[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,336 of 3,824
man isolation FOR ME is just incredible. almost shure se215 levels. very happy and surprised. walking along a fairly busy highway right now and i barely notice the cars rushing by, when with most others i have to crank volume to block it out. have them looped over ears with jcord banging in front so the loops dont pop off ears, tips jammed almost as far in as i can. next to largest tips. still heavily bassy but seems to be tightening up a bit with burn in, or probably getting used to it.

any good triple flanges that wont threaten to pop off in my ears?

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #1,339 of 3,824
Quote:
Tips for burn-in the beauties? the time period of burn-in, burn-in tracks etc.

Better use pink, white noises,bass tracks and different frequencies  etc leave them playing for sessions of 5hrs or 10hrs at normal volume..Listen to em after that and you will notice a definite change, just listening to them needs more listening sessions to get its final sound

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #1,340 of 3,824
Ok, as much as I love these MH1Cs they are probably just not the right IEM for me. I really really do love the sound that they produce, and musicality of it all and the vibrancy. But I am only able to hear this when I'm in a still position, and that is ever rarely. Despite the the shirt clip, and the using it as an over ear design, it still keeps on falling out of my ears. I use my IEMs on the go, and these IEMs just won't let me move without coming out. So as much as I love them I may trade them or sell them, I could always keep them just to say I have them, which I'm kind of considering, but I don't see the point in it just lying around when it could be used by someone who may suit it.
Unfortunately I can't make a listing for some reason so if you are interested please PM or something, 
I'm thinking of the CKS77 and FX3X as trades with extra cash perhaps, but we'll see if anyone bites first haha!

If only this IEM came with the perfect cord! I would keep it in a heartbeat!

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #1,343 of 3,824
i love the mh1c more than any other headphone i have heard before. as you can see in my profile, i already heard a good bunch. only phone i prefer over it are my srh940. 

does anyone know a fullsize closedback, that shares the soundsignature and soundstage of the mh1? 

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,347 of 3,824
Quote:
How did you do it? I'm still finding it hard to get to stay properly in especially in my right ear. I always get the feeling that it will fall out at any second.

Gosh with the stock tips that came on, the seal so good, that when I take them out there is a 'POP'. I have not tried them walking let alone exercising because of the cable so I cannot say anything about that. My feeling is they would stay in under strenuous activity.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #1,348 of 3,824
you must have glued them in Lol :)

How did you do it? I'm still finding it hard to get to stay properly in especially in my right ear. I always get the feeling that it will fall out at any second.

Duct tape. :)

I just clip them on the front of my shirt up near the collar and use the largest included tips. No tricks. They work well for me at the gym, too.

Maybe you guys should try the y-mod plus over-the-ear fit.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,349 of 3,824
Quote:
Duct tape. :)
I just clip them on the front of my shirt up near the collar and use the largest included tips. No tricks. They work well for me at the gym, too.
Maybe you guys should try the y-mod plus over-the-ear fit.

Over the ear fit? on a flat cable? I cry witchcraft!!! lol
I've been away for a while, I need to catch up on some headfi reading, what page was that?
Thanks for the tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back