Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #1,516 of 2,566
  Depending on how good the upcoming roxannes and kaiser 10's will be, I just might. 
tongue.gif

K10 seems to be an excellent product. I wish I had more money 
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #1,517 of 2,566

K10 seems to be an excellent product. I wish I had more money 
wink.gif

I really really want to get both the k10s and the roxannes so I can compare them to my nt6 pros before I sell anything, and then decide which one I like best, but I can't seem to find my lottery money anywhere. I have a feeling the k10s wont be able to match the transparency and detailing of the nt6 pros though. The adjustable bass on the roxannes sounds utterly irresistible, though the bass is excellent on the nt6 pros, at times when I'm jamming to my edm I wish there was more bass.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #1,518 of 2,566
I will sell you my NT6 for $100 ;P

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #1,519 of 2,566
I really really want to get both the k10s and the roxannes so I can compare them to my nt6 pros before I sell anything, and then decide which one I like best, but I can't seem to find my lottery money anywhere. I have a feeling the k10s wont be able to match the transparency and detailing of the nt6 pros though. The adjustable bass on the roxannes sounds utterly irresistible, though the bass is excellent on the nt6 pros, at times when I'm jamming to my edm I wish there was more bass.
NT6 pro are supposed to be already bass boosted and you want more?
Honestly, let us not get too excited on the newcomers..your NT6 will not easily be outperformed. The hype is max now but let us see what happens in a few months. The 8a was praised by many a while ago and then I suddenly saw those same people putting them for sale. The only 2 people I know who owned both 8a and se5 say the Heir ciem is one category below. So I highly doubt the K10 blows the NT6 out of the water.

The Roxanne I put more faith in it after the many positive returns on the JH13fp.

Tupac, it's a deal. I'll pay for transport.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,520 of 2,566
NT6 pro are supposed to be already bass boosted and you want more?
Honestly, let us not get too excited on the newcomers..your NT6 will not easily be outperformed. The hype is max now but let us see what happens in a few months. The 8a was praised by many a while ago and then I suddenly saw those same people putting them for sale. The only 2 people I know who owned both 8a and se5 say the Heir ciem is one category below. So I highly doubt the K10 blows the NT6 out of the water.

The Roxanne I put more faith in it after the many positive returns on the JH13fp.

Tupac, it's a deal. I'll pay for transport.

I have a suboptimal fit with my nt6 pros right now (seal is not very tight). So the lack of bass is almost definitely due to this, still haven't had time to send out my new impressions yet. You are right though, I should wait for the impressions to roll in and the hype train to die down. First impressions from people are often "omg this is the best thing ever" sort of thing.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,521 of 2,566
It will be sometime before the hype dies down, especially with the new Noble K10. We all know how much there was in the Heir threads... (good times)

I'm with Michael on this one, I'm more interested in the Rox because JH has proven to be able to hang with the big dogs. Heir on the other hand quickly diminished once some experienced ears started providing feedback. But, I should be able to hear some of the Noble offerings at the up-and-coming San Diego meet, so will hold off judgement till then. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #1,522 of 2,566
I have a suboptimal fit with my nt6 pros right now (seal is not very tight). So the lack of bass is almost definitely due to this, still haven't had time to send out my new impressions yet. You are right though, I should wait for the impressions to roll in and the hype train to die down. First impressions from people are often "omg this is the best thing ever" sort of thing.

Why not send them back for a refit? Are you sure it is due to fit? Are you able to achieve more bass by holding them in place? I've never had seal issues with any of my CIEMs. Usually excessive if anything lol.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,523 of 2,566
Why not send them back for a refit? Are you sure it is due to fit? Are you able to achieve more bass by holding them in place? I've never had seal issues with any of my CIEMs. Usually excessive if anything lol.

Absolutely positive it is due to fit, If I even tilt my head upwards the bass and lower mids become even more sucked out. And the bass becomes fuller and extends deeper when I hold them in. So I know I haven't even heard them at their best.

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #1,524 of 2,566
Absolutely positive it is due to fit, If I even tilt my head upwards the bass and lower mids become even more sucked out. And the bass becomes fuller and extends deeper when I hold them in. So I know I haven't even heard them at their best.

Maybe you might want to consider silicone canal part option from Hidition? They still do it, although it is not the first choice because they changed their technician and new one does way much better than the old one apparently.

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #1,525 of 2,566

Maybe you might want to consider silicone canal part option from Hidition? They still do it, although it is not the first choice because they changed their technician and new one does way much better than the old one apparently.

I asked them recently they said they do not provide that anymore.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,528 of 2,566
  Really enjoying rap, r&b and hip-hop on the SE5s :wink:.

For shizzle my nizzle - Snoop Lion (or Dogg if you prefer his old name)

Apart from the joke, I do also enjoy rap with it A LOT. I don't listen to rap much, some well known people that's all (Eminem, 2Pac, Snoop and I think that's all) but I have gotta say SE5way creates a new world with that kind of music.

What is catching me every time I put some rock n roll or metal, thinking I would only listen an album or two, then I remember how the time passes after 5th or 6th album (It happens a lot with Def Leppard, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath). Such non-fatiguing sound, smooth-airy treble and excellent details all over the spectrum. I might not buy any other ciem for looooong years man. I need a better dap though
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back