Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #526 of 7,140
I'm ordering an SD card to update my firmware.  

Is this the correct format card? 

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448134134&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+128gb+micro+sd+card

The manual says it takes a 'Micro SD'  this is a 'Micro SDXC'  - same thing? 

Thanks for any info/suggestions. 

Yes ... It's the correct type ... Firmware doesn't need 128gb so you can get by with a smaller cheaper cadd

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #527 of 7,140
  I'm just here to say.... HOLY SHHHHH....!!!!
I don't think I've seen a DAP review this thorough ever!!!

That's all. :wink:

DAP looks nice, seems like a capable one. 
I was looking for Dual microSD Daps and didn't even know this one existed.

Only read the first huge post, have not read anything else but, quick question, is the software as buggy as say, FiiO X5 was (last year, sold mine so not sure if Firmware upgrades made it better)? Does it actually have a "library" function, and if so, is it "capped" at a specific number of files?

Thanks.

Yes, it still has the 5,800 limit, for now.  Also, the X5's firmware 2.5  is quite usable, a lot less buggy than it use to be.
I think the QP1R's firmware starts well ahead of the initial FWs of the X5.  And like FiiO, Questyle listens to suggestions and is active on the forums.  I have  no doubt they'll crack the 5,800 barrier soon.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #528 of 7,140

Yes, it still has the 5,800 limit, for now.  Also, the X5's firmware 2.5  is quite usable, a lot less buggy than it use to be.
I think the QP1R's firmware starts well ahead of the initial FWs of the X5.  And like FiiO, Questyle listens to suggestions and is active on the forums.  I have  no doubt they'll crack the 5,800 barrier soon.

Thanks for the info... Hmmm... guess I'll wait a bit then, just in case... :wink:

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #529 of 7,140
I actually sat down and read the review. Holy Smokes that has to be one of the most thorough reviews I have ever read. I am actually tired from reading. WoW!  Great Job!

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #531 of 7,140
Updated QP1R review (first post) with the in-ear monitors from Empire Ears lineup:

(I9)  Empire Ears Cerberus
(I10) Empire Ears Spartan
(I11) Empire Ears Hermes
(I12) Empire Ears Athena 
(I13) Empire Ears Apollo
(I14) Empire Ears Zeus

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #532 of 7,140
Does your volume control act possessed? 

I'll be at say 36 and I'm bumping it up.   37, 38, 39, 40, then BANG my volume slides backwards by itself.   Sometimes or one or two, like from 40 back to 39 or 38. 

Sometimes it goes back 3,4,5 numbers from 40 to 35.  This happens not 100% of the time, but it's not hard to re-produce.   And it happens over any range, not like 'it always happens when I go from 42 to 44'. 

Anyone else see this odd behavior? 

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #534 of 7,140
I am combining the Questyle with an iCAN nano (as a fully protable setup) via LO. I get fantastic results (like the 3D of the the iCAN), especially with my Oriolus, but even with my HD800. The sound is much more involving.

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #536 of 7,140
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-ican-nano-portable-headphone-amp

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #537 of 7,140
Got my QP1R today. I am pretty sure it's defected unit. Or maybe I don't now something. It plays sample .dsf files just fine. When I loaded some flac and alac files into the internal drive and pressed play, all I can hear is silence. I tried my SD card - same effect, no sound. And my iems plugged in into headphone out. I tried to change the gain settings - nothing. I downloaded the new FW and tried to install it, it is showing "unsupported file". Can somebody  help me before I will send it back for replacement. But I got this feeling, this unit is defective.
Also, the wheel sucks. I taped a little piece of tape to be able to scroll it.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #538 of 7,140
Got my QP1R today. I am pretty sure it's defected unit. Or maybe I don't now something. It plays sample .dsf files just fine. When I loaded some flac and alac files into the internal drive and pressed play, all I can hear is silence. I tried my SD card - same effect, no sound. And my iems plugged in into headphone out. I tried to change the gain settings - nothing. I downloaded the new FW and tried to install it, it is showing "unsupported file". Can somebody  help me before I will send it back for replacement. But I got this feeling, this unit is defective.

Format your microSD card to FAT32. Then put the new firmware onto it. Then update. Then load awesome music. Enjoy.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #539 of 7,140
Thanks for the quick respond. I was able to update the FW. But still no sound. That's really weird. It plays sample files beautifully. And doesn't play my files at all.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #540 of 7,140

The fact that it's playing the sample files makes me feel that it's unlikely to be defective. I formatted my SD cards in the player, connected my QP1R to my computer via USB, dragged some files onto the SD cards and ejected the player. I set the player to "AUTO" update once it's disconnected from the computer (if you don't "update" the library you won't get any of the music that you loaded onto the SD cards). You can go into BROWSE FILES of the menu and you should see your music files. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back