[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #2,311 of 3,824
Quote:
Well, Okay it wasn't the white noise that f'd my mh1's up. They are just defective I suppose because they were working completely fine again today via samsung but then all of a sudden everything but the bass drops out and it sounds muffled and like static. Like I said I don't really care because I have a pair of xba 3s coming soon but that would make me really upset if they weren't, Am I the only one that has this happen?

did you try them with other players?

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #2,313 of 3,824
Quote:
One would be safer jumping on the XBA-30, no?

We are talking about MH1c here and XBA-3 he could probably find for 79$, XBA-30 is double that, but of course if money are not a problem XBA-30 is better choice. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2,314 of 3,824
So here i am and joined the hype of the MH1c. Im really a noob in the audiophile world and here are my impressions:

Got my MH1c now burned in for 48hrs and i can say I AM impressed with the SQ, a little bit dark and warm but not in a bad way coz i am used to the crystality and clarity of the Sennheisers. I find the sub-bass is soooooo BOOOM!!!-BOOOOOM!!! but not rumbling the vocals or the mids, it has some good treble also.
I also have Superlux HD381F and tried A/B-ing it, and i find i like the warmer, bassy, relaxing and enjoyable signature of the MH1c, makes me wanna dance in dubstep, lol.

About the cable, i pretty like it, fits to my style, and it is very very durable!! best in all day commuting!!! really fits for my style and i like it wearing over head and take note im in the philippines so expect a little stampede here all day. lol. xD

Overall i really love it! best pick so far! and i had no worries wearing it allllll-dayyyy-longgg! love its SQ and Sub-Bass!

xD

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #2,317 of 3,824
Hi CLieOS,

Can you please tell me how similar the Phonak Audeo 122 are compared to the MH1C? I really like the MH1C except that I'd like the vocals slightly forward (think MDR-1R) and I hate the comfort on the MH1C. The 122 are available now for $80. Do you think I should go for them?

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #2,318 of 3,824
Quote:
^

Haha!, lol, ive been reading this thread for a week! xD

oh c'mon, im just being honest.

bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2,319 of 3,824
Quote:
Hi CLieOS,

Can you please tell me how similar the Phonak Audeo 122 are compared to the MH1C? I really like the MH1C except that I'd like the vocals slightly forward (think MDR-1R) and I hate the comfort on the MH1C. The 122 are available now for $80. Do you think I should go for them?

well If ur on budget get the MH1c's and if ur rich then go for Phonaks and also give me some. xD

i think theres better than Phonaks, ask other people if u might be curios.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2,320 of 3,824
Quote:

well If ur on budget get the MH1c's and if ur rich then go for Phonaks and also give me some. xD

i think theres better than Phonaks, ask other people if u might be curios.

Already have the MH1Cs. They sound pretty good for the price. It's EXTREMELY difficult to justify anything for above it based on the price. It seems that to get a jump in SQ you have to spend considerably more to get any decent jump.

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #2,321 of 3,824
Quote:
Hi CLieOS,

There is nothing particularly similar between the two. You can think of PFE122 as the opposite of MH1C as far as sound signature goes. Where you get warmness of bass and mid from MH1C, you get cleanness of micro-detail and flat FR curve from PFE. MDR-1R will be somewhere in the middle actually, but slightly closer to PFE. If you are looking for compliment instead of upgrade, I'll say PFE is a good choice.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,322 of 3,824
Guys,

I've just ordered the ATH-CKM500 for about the same price as the Sony MH1C. I'm hoping the new ATH-CKM500 is much more comfortable to wear than the Sony unit. If anyone is interested, will let people know how they differ. I'm not an expert in describing sound quality as well as ClieOS - so will defer to him on details.

Steve

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2,324 of 3,824
I just bought myself a pair MH1s.

I plugged them into my notebook and was wondering why the sound was so silent with that low Ohm.
And then i pushed the call button and suddenly it sounded normal.

How do i turn it steadily on or this feature off?
Is there some sort of button combination or do i have to adjust something in the soundcard options of the notebook?

Or is it not compatible in general with it?

Gotta try it with my Sansa Disk now...

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #2,325 of 3,824
Quote:
I just bought myself a pair MH1s.

I plugged them into my notebook and was wondering why the sound was so silent with that low Ohm.
And then i pushed the call button and suddenly it sounded normal.

How do i turn it steadily on or this feature off?
Is there some sort of button combination or do i have to adjust something in the soundcard options of the notebook?

Or is it not compatible in general with it?

Gotta try it with my Sansa Disk now...

That mean you bought MH1 instead of MH1C., and you should have bough MH1C instead.

Read the first page review for detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back