[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #3,542 of 3,824
Hummmm.... I think i made s........
I just ordered a sony mh1.... My intention would be to use them on my vodafone smart ultra 6 and ipad air 2....

Heres the link from were i purchased them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381535567647?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Do you guys think this one would be compatible with the devices i mentioned?
A friend of mine says he made many orders and that they play with his iphone 6.....

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #3,543 of 3,824
Has anyone directly compared these to Sony XB90EX?

I have. The Sonys are a bigger sound allround , bass digs deeper into sub bass territory than the Shozys but would not say of better quality. Neither have recessed anything. . Zeros are more intimate , musical and comfortable. The rosewood does ad timber, presence & feel to SQ that was missed when switching to the plastic of the XB90s . Soundstage seems both taller and wider on the Sonys. If Sony did a rosewood XB90EX I suspect they would make alot of sales! :tongue_smile:

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #3,544 of 3,824
I have. The Sonys are a bigger sound allround , bass digs deeper into sub bass territory than the Shozys but would not say of better quality. Neither have recessed anything. . Zeros are more intimate , musical and comfortable. The rosewood does ad timber, presence & feel to SQ that was missed when switching to the plastic of the XB90s . Soundstage seems both taller and wider on the Sonys. If Sony did a rosewood XB90EX I suspect they would make alot of sales!
tongue_smile.gif

Sorry, i'm a bit confused, are you comparing 90ex to Shozy Zero or to MH1? I appreciate your thoughts regardless!

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #3,545 of 3,824
I just ordered a sony mh1.... My intention would be to use them on my vodafone smart ultra 6 and ipad air 2....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381535567647?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A friend of mine says he made many orders and that they play with his iphone 6.....

If not you can buy an adapter really cheap. Here's the one I bought a year ago, still works great: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pole-3-5-Adapter-Cable-Convert-Headsets-from-OMTP-to-CTIA-AHJ-007412-/191478731018?hash=item2c9505910a:g:0NgAAOSwmrlUuzMN

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #3,546 of 3,824

Lets wait and see.... I hope it is the updated version that does not need any adapter.... My friend says he orders his mh1s from the link i posted and that he does not need any adapter for them to play. I also saw a picture of one of his mh1s posted on a portuguese forum and those ones do not have the sony ericsson logo on the sides.... Just the engraved sony brand on one of the sides (from what i read and if i am not mistaken the new ones have sony engraved on one of the sides).

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,547 of 3,824
I have the white sony mh1. So the cable start turning color to yellow. Never liked the cable anyway. So I changed the whole cable and jack and surprised of how the sound turn out even better. The details came out nicely. The downside is the cable apparently had higher impedance so had to set the volume of my ruizu x02 until 7 step higher then the original to get normal volume. But the sound is great so that's ok for me. Sorry for my crappy engrish

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #3,549 of 3,824

Are there any other known vendors of the good ones? I really wish to grab one of these but hard to tell which are the older version and which are the new.

Also that link you posted doesn't ship overseas :frowning2:

There are some on eBay but the cheapest ship from either China or the UK,I just want to know which to get and if an adapter will be necessary, however if I like them that much chances are i'll recable them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back