[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #3,286 of 3,824
If you seal the strain relief , I think it tames the bass, but also the smooth signature is lost, it becomes a bit grainy.

I don't get that at all in my recables with relief filled... The lower bass makes the treble higher in relation, and more treble can reveal grain easier in a recording perhaps...

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #3,290 of 3,824
I am so tempted to buy the Final Audio Heaven 5 as upgrade to these. I wish for the same quantity of bass but tighter and more refined with more details overall.

Both the Tenore and the KC06A are ranked much below the MH1 for me. I am still waiting for the Havi, T1E, Vivo XE 800 and the Pistons on arriving.
I can't get away from the sound sig of the MH1. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3,296 of 3,824
I've decided to sell my Sony HPM78 that's been recabled in BTG copper and my awesome Luisdent white MH1 with BTG SPC. The HPM78 sounds just like a stock MH1.

Just thinning the herd. Part of me doesn't want to sell the white one because it looks so good and is a perfect round braid that isn't too tight, so has a lot of flexibility. Oh well, just not giving it much ear time anymore.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726540/fs-sony-hpm78-black-with-copper-recable-mh1-predecessor-and-white-mh1-spc-recable

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #3,300 of 3,824
I might be selling a recabled mh1 soon. Fyi. Clear copper cable with black right angle neutrik connector and black version earpieces.i'll post it on the for sale thread soon if i dooooo.

why? :D

Cause that's what i do! Lol i recable mh1. If you mean why recable them... The cable. Sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back