[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #242 of 3,824
I'm in. Ordered from Amazon with some Klipsch ovals I've been meaning to try forever for free ship. If they don't have too much midbass, they should be my preferred sig.
bigsmile_face.gif
Thanks for that find, ClieOS.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #243 of 3,824
I think I'll stick to the gr07's bi-flanges and they sound pretty much the same to the mh1c's tips - maybe slightly bassier. Btw I hear a short sharp squeak sound when I insert the left piece in my ear - I don't know if it's some sort of squeaky driver flex. It's just on the left piece and occurs like 80% of the time. Anyway, it's only one short squeak and after that it disappears, so not much of a issue but I was just interested if anyone else has it.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #244 of 3,824
Quote:
A second update and here comes the bearer of good news.
As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.

So just to confirm.  the MH1 will work with the newer idevices but not the MH1C?

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #245 of 3,824
I received mine from Amazon ($19).  It has just the SONY identification (not ericson).  It controls my recent model android phone (sprints htc evo 4g lte).  i do use an app ("Headset Button") - not sure if that's needed or not but I can control play, pause, next, last, volume.  The microphone works with Headset Button app enabled or not.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #246 of 3,824
So just to confirm.  the MH1 will work with the newer idevices but not the MH1C?

No, it is the other way around. MH-1C will work with the iDevice but MH1 doesn't.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #247 of 3,824
Just got mine! Really quick impressions; bassy, smooth, remind me of Eterna with better treble and timbre.....but needs lots of power! I'm using them them through an Xperia S and maxed out the pre-amp and probably still not loud enough for me. Gotta fly out but will be using these tomorrow. Will be annoying if have to use amp with them as that removes the control functionality and they work perfectly.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #249 of 3,824
For $25 shipped I had to buy a pair plus I don't have a headset that works with my Android phone.  If they sound anything like the EPH-100 I had then I'll like them.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #250 of 3,824
Now there's MH1's on Amazon being sold for around $60 and the MH1C for around $20, there's no difference in the SQ right?

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #252 of 3,824
These things are stupidly good they really are.... early days but I think they outdo the MP8320 in terms of value.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #254 of 3,824
Just quickly, I got from the review that these should be fairly sensitive iems - but nuckinfutz claims that they need a bit of power.  Pretty sure that Clieos just runs his off his sansa and cube mp3 players when testing...how well do they run straight out of a mp3 player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back