Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 11, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #466 of 7,140
Hi Moedawg

I haven't had any problems with upgrading - these are the steps I got from Bruce over at Questyle

The QP1R has new firmware that is fixing some small bugs and improving performance, here is how to upgrade the firmware to your QP1R:
  • Follow this link to download the firmware http://questyleaudio.com/download and load it onto onto a blank MicroSD card (it is less than 32MB so it doesn’t have to be a large card).
  • Install the card into TF Slot 1 on the QP1R.
  • Go into “System Settings”, scroll down to “Upgrade” and push the select button,
  • “Yes” should already be highlighted in blue, then push the select button and the update should start.
  • Once it finishes, the player will automatically reboot.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #467 of 7,140
On the road with the QP1R.....and a decent CIEM...ok...Not decent....Friggin fantastic!

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #468 of 7,140
Nov 11, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #469 of 7,140
Nov 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #470 of 7,140
Thanks for sharing.

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #471 of 7,140
Does anyone know the future media library limit that the 5800 will be increased to?

I love this thing. There is one big thing I would really like to have had ... A user replaceable battery (also a bigger one)

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #472 of 7,140
  Hi Moedawg

I haven't had any problems with upgrading - these are the steps I got from Bruce over at Questyle

The QP1R has new firmware that is fixing some small bugs and improving performance, here is how to upgrade the firmware to your QP1R:
  • Follow this link to download the firmware http://questyleaudio.com/download and load it onto onto a blank MicroSD card (it is less than 32MB so it doesn’t have to be a large card).
  • Install the card into TF Slot 1 on the QP1R.
  • Go into “System Settings”, scroll down to “Upgrade” and push the select button,
  • “Yes” should already be highlighted in blue, then push the select button and the update should start.
  • Once it finishes, the player will automatically reboot.

Hi @AudiophileAri,

I do not have issues with upgrading (the process of upgrading).  The issue is precisely what was posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings/450#post_12065149.  

What new firmware are you referring to?  When I check questyleaudio.com/download (click on "Drive" tab), I find the same 1.0.4 update.  As for your instructions with regards to how to upgrade the firmware to my QP1R, they are the same instructions that I have adhered to the several times that I have updated various firmware versions to the various QP1Rs that I have owned (also the directions are posted in this thread (at the (Q31) How to update the QP1R section of the review [first post]).  Please PM me or respond to this thread when a new (not the same 1.0.4) firmware version is available.  

Thank you in advance.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #473 of 7,140
Sorry .. just reposting this question here because this seems to be better suited to this forum.

I need opinions about a good over-ear headphone to pair with this for commutiing? So needs to have good isloation ... slightly on the bass side is ok
Anyone have any thought on something as good or better than the ATH-M50X?

I already have an MH30 & MH40 Which I really like)  ... but they are too nice to take on the subway. So I'm just looking for something I won't worry about scratching/denting  or  being taken
L3000.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #474 of 7,140
  Sorry .. just reposting this question here because this seems to be better suited to this forum.

I need opinions about a good over-ear headphone to pair with this for commutiing? So needs to have good isloation ... slightly on the bass side is ok
Anyone have any thought on something as  good or better than an ATH-M50X?

I already have an MH30 & MH40 Which I really like)  ... but they are too nice to take on the subway. So I'm just looking for something I won't worry about scratching/denting  or  being taken
L3000.gif

Beyerdynamic dt1350's are nice and durable

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #476 of 7,140

Beyerdynamic dt1350's are nice and durable

Good choice ... I have those as well but they have a strong clamping factor .. and I wear glasses  .. so it is tough to wear them for long periods of time

Another classic option would be the Sennheiser HD25-1 II's 

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #477 of 7,140

L3000.gif

One of my favorites currently for what you would be using the headphones for is the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (AEi).  It's really light, comfortable, and has a balanced sound signature with a slight bass lift to it.  Sounds lovely via QP1R as well.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #478 of 7,140

I already have an MH30 & MH40 Which I really like)  ... but they are too nice to take on the subway. So I'm just looking for something I won't worry about scratching/denting  or  being taken :L3000:
If you are talking about over the ear headphones not on the ear then the Final Audio Pandora Hope VI will be a very good option.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #479 of 7,140
If you are talking about over the ear headphones not on the ear then the Final Audio Pandora Hope VI will be a very good option.

I really like the Hope VI as well, but what holds me back from recommending is mainly that it isn't very light, as having a light headphone for commuting can be of utmost importance.  Also, it may not be the most economical purchase (compared to the MH30 and MH40 [especially compared to the M50X]).  

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #480 of 7,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back