[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,831 of 3,824
^^could it be the driver flex? Pressure on one ear can sometimes cause imbalance. Pulling your ear upwards with the other hand while inserting slowly usually fixes driver flex...if it is in fact, driver flex.

Thanks.

That sounds likely for me. My left side keeps popping out more often. If I insert deeper the sound gets muted and with a rather uncomfortable suction sensation. It's tricky getting the correct balance and I often have the left more open. I'll be sure to fill the seal on the left from now on.

:koala::monkey::turtle::information_desk_person::guardsman::dancer: Galaxy S3 :raising_hand::person_with_pouting_face::person_frowning::bow::no_good::raised_hands:

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #1,836 of 3,824
Jan 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #1,838 of 3,824
Jan 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,839 of 3,824
Galaxy S2 is CTIA.

Also, 'BL' means 'Black'. MH1 and MH1C both come in white and black model.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #1,841 of 3,824
Quote:
ClieOS

can you give me your opinión about the 3 headsets compare with MH1C and maybe you know if the volumen keys work?

thanks

Never listened to Velodyne vPulse before. MC2 (which is the same as MC5 I reviewed) isn't anywhere near MH1C. Don't know much about UE500 as well, but I think UE700 is closer (if not better) to MH1C's level so I'll assume UE500 will be at most on par with MH1C, if not worst.

Anyway, vPulse and UE500 are compatible to iPhone, MC2 isn't. However, MC3 is (again, same as MC5)

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #1,842 of 3,824
last question i need the MH1C that is CTIA right?

and what do you think where i must buy?

i see this two options in the thread

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-MH1c-Headset-SmartKey-Control-Xperia-Bulk-Packing-Black-/170876113045?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c9029095

and

http://www.smartphonebay.net/Sony-Ericsson-Sony-Xperia-MH1C-Handsfree-Headset-p/hds-semh1c.htm?gclid=CMrRg57B_bQCFQVnOgodPVUAgw&Click=3608

or if you have another one
really apreciate your help
gs1000.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #1,843 of 3,824
Yes, MH1C.

Anyway you find easier for you to order.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #1,844 of 3,824
Dudes, you might be interested in my discovery of  HOW TO GET THE PERFECT SEAL WITH THE MH1'S AND MAINTAIN IT
First of all I decided a few days ago that going for long +5km walks was not that great with the MH1c's I own. The cable microphonics and the fact that I kept fiddling with the earphones to keep them seated made the experience more of a pain than it was worth. Then I figured it out...

Here's how I got the perfect seal and maintained it for an entire 5 km walk without ever once making a single adjustment. 

1) I put the shirt clip on the single cable below the J junction (where the left and right side meet) and slid it all the way up (as far as it would go). 
2) I routed the cable in front of my neck and then over the tops of my ears (arranging the flat side so that it wouldn't be "fighting" the earphones).
3) Then, instead of seating the earphones in the outer part of the ear canal, I slid them into the inner canal (significantly deeper than you would expect and much like one would do with Etymotic earphones) and tested the seal by gently pulling out a tiny bit. 
5) After I was sure I had the seal  I took the shirt clip (which was sitting on my left side)  and pulled it across to clip onto the right ear cable in such as way that the slack was taken up under my chin. Using the shirt clip in this way (for cable management) essentially turned the J cable into a standard Y cable dropping down my  front and putting a slight bit of pressure on the cables routed over my ears (so they wouldn't pop off). This also took all the pressure off the earphones so that:
a) the earphones weren't always being pulled out by the weight of the cable and
b) the cable microphonics were significantly reduced. 

This technique worked very well for my upwardly tilted ear canals but you might need to try a variation on the idea. 
*BTW, once you figure out how to work with what you have there is absolutely no need for different tips or a different cable.  (The tips, as most people know, are particularly good and, in themselves, almost worth the price of the earphones). 

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,845 of 3,824
BTW, these probably work so well for me because my 53 year old ears probably don't hear high frequencies like they used to. Even with that, it's clear that this earphone is significantly rolled off... but,  in such as way that most of music still sounds balanced and in such as way that serves the music as often as it hinders is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back