Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Jul 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #361 of 396
[BIG EDIT] For the people who've read my comments before this, most of my problems with driving these cans from my laptop have been resolved with a fresh install of audio drivers from the realtek website in stead of the drivers supplied by my laptop manufacturer.

My pair doesn't have the inline remote, but just a microphone. I haven't had any problems with channel imbalance whatsoever.
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Here's a pic of the cans for those interrested.
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Where did you order from to get the mic only version?

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #366 of 396
If I push my earlobes inside the cups I get a slightly better isolation the cups+pads are too big for me they can touch a portion of my jawbone. The angled drivers are a good idea but they should redesign the cups to make them a little narrower and kill the cheapo volume control for sure.

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #367 of 396
Got these the day before yesterday for 55 euro's.
I got the black version, since these don't have the volume control.
At first I wasn't too impressed by these headphones.
Therefore I let them play for 24 hours straight.
Picked them up this morning and was pleasantly surprised by the sound these cans can produce.
Though not quite on par with my Grado SR60i, I'm still glad I ordered them since I can use these on the train and bus whilst the Grado can not for obvious reasons.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #368 of 396
Hey guys ordered a pair off amazon and in the picture they didn't have the volume control:

but on receiving them it does have the annoying volume control slider. 

Is the slider a big enough of an issue that it's worth returning them over to get a non-slider model?

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #371 of 396
I have been eyeballin these cans since the release, i just loved the black/brown color and the sound supposed to be very good indeed. although i never quite found a good deal locally so i put the purchase on hold. Glad i did since they have removed the volume slider on the *rev 2* models. Just 10 minutes ago i found a super nice deal on the all black version with 1 button remote insted. It was an instant buy even if i initially was in love with the black/ brown version. 

So quite a while since they came out i finally pulled the trigger... I usually buy many cans a year but i am very excited about this one!

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #372 of 396
^ I have a pair with the slider. The balance is fine so the slider is a non-issue.
As 2806 said, as long as the balance is ok, there shouldn't be an issue.

I got a pair of these too , the older rev1 version and I never touch the slider, so far I don't hear any channel imbalance I guess we both are pretty lucky. My only gripe is the height of the cups that touches my jawbone and makes sealing the cups a little difficult for me I guess my oval-shaped head is a little small for their design.

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #373 of 396
^ I have a pair with the slider. The balance is fine so the slider is a non-issue.

As 2806 said, as long as the balance is ok, there shouldn't be an issue.

I got a pair of these too , the older rev1 version and I never touch the slider, so far I don't hear any channel imbalance I guess we both are pretty lucky. My only gripe is the height of the cups that touches my jawbone and makes sealing the cups a little difficult for me I guess my oval-shaped head is a little small for their design.

The seal for me is really good. Many times I have used them in bed late at night, and even with my wife asleep next to me
I can listen to anything at moderate levels and it doesn't disturb her at all.
I do wish the ear holes were bigger though. Sometimes it bothers me when I think about it too much, but if I can put it out of mind then I'm good.

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #374 of 396
Hello, I just got these headphones yesterday and totally love them. I love how they sound and find the comfort to be top notch. I have only used Sennheisers so I'm still trying to adjust to how bright these are.

However, my right earcup is doing some creaking which is very annoying. The culprit seems to be the two metal bands that come out from the headband. The creaking happens whenever I gently try to pinch them together and I feel it is rubbing against the circular piece with the Philips branding. I'm not quite sure what to do. :frowning2:

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #375 of 396
Guys am i wrong or the uptowns that have shl5915 do not have the volume control now?
Thinking of picking a pair... need a pair of over ears since now i only have my hd25's and amperiors and for 50 euros i think this guys are pretty good..... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back