[REVIEW] Sony MW1 - Smart Wireless Headset pro
Jun 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #137 of 183
Sorry for the slight off topic but I need help finding the serial number for my MW1.  It was stolen and I need to file a report for insurance and while I have the still have the box it's not clear which number is the serial number.  Everything other 'how to find your serial number of a sony product' article on the web says that it is the one of the bar code numbers but when I try to talk to a sony support rep about, he says that the number don't match up and that I need to look elsewhere on the box.

So that's my story.  Without the MW1 in my hands I can't really figure out if I have a serial number or not so can anybody who has an MW1 and still has the box help me identify what the serial number is on the box?

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #138 of 183
The serial number is underneath the clip of MW1, as far as I know. I never have the box so I can't really tell you where it is on it. But it is a string of 15 numbers+alphabet, starting with (what I believe is) the date of manufacturing, i.e: 120707CC1010CXX (XX is two numbers, and it is made in July, 7th. 2012)

Hope this helps.

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #139 of 183
Quote:
The serial number is underneath the clip of MW1, as far as I know. I never have the box so I can't really tell you where it is on it. But it is a string of 15 numbers+alphabet, starting with (what I believe is) the date of manufacturing, i.e: 120707CC1010CXX (XX is two numbers, and it is made in July, 7th. 2012)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately as far as I can tell the only numbers that I have are on a white sticker on the bottom.  It's has the model number, the FCC/CE numbers etc. but there's no serial number like the one you are describing.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #140 of 183
I was looking for a stereo bluetooth headset and I wasn't satisfying with their design but this Sony MW1 is somehow more interesting than the others, I read all of your posts here and also the posts in sonymobile forum and find out there is a few problems with the MW1 firmware, I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro and a HP Probook 4520 (win 7) laptop, I need a headset mostly to use apps on my mobile such as Viber , Skype, oovoo, LINE .... and also using it for softwares on my laptop such as Skype, yahoo messenger and also listen to music with my laptop. I want to know if the problems with the firmware is still exist as the last post here for firmware belongs to 2 weeks ago and if this product can answer my demands that I mentioned above.

I will be very thankful for your replies.

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #141 of 183
Quote:
Unfortunately as far as I can tell the only numbers that I have are on a white sticker on the bottom.  It's has the model number, the FCC/CE numbers etc. but there's no serial number like the one you are describing.

I've been in contact store that sold me the mw1 and they've told me which number is the serial number.  On the sticker there is a 'BDA' number and the same number is inside the box on the bottom flap (with another barcode) and that is apparently it.  Just to be doubly sure could anybody else confirm that they're BDA number is the serial number on their mw1?

Thanks again 

Jul 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #143 of 183
Quote:
I was looking for a stereo bluetooth headset and I wasn't satisfying with their design but this Sony MW1 is somehow more interesting than the others, I read all of your posts here and also the posts in sonymobile forum and find out there is a few problems with the MW1 firmware, I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro and a HP Probook 4520 (win 7) laptop, I need a headset mostly to use apps on my mobile such as Viber , Skype, oovoo, LINE .... and also using it for softwares on my laptop such as Skype, yahoo messenger and also listen to music with my laptop. I want to know if the problems with the firmware is still exist as the last post here for firmware belongs to 2 weeks ago and if this product can answer my demands that I mentioned above.

I will be very thankful for your replies.

I just bought one MW1, it came with the "B" firmware. Upgraded to the current one almost immediately, and so far I have no problems with it.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #144 of 183
Hi, apologies if this has been addressed already but a quick skim and keyword search of this thread drew a blank...

Qn: Is it possible to switch off the bluetooth transmitter/radio when not using it? i.e. if listening to FM or the internal micro SD for a prolonged period of time, to save battery. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #145 of 183
Quote:
Qn: Is it possible to switch off the bluetooth transmitter/radio when not using it? i.e. if listening to FM or the internal micro SD for a prolonged period of time, to save battery. 

Just don't connect your cellphone to it and the bluetooth portion of MW1 will be in idle / power save mode. Unless something is actively connected to the bluetooth device, they will stay in passive mode and generally use very little power.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #146 of 183
I wanted to chime in.  I have a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds and switched over to the MW1 out of curiosity more than anything.  For reference, I have an Triple.fi, RS180 and an Denon AH-D2000 for my main use.  In any event, I haven't even looked at the Bluebuds since I've gotten these.  SQ is superb.  If I could categorize a Triple.fi as a 10, I'd say these are perhaps an 8.5.  With the included earphones I don't mind tossing them around.  With the Triplefi I feel like I have to be delicate with them.  I bought the MW1 with the intention of using the Triple.fi out of them and honestly, I haven't bothered.  I have them clipped to my baseball cap when I'm doing P90X or out running.  Just pop them in, turn on my music on my phone and off I go.  When I'm working out, I don't need the perfect listening environment.  I just need them to be good.  These are more than good, they're great.  I got them off ebay for $80 bucks (on sale) for the Lite version without the SD card.  Couldn't be happier.

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #147 of 183
dear please confirm me

Sony MW1 is compatible with samsung tab2 (p310) model

1. pl pl pl confirm,
    beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #149 of 183
I'm sorry for necroing an old post, but hey...I necroed even my user name, as I've not logged into this site for a while!

Anyways, I just picked up this lovely headset, especially since I noticed it had a card reader built in, which is great for when I go to the gym...I was originally planning on just using my old phone to play music, but heck...why not just get this badboy and ditch the phone altogether!

Anyways, I'm using this with a Nexus 5, and I WAS really happy with it, until I realized I don't see a way to have the main action button fire up google now.  This means I can't place a call or send a text without taking my phone out of my pocket!  This really sucks, especially considering both my old sony mw600 and my still working but obviously on it's last legs samsung HS3000 can do this very easily by just using an app that changes the default application fired up by the bluetooth action buttons.

This app though, does nothing with this headset!  I even tried removing all of the Sony smart applications from my phone...pressing the action button still does...NOTHING

Has anyone found a way for the action button to fire up google now?  It's hilarous to me that a headset as expensive as this is, doesn't do what almost every other headset can do.

I want to like it, I'm really happy with the sound quality (especially since it doesn't have the stupid EQ button like the Samsung HS3000 does...I mean, I have an EQ on my phone, if I ever want to use one thank you very much!) but that big useless button just needs to have some usability with google now, somehow!

If you know of a way to make this work, I would appreciate it.  It is worth mentioning, that with other headsets, this has not been an issue, I just set the bluetooth launch app from the play store to fire up google search, and voila..it works!  With this headset, the action button only seems to be viable to answer a call, or to hangup a call.

In other words, useless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back