[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #331 of 3,824
Well that's sound pretty dam# good to me.  I think I'll like them more than the GR07 because even though they did sound great I couldn't get past the lack of depth and with a lot of edm you need an IEM to be able to layer sounds well like my RE262 which is one of the best at that I've heard.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #332 of 3,824
Quote:
Well that's sound pretty dam# good to me.  I think I'll like them more than the GR07 because even though they did sound great I couldn't get past the lack of depth and with a lot of edm you need an IEM to be able to layer sounds well like my RE262 which is one of the best at that I've heard.

That's one thing mine didn't have, the treble was nice and crisp but I never had one bit of sibilance from them and I also didn't think my TF10's were really all that bright either though they had good detailed highs.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #333 of 3,824
I think they're technically comparable with the XBA-3 and EX600 (it's been a while since I've heard the EX though)...the IE8 may be a little more refined/slightly smoother. The GR07 is only about 10-15% better, and that's on technicalities. 

As a percentage that's pretty much how I was going to call it. Slightly more micro detail, timbre and speed on the gr07 but you have to search for it.... Plus its only been a day!

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #334 of 3,824
I'd also note the Sony have better dynamics, smaller stage width but better depth.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #335 of 3,824
Quote:
I could never come to terms with the treble spike on the GR07 so these should work for me. Do they have more, less or similar bass influence on the mids?

The bass is a good bit heavier than on the GR07, which is orgasmic for EDM. I don't notice any veiling, but it gives more heft to male vocals and strings, while letting the female vocals remain really clear.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #338 of 3,824
Quote:

The bass is a good bit heavier than on the GR07, which is orgasmic for EDM. I don't notice any veiling, but it gives more heft to male vocals and strings, while letting the female vocals remain really clear.

Thanks, more than I want but probably fine. Is it actually that much heavier or just not offset by the more prominent treble of the GR07. It's odd how perceived frequency response can be affected by disjointed ranges.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #339 of 3,824
So for the people who have these would you say they're close to being the best or one of the best IEM's in terms of value / price performance?

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #340 of 3,824
Quote:
So for the people who have these would you say they're close to being the best or one of the best IEM's in terms of value / price performance?

I think any IEM can beat it @ 20-30$ range, I like it better than my R-50 for Some tracks, TF10 is just better in mids, treble, I find the MH1C mid-bass, bass quality+quantity better than TF10 and R-50. Soundstage wise R-50 and TF10 are better, but MH1C too got a good soundstage that is very deep. Mids wise, I find it better than R-50..treble R-50 & TF10 are better, but not that much far. Vocals are the only thing where MH1C imo lag which is not a significant one in the music I usually listen to..So, I guess, it could be the best deal I could possibly get..

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #341 of 3,824
Quote:
Thanks, more than I want but probably fine. Is it actually that much heavier or just not offset by the more prominent treble of the GR07. It's odd how perceived frequency response can be affected by disjointed ranges.

Oh, it's decently havier and that has nothing to do with the treble. 
Quote:

Well, they are really good for the money - probably the only better value I've heard in a while is the GR04Pro Flagship if you got it for free with the gr07 mk2 - nothing can beat the bang for zero buck it provides.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #342 of 3,824

I don't think there is anything that can touch it for price/performance. The MP8320 was awesome and that cost me £8, these are better in every way and cost £10.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #343 of 3,824
Oh, it's decently havier and that has nothing to do with the treble. 
Well, they are really good for the money - probably the only better value I've heard in a while is the GR04Pro Flagship if you got it for free with the gr07 mk2 - nothing can beat the bang for zero buck it provides.

Good call!

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #344 of 3,824
Just ordered, let's see if I can live with the Y cord.

Long time back I had a Sony Ericsson cell phone that came with the y cable headphones, that actually sounded very good, but the headphones had tendency to fall off ears while walking and stuff. Maybe the shirt clip will help these tremendously.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #345 of 3,824
Quote:

Ahh but are the GR07 + Gr04pro for $180 together a better deal?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back