[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jul 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #2,387 of 3,824
Quote:
Left earbud's volume is depleting, it is about 10 decible lower than right earbud, what can be done?

maybe moisture or something, let it dry for couple of hours or put it in a warm place as what ClieOS said.
or push it to ur ear maybe its just the fit issue of the tip again.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #2,388 of 3,824
guys does anyone know how to open these earphone? want to check its drivers for loose connection.

and no its not the moisture, ive used hair dryer on it for several minutes in short bursts.

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2,389 of 3,824
Last year I bought MH1C from amazon.de but I didn't like sound quality..even after several hours burn in sound was muddy, veiled, too dark, boomy bass etc

I lost MH1C 2 weeks back and I ordered one more MH1C from ebay India with some hope. This one has totally different signature, not muddy and no boomy bass from the begining but sound is little bit bright, I think harsh treble will come down upon burn-in

But how does 2 MH1Cs have different signatures? I am wondering if they can make fake ones that too in this price range

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,390 of 3,824
Any alternative Iem with same or more quantity of sub bass of Mh1c, and is less than $100. ?
my condition :
sub bass > mid bass
good soundstage
smooth treble , sibilant free
warm sound
forward mids
sub woofer like bass (felt more than heard),

Was considering hippo vb , but due to harsh treble dropped the idea. Any suggestions ?

And Why I want an alternative , The dreadful cables and the comfort ,and please don't suggest Xba-30 they got less sub bass than mh1c btw...

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,391 of 3,824
Quote:
Any alternative Iem with same or more quantity of sub bass of Mh1c, and is less than $100. ?
my condition :
sub bass > mid bass
good soundstage
warm sound
forward mids

Was considering hippo vb , but due to harsh treble dropped the idea. Any suggestions ?

And Why I want an alternative , The dreadful cables and the comfort ,and please don't suggest Xba-30 they got less sub bass than mh1c btw...

Completely agreed i don't see the XBA3s as an upgrade to the MH1Cs that many others have suggested as well. "Technical" ability wise the XBAs is an upgrade, but they really don't sound THAT much alike, esp. when you compare their bass emphasis. On that note if you want a total and complete upgrade to the MH1Cs the Zero Audio Bassos are it. It is exactly what your are looking/ asking for, but sadly you to import them from Jpn. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-jvc-phones-pg787-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724-basso-pg601/11970#post_9617130

BUT an even better choice AND you can get these locally in the US are the revised version of the NuForce NE-700. Here is a new thread on them. Dsnuts thinks the NE-700s are vary similar to the Bassos, but the NuForces is even more engaging/ dynamic due to it's slightly better treble.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672193/review-nuforce-the-new-and-improved-ne-700m-ne-650m

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #2,392 of 3,824
Quote:
my condition :
sub bass > mid bass
good soundstage
warm sound
forward mids

Yamaha EPH-100SL is also a good alternative to mh1c

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,393 of 3,824
I want to get a sony mh1c headphone after read all the great review about it. But due to few factors, I only manage to get a sony mh1 live sound which require a TRRS adaptor to work. I have a few options for the TRRS adaptor,but I wonder it is different brand and type of TRRS adaptor will affect the sound quality of the sony mh1 headphone?

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #2,394 of 3,824
Quote:
my condition :
sub bass > mid bass
good soundstage
warm sound
forward mids

I hated the fit and cable of the Sony MH1C so much that I went looking for an alternative headphone. Ended up following a headfier called DSNuts and he led to me the ATH-CKS99. The bass is detailed, deep, layered and had great impact. The mids and highs were all there and the entire frequency spectrum was full. The ATH-CKS99 is a wonderfully sounding headphone - a great find by the Nut Man.

I lent the MH1C to work colleague for him to try out and he somehow lost it - not a big deal for me as I didn't miss it while enjoying the ATH-CKS99. The annoying thing was that in a week's time after the MH1C was lost, I misplaced the ATH-CKS99
mad.gif
. I have recently purchased the Philips Fidelio S2 and burning it in now. I still miss the ATH-CKS99. I would recommend the ATH-CKS99 to anyone who thinks about up-grading from MH1C.

Steve

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #2,395 of 3,824
A lot of people recommend Zero Audio Carbo Basso as a true upgrade on MH1C.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #2,396 of 3,824
At four times the price that I paid for the Sony's they should be an upgrade. I think a set of double flanges will make the Sony's even better, I only use them once in a blue moon anyway.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #2,397 of 3,824
Quote:
At four times the price that I paid for the Sony's they should be an upgrade. I think a set of double flanges will make the Sony's even better, I only use them once in a blue moon anyway.

Amazon Japan the price is 40$ + Tenso fees around 30$ is more like a double the price and then the other upgrade suggestions are above 100$ anyway.

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #2,398 of 3,824
Ok, need some advice guys. So I ordered a set of MH1C headphones off ebay. There is a small problem however. On the tag attached to them it says Sony Ericsson AND MH1c. Now, I was under the impression that the MH1c should be Sony (as opposed to Sony Ericsson). So does this mean these are likely to be fakes? I have attached a pic below to explain what I mean.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2,399 of 3,824
Quote:
Ok, need some advice guys. So I ordered a set of MH1C headphones off ebay. There is a small problem however. On the tag attached to them it says Sony Ericsson AND MH1c. Now, I was under the impression that the MH1c should be Sony (as opposed to Sony Ericsson). So does this mean these are likely to be fakes? I have attached a pic below to explain what I mean.

Nah, there aren't any fakes - they all are labeled sony ericsson because they were originally intended to be headsets included with the sony ericsson smartphones and they were created before sony split with ericsson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back