable as you can guess. Also during the hot weather it really makes my hair/ear wet and not very comfortable I should say. I mean my cans are comfortable but wearing them on my head during a hot day is not. I think you can imagine a little bit.

Anyway, we will see because I am about to order one. I will share my impressions both in Multi Ciem thread and the ciem's own thread. However due to fact that I am now on holiday and ciems are not very easy to build, I will probably get them around the end of summer.

Well AmberOzL I'm saying don't necessarily root out universal IEMs. They have their own advantages in terms of versatility (many many tips options available to achieve a seal and desired sound) as well as resale value. To say that Custom IEMs offer a guaranteed better fit than universals is simply not true and to the contrary. You are much more likely to have fit issues on a CIEM than a universal. This is coming from someone who owns both universals and and a CIEM (had more than 1). I've also had full size headphones

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #975 of 2,566
Quote:
Well AmberOzL I'm saying don't necessarily root out universal IEMs. They have their own advantages in terms of versatility (many many tips options available to achieve a seal and desired sound) as well as resale value. To say that Custom IEMs offer a guaranteed better fit than universals is simply not true and to the contrary. You are much more likely to have fit issues on a CIEM than a universal. This is coming from someone who owns both universals and and a CIEM (had more than 1). I've also had full size headphones

I am not going to spend more money on universals cuz they could never make me happy. Maybe in future but not now that's for sure. So the ciems are only option for me at this moment. I heard silicone is more forgiving on ''strange' shaped ear canals I hope this fact will also help (Fed up with this endless search, going to order SE5way if my ears are big enough and it will be done).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back