Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 13, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #481 of 7,140

One of my favorites currently for what you would be using the headphones for is the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (AEi).  It's really light, comfortable, and has a balanced sound signature with a slight bass lift to it.  Sounds lovely via QP1R as well.

Yes I can attest to that. I have SM 2.0 with a silver cable upgrade and sonically it's a match made in heaven. It's ultra portable (no amp needed) and even without EQ the sound is to die for.

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #482 of 7,140
Yes I can attest to that. I have SM 2.0 with a silver cable upgrade and sonically it's a match made in heaven. It's ultra portable (no amp needed) and even without EQ the sound is to die for.

I would love to hear the Momentum 2.0 with an upgraded cable (Silver Litz, SPC, etcetera). I remember what the DHC cable upgrade did sonically to the B&O H6 DJ Khaled headphones. I could detect a positive change in sound quality compared to the stock cable within one note of listening!

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #483 of 7,140

One of my favorites currently for what you would be using the headphones for is the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (AEi).  It's really light, comfortable, and has a balanced sound signature with a slight bass lift to it.  Sounds lovely via QP1R as well.

Agree 100% the Momentum 2.0 is one of the best all-around headphones. Good soundstage, isolation, portability, and comfort plus they sound great. Very forgiving sound with enough bass to fill out the thin sound from most portable devices.

I tried several of the wireless 2.0s but ended up using them wired due to the bluetooth issues. Also had too many headphones at the time so I returned them but have been watching them ever since for chance to grab a wired pair. Still a bit expensive; other headphones out there with slightly better sound at their price but none can match the M2 all-around.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #484 of 7,140
I have a headphone coming in today that I am most excited for (review will be published in the near future) and another headphone that is coming soon - will want to compare to the Momentum 2.0 especially with regards to sound quality differences.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #485 of 7,140
Okay ... Sounds like a trip to b&h photo to take a listen of the M2's ...

May wait until after the holidays to get a lower price ...

Thanks for the help ...

Now just want that darn 5800 library limit lifted ... Set me free

I also think the on/off button should have been placed on the top or add a 'hold slide switch' ... Because I keep hitting the on/off button

Happy Friday the 13tg

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #487 of 7,140
You can have/exceed more than 5800 songs if you use "Browse Files" to access your music.  As a result, you can listen to at least 432GB of music (200GB times 2 slots, plus 32GB internal) or more if you use a Micro SD to SD card adapter, as those are confirmed to work with even higher storage capacities. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #488 of 7,140
Jerry,

I am curious as to what happens when you exceed the 5800 song limit? I am approaching that limit now with only a couple of hundred more songs to go.

David

Nothing ... Right now I have both 128 cards full ... Like 15000 songs or so ...
I posed a question before .. how does the unit pick out (or what order it uses) to fill in the 5800 tracks in the library ..
Haven't gotten answer or clue ...
I would assume the library load would just stop once the limit is hit

I can play any song on the cards ... But only the 5800 in the library are available in random play mode

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #490 of 7,140
If that's the case, then the 5800 limit probably won't be an issue for me at all. I find and play all my music in the browse files only.
Thanks for the info guys.

David

It's not a problem for me at all. It is easier for me to treat each folder as an album (with Artist/Band names preceding the album titles). All is in one spot, and I can add certain/different albums onto my second card if I want as well.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #492 of 7,140
super can you show us how this looks?

Check out the video ("Questyle Audio QP1R Full Length Analysis"), which is located in the first post of this thread - you can see how the folders are arranged.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #493 of 7,140
Question? When adding music to this player, after I disconnect the USB cable I don't really have to go back into settings and do a manual update media library since I already browse by folder anyway. I just added some more songs to it and I'm about 100 songs short of the 5800 cap. After adding music, I have always gone back and did a media update.

David

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #494 of 7,140
Question? When adding music to this player, after I disconnect the USB cable I don't really have to go back into settings and do a manual update media library since I already browse by folder anyway. I just added some more songs to it and I'm about 100 songs short of the 5800 cap. After adding music, I have always gone back and did a media update.

David

I do not have the DAP, but you do not need to update the media library if you don't desire. The folder view will show all the added folders and songs since it is just reading what is on the card. I think that was your question.

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #495 of 7,140
I really like the Hope VI as well, but what holds me back from recommending is mainly that it isn't very light, as having a light headphone for commuting can be of utmost importance.  Also, it may not be the most economical purchase (compared to the MH30 and MH40 [especially compared to the M50X]).  
I've been commuting with with the FHP VI for the last 6 months or so without any issues as they are very efficient even with a phone and with the QP1R,they sound like a really good desktop rig on the go. It's a personal preference, as a lot of people will compromise sound for either more mobility or if they are over conscious of their appearance in public. 4 years back my go to rig was a Senn HD250II BALANCED & Zen Vision M strapped on to a iBasso pelican III. Lot of people will consider IEMs a better option than headphones in the outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back