[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #166 of 3,824
This is exciting. I ordered the RE-262 but I guilty about the $150 I spent so I returned it. If this can come close to the RE-262 or even better for $20 then that'll be fantastic.

I ordered from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CCSD7K because the description says "new Sony version and not the Sony Ericsson version" and it says MH1C in the title, however it also says Livesound, but I think that's just a mix-up error. It may have been safer to order it from dealextreme but this one is fulfilled by Amazon so I can get it quickly and I can also return it easily if it's not the right one.

I'll post back when I get them on Wednesday (or earlier) to confirm the model.

Also, how do the white ones look? I'm kind of tired of the same black color for all my devices, I was wondering if the white ones look too cheap or if they get dirty easily. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #167 of 3,824
MH1c will mostly work with any pmp, those are the ones WITHOUT the old Sony Ericsson logo, I believe they are black only

Thank you for the reply.

So this one is fine?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-MH1c-Headset-SmartKey-Control-Xperia-Bulk-Packing-Black-/170876113045?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c9029095

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #168 of 3,824
Hey look - if I am not going to be able to have any self control, neither should you lol!

Hahaa, ok you caught me. The price is so amazing on these I'm grabbing some right now. I bet that store on Amazon is going to run out of stock really quick, selling the at £8.95 lol

I am interested.....

But my brain cannot work out which model I need to use with MP3 player? I don't want any phone controls or mic I just want the version that will work with an MP3 (Cowon Clip+ etc...)

Which model do I need to purchase, I read the OP but I am confused......

With regards to controls you don't really have any choice in the matter. They are designed for smartphones and that's why there isn't a model without mic. MH1c is the right choice mate!

Wow MH1c on Amazon is £8.95 + £3.95 next day delivery. That's a frigging steal!

Just cannot resist at this kind of price. :D

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #169 of 3,824
Quote:
This is exciting. I ordered the RE-262 but I guilty about the $150 I spent so I returned it. If this can come close to the RE-262 or even better for $20 then that'll be fantastic.
I ordered from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CCSD7K because the description says "new Sony version and not the Sony Ericsson version" and it says MH1C in the title, however it also says Livesound, but I think that's just a mix-up error. It may have been safer to order it from dealextreme but this one is fulfilled by Amazon so I can get it quickly and I can also return it easily if it's not the right one.
I'll post back when I get them on Wednesday (or earlier) to confirm the model.
Also, how do the white ones look? I'm kind of tired of the same black color for all my devices, I was wondering if the white ones look too cheap or if they get dirty easily. Anyone know?
Thanks.

Newer version with the black sony logo, I ordered from the exact same place.

Work fine for music, no controls work on my iphone 4 though.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #171 of 3,824
With regards to controls you don't really have any choice in the matter. They are designed for smartphones and that's why there isn't a model without mic. MH1c is the right choice mate!

Oh yes I'm aware there's no model without the controls. I was just making sure it would work with my MP3 players. (not the control, the earphones)

I purchased a pair to check out.

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #172 of 3,824

Oh yes I'm aware there's no model without the controls. I was just making sure it would work with my MP3 players. (not the control, the earphones)

I purchased a pair to check out.

Ah cool man.

Btw, it seems like the white version sold on Amazon from TheBestShop includes a shirt clip...

Can anyone confirm if it's the same with the black version?

EDIT: I was wrong about the next day delivery buying from total digital stores on Amazon. £3.95 is for standard 3-5 day delivery, so I paid and extra £1 for 1-2 day delivery. Bringing the total to £13.90. Hopefully I should receive them on Tuesday, then I get to see what all the fuss is about.

PS: Also, have no idea why total digital stores have them listed for 2 different prices on Amazon. :S

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #173 of 3,824
Quote:
Thank you for the reply.
So this one is fine?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-MH1c-Headset-SmartKey-Control-Xperia-Bulk-Packing-Black-/170876113045?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c9029095

Did anybody received their ones from this seller ?
I'd like to order from him, but I'm a bit afraid of fakes: it seems nobody received yet any replay on their inquiries from this seller.

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #174 of 3,824
I'd like to order from him, but I'm a bit afraid of fakes: it seems nobody received yet any replay on their inquiries from this seller.

I dunno dude, I bought one through them though. I'm just flying on a wing and a prayer hoping there aren't any fakes yet or no-one would bother faking the headset. Bulk packaging always seems a little fishy to me. I'll tell ya in about two weeks. :wink: He's sold over 110 of them and not much negative feedback so I'm assuming it's ok.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #176 of 3,824
Quote:

I was about to buy them from that seller and I asked him if they we're real, and if they included the extra tips and shirt clip. He told me they were the real deal, in bulk package. So, you guys should be safe... I ended up buying from Amazon UK at a similar price, as they were shipped closer to me.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #177 of 3,824
Quote:

I ordered from them will let you know when they show up if you can wait that long :)

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #179 of 3,824
Im an audio noob, I have only had cheapo headphones like the ep-630 and the sennheiser cx300-ii. I used to think the senn cx300-ii were pretty good as I hadnt heard any decent headphones before. Just cant beleive how awful they actually are. So muddy, vocals have no depth and just a thumpy boom for bass. Now that Ive heard a reasonably good earphones these mh-1c, I can hear detail which is crisp, clear and has some lovely bass. Now I noticed the earphones have a foam protector on it, who is willing to sacrifice thier pair to see if it would improve the sound by putting holes in the foam or taking it off? 

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #180 of 3,824
Now I noticed the earphones have a foam protector on it, who is willing to sacrifice thier pair to see if it would improve the sound by putting holes in the foam or taking it off? 

It is not a foam, but mesh material. You might get better treble and less bass once you poke the filter, but you need to know that the mesh serves two purposes: (1) as the acoustic damper to tune the FR curve, and (2) as the moisture barrier to keep water vapour in the ear canal from condensing onto the diaphragm and inner housing (which was an issue during R&D as I was told). If you are living in a cold environment, I won't recommend removing the filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back