Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #511 of 7,140
Same thing.

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #512 of 7,140
That will work perfectly.

You don't need an SD card to update the firmware. It has internal storage. Just put the firmware on that.

Of course, you will want the SD card, because 32GB is not very much for lossless files. :)

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #513 of 7,140
After a months use and seven charges the max battery time (no display random play) I can achieve is under 8 hrs, could my battery be sub standard? I am also wondering if there is a sonic break in with the player, does it improve over a hundred or so music hours?

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #514 of 7,140
That will work perfectly.

You don't need an SD card to update the firmware. It has internal storage. Just put the firmware on that.

Of course, you will want the SD card, because 32GB is not very much for lossless files.
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything I've read says it will only look for the update file in the extra slot 1. 

Have you updated your device from the built in drive?  If it's trying to update itself from the drive it's updating seems to me that could brick the device.  

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #515 of 7,140
After a months use and seven charges the max battery time (no display random play) I can achieve is under 8 hrs, could my battery be sub standard? I am also wondering if there is a sonic break in with the player, does it improve over a hundred or so music hours?

I suspect that might have something to do with how hard you're driving it.   Do you listen loud, do you have inefficient cans?  

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #516 of 7,140
Everything I've read says it will only look for the update file in the extra slot 1. 

Have you updated your device from the built in drive?  If it's trying to update itself from the drive it's updating seems to me that could brick the device.  

If that's true. I apologize for supplying bad information.

I don't own the device, my reply was based off what I believed I knew about it. I'm very skeptical about this. It does not make sense that the QuestStyle would require external memory to update. That sounds absolutely backwards to me.

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #517 of 7,140
If that's true. I apologize for supplying bad information.

I don't own the device, my reply was based off what I believed I knew about it. I'm very skeptical about this. It does not make sense that the QuestStyle would require external memory to update. That sounds absolutely backwards to me.

Sorry but posting information you just guess about is not clever.
QPR1 doesn't have wifi so using the micro sd card is sound method.

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #518 of 7,140

I use medium gain. Volume around 30. I get 12 hours easy.

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #520 of 7,140
QPR1 doesn't have wifi so using the micro sd card is sound method.

Is it? Why?

If you can put music on the internal storage, without wifi, why can't you put firmware update files?

Wasnt the update the same on X5...External slot?

As opposed to it's internal storage? :wink:

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #522 of 7,140
I suspect that might have something to do with how hard you're driving it.   Do you listen loud, do you have inefficient cans?  

I'm using ZMF Vibros which are not too inefficient. To test the battery run time I've set the volume at 21 which is a reasonable listening level. I've read of many QP1R owners listening or requiring a lot higher level settings, so I do not think my setting is having any extra impact on the battery.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #523 of 7,140
I'm just here to say.... HOLY SHHHHH....!!!!
I don't think I've seen a DAP review this thorough ever!!!

That's all. :wink:

DAP looks nice, seems like a capable one. 
I was looking for Dual microSD Daps and didn't even know this one existed.

Only read the first huge post, have not read anything else but, quick question, is the software as buggy as say, FiiO X5 was (last year, sold mine so not sure if Firmware upgrades made it better)? Does it actually have a "library" function, and if so, is it "capped" at a specific number of files?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back