Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Jul 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #976 of 2,566
Or you can try the Pro330. It cost only €350 for now. It'll give you an idea about silicon sound properties. I'm still waiting for mine to come. I hope it can be the bang for the buck.

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #977 of 2,566
Quote:
I am not going to spend more money on universals cuz they could never make me happy. Maybe in future but not now that's for sure. So the ciems are only option for me at this moment. I heard silicone is more forgiving on ''strange' shaped ear canals I hope this fact will also help (Fed up with this endless search, going to order SE5way if my ears are big enough and it will be done).

Man never invite me to the restaurant...I would starve by the time you decide what you want to eat
wink_face.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #979 of 2,566
Quote:
Man never invite me to the restaurant...I would starve by the time you decide what you want to eat
wink_face.gif

LOL!  Well put, Mimouille!

AmberOzL - why not just order the potato chips? They look good. Very consistent, and plenty of flavours to choose from! 
size]
     (Potato chips would be the equivalent of Universal IEMs, of course...)

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #980 of 2,566
Quote:

AmberOzL - why not just order the potato chips? They look good. Very consistent, and plenty of flavours to choose from! 
size]

French got jokes 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #981 of 2,566
Quote:

size]

I could never get a nice seal and comfort with universal before so I don't trust on them anymore. I feel like this curse will follow me all the time. Unfortunately I can't go that way, otherwise I would ordered 1+2. As I said before, maybe in future I can give it another try but not now.

Jul 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #982 of 2,566
Quote:
I could never get a nice seal and comfort with universal before so I don't trust on them anymore. I feel like this curse will follow me all the time. Unfortunately I can't go that way, otherwise I would ordered 1+2. As I said before, maybe in future I can give it another try but not now.

I understand. I'm a CIEM-er myself.

I think you've been wise to think very carefully before choosing a CIEM, but if I were you, I'd now take a step back and forget about it for a few weeks. Completely ignore the topic. When one first enters the world of CIEMs, it can be like a game of leap-frog; you find a review that says such-&-such CIEM is the best since sliced bread, and you get all enthusiastic that it's the best one for you, then you see another review that says this CIEM is the best thing since sliced bread with jam and cream on top, and it seems like the best choice for you, etc. etc.  And in the end, you just end up in a whirlwind of confusing options, losing sight of your original priorities, and becoming disheartened.

At the moment, you're trying to do all of this deciding by using your conscious mind, and the conscious mind is easily overwhelmed.

If you stop trying to think consciously about it, you'll be surprised what your subconscious mind will do to figure things out. Things will begin to snap into focus and your priorities will become much clearer.

Then, with clearer priorities, you will be able to re-enter the topic and make a wiser choice based upon the closest fit between your priorities and the sound character of each of the available CIEMs.

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #983 of 2,566
Quote:

I understand. I'm a CIEM-er myself.

I think you've been wise to think very carefully before choosing a CIEM, but if I were you, I'd now take a step back and forget about it for a few weeks. Completely ignore the topic. When one first enters the world of CIEMs, it can be like a game of leap-frog; you find a review that says such-&-such CIEM is the best since sliced bread, and you get all enthusiastic that it's the best one for you, then you see another review that says this CIEM is the best thing since sliced bread with jam and cream on top, and it seems like the best choice for you, etc. etc.  And in the end, you just end up in a whirlwind of confusing options, losing sight of your original priorities, and becoming disheartened.

At the moment, you're trying to do all of this deciding by using your conscious mind, and the conscious mind is easily overwhelmed.

If you stop trying to think consciously about it, you'll be surprised what your subconscious mind will do to figure things out. Things will begin to snap into focus and your priorities will become much clearer.

Then, with clearer priorities, you will be able to re-enter the topic and make a wiser choice based upon the closest fit between your priorities and the sound character of each of the available CIEMs.

Thanks man. I think you understood the confusion I am having for the moment 
happy_face1.gif
 That's fine, this excitement is a part of the game too. I AJ helped me a lot and provided nice links to read. Now all I have to do step back and decide what is good for me and what is not. In the meantime I am enjoying my holiday anyway 
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #984 of 2,566
Quote:
Thanks man. I think you understood the confusion I am having for the moment 
happy_face1.gif
 That's fine, this excitement is a part of the game too. I AJ helped me a lot and provided nice links to read. Now all I have to do step back and decide what is good for me and what is not. In the meantime I am enjoying my holiday anyway 
wink.gif

Sometimes it's even better than the actual CIEM. ;P

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #985 of 2,566
Quote:

Ha I'm sure you've been following my issues over on the ciem thread and cosmics.  There's no guarantee for customs either as I can well testify!  Stick with over ears that way you'll be fine :) :p

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #986 of 2,566
Oh, at restaurants I go fast don't worry, it is way much easier then deciding 1k€ ciems 
biggrin.gif

Actually after all these help you did, it could be a good idea 
tongue.gif

Do you have any plan coming to here?

It is not different for me as I only eat in 1k€ restaurants.
Well I will be back in France for Christmas, not so far...

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #987 of 2,566
Quote:
It is not different for me as I only eat in 1k€ restaurants.
Well I will be back in France for Christmas, not so far...

Wow, you talk expensive man I can't afford it don't forget I am still a master student 
wink.gif
 Yeah France is very close, I wish I could do something for you since you are a great help for me anytime I need an advice and suggestions.

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #989 of 2,566
Wow, you talk expensive man I can't afford it don't forget I am still a master student 
wink.gif

Yeah France is very close, I wish I could do something for you since you are a great help for me anytime I need an advice and suggestions.
I do not want anything don t worry. Maybe in ten years if you are rich :wink:

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #990 of 2,566
Quote:
Sometimes it's even better than the actual CIEM. ;P

lol 
biggrin.gif

Mim and Tupac,

Do you think that custom-like universal would be a safe choice for me with a help of tip rolling? No audiologist, no sending impresions over seas, no refits etc etc. Seems nice but I am afraid it would end up like the other universal iem stories. With correct tips maybe I can get a nice isolation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back