[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #347 of 3,824
This is going to be the fostex t50rp of IEMs :wink:

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #350 of 3,824
Quote:

It makes a mockery of the Monoprice 8320.

I figured it probably would, the Monoprice 8320 is a very nice sounding IEM for the price but I really didn't think it was anything special.  

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #353 of 3,824
I figured it probably would, the Monoprice 8320 is a very nice sounding IEM for the price but I really didn't think it was anything special.  

It's all about perspective, for something to sound as good as it does for the cost of a couple of beers is unheard of.......it's not to say it's ground-breaking based on SQ alone

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #354 of 3,824
Quote:
This is going to be the fostex t50rp of IEMs :wink:

I read some of the reviews written about the fostex t50rp on amazon.com. Seems highly regarded with some mods. It would be interesting to know how they compare to the JVC S500 (with ath pleather pads) which I find to be outstanding...

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #356 of 3,824
So after a weekend of burn in and such, I'm still having trouble with the headphone randomly cutting in/out while listening on my iPod. Sony V6's are presenting no such problem. I have not tried using the headphones on another device yet.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #357 of 3,824
Quote:

I read some of the reviews written about the fostex t50rp on amazon.com. Seems highly regarded with some mods. It would be interesting to know how they compare to the JVC S500 (with ath pleather pads) which I find to be outstanding...

I will tell you flat out there is not even a slight comparison to be made between modded t50rp and s500, s500 arent even in the same sport, let alone league or game as the t50rp.  My friend loves the s500 with the pleathers but they are what they are a mid to low level can that hits slightly above its price point but when we got together i was like hmmm ok, he was freaking out.  Also id take the superlux hd660 or 668b over those s500 any day.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #358 of 3,824
Quote:
Well, they are really good for the money - probably the only better value I've heard in a while is the GR04Pro Flagship if you got it for free with the gr07 mk2 - nothing can beat the bang for zero buck it provides.

We should get real - the mh1c is a very very good good overall performer, especially for people on a budget. It is by no means better than the gr07 for instance aside from the isolation and the fact that I can use it for commuting without worrying that the rain or something else might ruin it. The GR04 flagship is also better in some areas as it provides a more intimate, smooth and relaxing sound

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #359 of 3,824
Quote:
So after a weekend of burn in and such, I'm still having trouble with the headphone randomly cutting in/out while listening on my iPod. Sony V6's are presenting no such problem. I have not tried using the headphones on another device yet.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I get this on one side, haven't decided if I want to try to return them for this problem on not yet.
I still get sound, but the level goes down, and all the high end goes away.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #360 of 3,824
Quote:

I get this on one side, haven't decided if I want to try to return them for this problem on not yet.
I still get sound, but the level goes down, and all the high end goes away.

Actually the left piece on my mh1c has developed a small issue today - at first when I plugged them an hour ago I thought it was channel imbalance but is more like the left pice is super lazy and needs like 3 seconds after the music has started to catch on with its left buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back