[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jul 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #3,481 of 3,824

Finished it!

Will they keep the microphone?

You can buy ready DIY cables with microphone on them so yeah, I don't know the procedure but I think it's exactly the same, soldering on the drivers and the jack/device handle the mic.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #3,482 of 3,824
What, this thing is so highly regarded here? I bought it ages ago for my SonyEricsson phone, found it pretty average and cable microphonics annoyed me to no end, on top of that it was very uncomfortable and I sent it back. Maybe I should have given it a second chance
eek.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #3,483 of 3,824
  What, this thing is so highly regarded here? I bought it ages ago for my SonyEricsson phone, found it pretty average and cable microphonics annoyed me to no end, on top of that it was very uncomfortable and I sent it back. Maybe I should have given it a second chance
eek.gif

They're highly regarded in their price segment.

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #3,484 of 3,824
eek.gif

The SQ is pretty wondrous for the price. But yes, some have gone insane due to that cable 
angry_face.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #3,486 of 3,824
I was wondering... do one you think you could donate me your shirt clip from your MH1C? I have a pair I got in bulk packaging from eBay and they didn't come with the damn shirt clip and it'd be really nice to have for work where I do a lot of physical labor and moving around... I'd be willing to pay a couple bucks for the trouble and shipping (Could literally ship it in an envelope and a stamp)...
Talking about this little guy right here!
Thanks guys.

Aug 3, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #3,488 of 3,824
  Sorry if this has been asked before, but if you had the choice between MH1-c, EX300-AP and Ex650 which would you get?

MH1, period.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #3,489 of 3,824
I was wondering... do one you think you could donate me your shirt clip from your MH1C? I have a pair I got in bulk packaging from eBay and they didn't come with the damn shirt clip and it'd be really nice to have for work where I do a lot of physical labor and moving around... I'd be willing to pay a couple bucks for the trouble and shipping (Could literally ship it in an envelope and a stamp)...
Talking about this little guy right here!
Thanks guys.

I could ship it for you... I need to check if it's in my box.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #3,490 of 3,824
Hi mates. Nice to see that this earphone is still popular here being the third anniversary.

I wonder if there are any difference in the soundstage after the recable as I found it blurry for the instrument underneath the pops
To me, the bud's sound quality is not as impressive as that time when I picked it few years ago.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #3,492 of 3,824
Hello, 
I have recabled MH1 and in last days I have strange problem with them. Sometimes, when I listen for like 1 hour, one of the earphone starts sound a little bit different (quieter, like the sound was covert with something). It's weird because it happens after a while listening to them. Sometimes it happens after 1-2 hours, sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes it doesn't even happen. When unplug them and put them in drawer and take them out next day the whole thing starts again. Does anybody have same problem like me? What should I do? 

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #3,493 of 3,824
Bad soldering or wires shorting with eachother?

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #3,494 of 3,824
No that wouldn't cause it. How are you using them, indoors or as a sports IEM? Do they still have the filters in?

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,495 of 3,824
I use them mainly outdoors for walking, in bus etc. I have stock filters ("the MH1 ones") I tried this guide: 

Quote:
I suffered this infamous problem with my MH1 for almost 2 months! Sound was perfect at first, then cold weather came. However, I'm not entirely convinced moisture was the cause because I left it dry for weeks, unused even. Then one day I was brave enough to pry out the left filter + grey foam with a pin. It took a bit of time, but the only thing that remotely felt odd was the foam wasn't straight - it was angled diagonally. So I soaked it with water, stretched it out a few times, bent the opposite direction, then let it dry. Finally, I slowly re-inserted the foam and filter. Lo and behold the volume balance restored!

What made me suspect it was the foam during my trials was the left channel was brighter and louder than the right after I removed the foam & filter. I imagine because it was diagonal, it blocked both end of the left housing. When straightened out, sound must be able to freely escape at the outer ring of the housing.

It's true, that my foam wasn't straight neither. I tried to get it straigt and put it back in. I hope it will solve my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back