[REVIEW] Sony MW1 - Smart Wireless Headset pro
Apr 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #121 of 183
I don't think there is a universal BT driver in Android. Different headset uses different BT controller and as far as I know,individual driver come from different chipset manufacturer and can be quite different in quality. I have had problem with my Lenova android tablet before and that's the info I dug up back then. Guess that's can be said as an android thing...

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #122 of 183
I Tried reverting back using SUS, results still the same, sound have a sec delay when playing games.

I also have MW600, when using it on Xperia Arc with 4.0.4 there's no problem, but when i use it on Xperia SL or Xperia Ion both 4.0.4, there's also a delay, then i thought that it could be the bluetooth core version, MW600 have 2.1 while Xperia SL have 3.0, so when i look at MW1 it has Bluetooth core 3.0, and i thought that it might fix the problem, but no avail.

Only when streaming games, Calls, Music and Playing video's are fine though.

I think it is an android thing?

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #123 of 183
Quote:
Do you actually prefer the One's hp-out to the MW1? I haven't read a lot of reviews but I've yet to see anyone comment on the supposed cotton amp even tho it was one of HTC's PR bullet points. Even Anandtech didn't, I think, and their phone reviews are easily the most exhaustive.

I can't comment yet on the MW1 sound quality yet as another poster has as I haven't bought it yet but I must say coming from an iPhone 4, Blackberry Playbook, PS Vita and Sony Vaio Duo (which has a very powerful sound itself) the SQ from the HTC One has been fantastic and for me clearly superior to the other devices mentioned.

I'm using Triplefi !0vi's with Sony tips which deliver a more prominent mid and treble than Complys TF 400's and while I didn't get a chance to EQ the One properly (its gone back to be replaced due to faulty construction) I was hearing a soundstage which took my iphone and dropped on it from a height. Mids and treble were crisp and while the base was lessened due to the Sony tips it remained defined and fluid rather than buried and indistinct. For someone looking for a competent music player/phone combo I've heard none better than the One. HTC's (now former) slogan "Quietly Brilliant" needs to be replaced with something that really shouts regards just how good the One's HP amp is for music lovers.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #124 of 183
Slight digression...  has anyone with the MW1 discovered whether it will support .wav (or perhaps flac) files in addition to .mp3 ? 
Also if so is it possible to navigate the files as pseudo CDs (ie. if stored in directories mimicking a set of CDs by artist, etc.)

Many thanks,

regards,

Kevin

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #125 of 183
Quote:
Slight digression...  has anyone with the MW1 discovered whether it will support .wav (or perhaps flac) files in addition to .mp3 ? 
Also if so is it possible to navigate the files as pseudo CDs (ie. if stored in directories mimicking a set of CDs by artist, etc.)

Many thanks,

regards,

Kevin

Wave and mp3 are the two supported format and you can browse music stocked on MW1 by Album, Artist, Track, as well as playlist (created by Sony MediaGo software).

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #126 of 183
Quote:
I Tried reverting back using SUS, results still the same, sound have a sec delay when playing games.

I also have MW600, when using it on Xperia Arc with 4.0.4 there's no problem, but when i use it on Xperia SL or Xperia Ion both 4.0.4, there's also a delay, then i thought that it could be the bluetooth core version, MW600 have 2.1 while Xperia SL have 3.0, so when i look at MW1 it has Bluetooth core 3.0, and i thought that it might fix the problem, but no avail.

Only when streaming games, Calls, Music and Playing video's are fine though.

I think it is an android thing?

Oh my.. Sony MW1 seem like still stuck in the same situation with the old MW600, their BT are so buggy.
I've thought their BT should work perfectly with their Sony cellphones. Look like I'm wrong.
Wondering what's wrong with Sony Bluetooth division?

Just double checked at Sony discsussion site, Sony team still have no solution to fix the problem yet.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/phones/accessories?view=discussions&start=0#/

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #127 of 183
Quote:
Oh my.. Sony MW1 seem like still stuck in the same situation with the old MW600, their BT are so buggy.
I've thought their BT should work perfectly with their Sony cellphones. Look like I'm wrong.
Wondering what's wrong with Sony Bluetooth division?

Just double checked at Sony discsussion site, Sony team still have no solution to fix the problem yet.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/phones/accessories?view=discussions&start=0#/

Actually I find MW1 works smoother with Sony smarphone than Samsung. Try unpair your MW1, then uninstall the smart headset pro app. restart your smartphone, make sure your smartconnect is up to date, then reinstall smart headset pro app, then pair the MW1 again. Also if you are on E firmware, revert back to D to improve stability.

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #128 of 183
Quote:
Do you actually prefer the One's hp-out to the MW1? I haven't read a lot of reviews but I've yet to see anyone comment on the supposed custom amp even tho it was one of HTC's PR bullet points. Even Anandtech didn't, I think, and their phone reviews are easily the most exhaustive.

Sorry for not replying - Yes, most definitely - especially since the latest firmware update (1.29) - It easily gives my NWZ-Z1060 & Fiio E12 setup a run for its money (and, in some situations arguably beats it!)...

A real plus point, and - something that BT will not be able to beat...  The MW1 that I favoured so much with the iPhone has now been relegated to sitting on the side...

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #129 of 183
Actually I find MW1 works smoother with Sony smarphone than Samsung. Try unpair your MW1, then uninstall the smart headset pro app. restart your smartphone, make sure your smartconnect is up to date, then reinstall smart headset pro app, then pair the MW1 again. Also if you are on E firmware, revert back to D to improve stability.

You might be right about incompatibility. So far i have only encountered problems with Sony BT stereo. My other experience with Moto S705, i.Tech 803 and Samsung HS3000 was ok with most of my Samsung cellphones. Btw, thanks for your tips.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #130 of 183
One thing I did not mentioned previously, the Sony MW1 was not belong to me, and i considered myself lucky already. 
size]

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #131 of 183
Well, for those of us who are still stuck with MW1 happily, a new firmware E (from v0.1.E.1.4 to v0.1.E.1.5) can be found on SUS.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #132 of 183
I don't think E.1.5 solves the stuttering problem either.

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #133 of 183
Quote:

Wave and mp3 are the two supported format and you can browse music stocked on MW1 by Album, Artist, Track, as well as playlist (created by Sony MediaGo software).

Thanks very much for the complete reply.... much appreciated :)

Regards,

Kevin

May 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #134 of 183
This looks like a MW1 stepdown, with extra NFC support but not as good an IEM (MH1-> MH750). No more mp3/wav player and still no aptX as well

SBH50:

1. sbh50-hero-black-1240x840-785f205c1afcc0370b061f05de4d1a6b.png

May 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #135 of 183
To me, it seem like some of the Sony back dated design products  (may be already 2years old) finally see the lights, approved by the management to roll out to market. Well, seriously SRS-BTX300/500, both aptX and NFC enabled bluetooth speaker are the newer design offering and better buy bluetooth products from Sony.

Both of them not as chic as Samsung DA-F60, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back