Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Dec 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #331 of 396
I've just got my pair. I can confirm that there's only a microphone built in and no volume rocker. The uptowns are actually quite difficult to get here at the moment, but they're frequently sold for about €50 ~ ish

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #334 of 396
[BIG EDIT] For the people who've read my comments before this, most of my problems with driving these cans from my laptop have been resolved with a fresh install of audio drivers from the realtek website in stead of the drivers supplied by my laptop manufacturer.

My pair doesn't have the inline remote, but just a microphone. I haven't had any problems with channel imbalance whatsoever.

Here's a pic of the cans for those interrested.

Dec 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #338 of 396
What a shame, The volume control issue has stopped me from listening to these for a long time now. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #340 of 396
How bad is the issue?
Now I am not feeling confident about my purchase. Should I refuse delivery to buy another headphones?

FWIR, it's just very annoying, but not a dealbreaker. There are some that are defective, though, where the remote doesn't go all the way up or goes down on its own (flimsy plastic) and you get some channel imbalances because of it.

BUT, the headphones sound great, unbeatable at its price (maybe with the exception of the UE6000 with its crazy low price nowadays). So if you're willing to overlook the flimsy remote, or do some DIY fixes for it (superglue) I think you'll like them a lot.

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #341 of 396

FWIR, it's just very annoying, but not a dealbreaker. There are some that are defective, though, where the remote doesn't go all the way up or goes down on its own (flimsy plastic) and you get some channel imbalances because of it.

BUT, the headphones sound great, unbeatable at its price (maybe with the exception of the UE6000 with its crazy low price nowadays). So if you're willing to overlook the flimsy remote, or do some DIY fixes for it (superglue) I think you'll like them a lot.

I agree with this. These arent bad, but since I'm addicted (like everyone else on here) I ended up buying a few other headphones since these; and now every time i go to listen to these I find myself putting them down quickly for something else due to the control. I start fiddling with the up and own of the control and then it just bugs me. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #342 of 396

If you can swing the UE6000, I'd 1000% pick them over the Uptown.  A much better headphone in all aspects (except in leakage).

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #343 of 396

If you can swing the UE6000, I'd 1000% pick them over the Uptown.  A much better headphone in all aspects (except in leakage).

Do you mean these ones?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A668O92/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1386878196&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

They cost double the price of the uptowns. Are they worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back