[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,891 of 3,824
Quote:
well mine just came in the white mh1s from gplushk is it just me or are the stock tips really bad they won't stay in my ears. any recommendations for ear tips.

The old sony hybrids with the blue ring do the job for me. Oddly enough the MH1C tips are perfect for my XBA-3 and the XBA-3(old hybrid) tops are perfect for the MH1C.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #1,892 of 3,824
Quote:
ya they are staying in over ear but i wont be able to use the remote like this which kinda sucks. For some reason the monoprice that everyone complained about the tips work fine for me but these dont

For me it is A LOT of work to get them to seal properly. But once the tips are sealed they aren't going anywhere. It creates a great seal and it's almost like that coating at the end sticks to your ears.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #1,893 of 3,824
Edit: Where can I get these re-cabled? I'd easily pay £20 to get it done otherwise these will collect dust.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #1,894 of 3,824
These really do sound terrific if you can handle that extra bass, but boy do they suck when it comes to fit and cable.
The stock tips literally suck, creating a very unpleasant vacuum effecting. Probably could be a dangerous thing for the ear drums. The RE-262 had the same problem.

With some foam tips they wont have the sucking effecting as well as sounding much better. Only problem is the tips don't fit the earphones exactly which means the tips have a tendency to get stuck in your ears. Be sure to have some tweezers ready! 
Even here it's quite some work getting a fit so they sound right.

I understand why you you want to get these re-cabled. One of the worst cables I ever have seen on a headphone period.
Not the most microphonic, even though it's pretty bad, I have to give that first price to something like CKS77, but damn are they horrible stiff, tangely and have enormous cable memory. The dumb J cord is needless to say not a good thing either.  

Not sure I can recommend these even though they sound terrific for the price as they are not at all user friendly. With the foam tips they are pretty comfortable though.
They are not as good sounding as the JVC FXD70 which is the best in-ear under 100$ I've tried but the bass have much better impact as well as being more forgiving in the higher frequencies. Great with electronic music, pop and hip hop when a slower and heavier bass can be a good thing.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #1,895 of 3,824
I use the smallest ear tip and it has worked perfectly for me.  They seal right up.  I am mixed about the cord.  I love that it does not tangle but I wish it was lighter.  So far they sound fantastic.

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,896 of 3,824
I actually kinda like the cable now. I just hate that giant remote. I could do without it. And at times, I wished it was a little longer. When it's attached to my portable source, I like that it's kinda short. When I'm trying to use my desktop source, it's a pain cause I can't reach for anything away from my seat unless I want my amp coming with me. :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #1,897 of 3,824
Quote:
I actually kinda like the cable now. I just hate that giant remote. I could do without it. And at times, I wished it was a little longer. When it's attached to my portable source, I like that it's kinda short. When I'm trying to use my desktop source, it's a pain cause I can't reach for anything away from my seat unless I want my amp coming with me. :frowning2:

Exactly, get rid of the remote.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,898 of 3,824
I'm fine with the remote, its hard enough trying to find headsets for Android devices as it is that have volume controls. But my goodness, did they have to make the remote SO FAT. Even when I do get a good seal with these, I worry about skipping tracks or changing the volume because once I touch that remote, pop........and there goes the seal in my left ear followed by the right ear after a few minutes walk lol

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,902 of 3,824
Just some observations between the MH1C and the GR02 BE.  I am no expert, just stating my opinons.

Both are very nice IEM's.  Both sound great, but sound very different.  The MH1C seems be very mellow (warm).  The vocals do not come out at you.  The lows are deeper on the MH1C IMO.  The GR02 BE has a very nice package with many ear tips.  With the iPhone 5, I have to turn down the volume using the GR02, they can play loud.  To me the GR02 does voices and horns very well.  It is a tough choice between the 2.

I prefer the warm sound of the MH1C, but 2 of my friends both picked the GR02 over the MH1C.  They both thought the sound was better.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,905 of 3,824
Hi, where's the best place to buy MH1c's at the moment? I don't want MH1-BL.. just MH1c.

I saw the ebay listing at $42, but it seems so high! Any other places where I can purchase from?

I know considering how much it was before all this... i believe someone found them on a HK store for $25 I'm not sure what ii was though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back