REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Mar 30, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #2,461 of 2,536

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know she had a new album out!

You're welcome.
wink.gif
 It's a bit of a cross between her first album, her second, and something else, though more parts the second album than the first I'd say. I still prefer the poppy quirkiness of her first album, but like both her other albums as well.

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #2,462 of 2,536
IMHO both Ostrys "Destroys" the TTPod T1.... so.....
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree :D

james444 I finally understand your point now, thing is, music can deeply affect somebody, and I suddenly felt that passion overwhelming me when comparing the RE400 vs the Ostry, and an intense adjective slipped in :D

Pls do recommend me a track that you like on the Ostry, and tell why if its not too time consuming :wink:

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2,463 of 2,536
James' post is why I feel everyone should own both the Tenore and the Ostry, if only to gain some perspective on how TOTL phones stack up to the very best at the other end of the spectrum, cause no matter how much you dump into your phones, or how you feel about them, if you only listen to your favorites in isolation, you'll quickly lose sight of how good they are relative to the best bang for the buck phones. I also think it's highly prudent to volume match, and to sit on your impressions for a day or two since a lot of the time, we succumb to new toy syndrome and quickly forget how good our other phones are. The aforementioned leads to a lot of  overly excited, faulty impressions which will likely only be redacted later on (sometimes in private since we can't admit we were wrong in the first place)

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #2,464 of 2,536

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's just that when I got the VC1000, I was surprised by how good they were, and I just didnt get this same first impression with the KC06. Btw I just ordered the Tenore, so it should be clear if my hearing is ok or if I just have strange tastes :D

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #2,465 of 2,536

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's just that when I got the VC1000, I was surprised by how good they were, and I just didnt get this same first impression with the KC06. Btw I just ordered the Tenore, so it should be clear if my hearing is ok or if I just have strange tastes :D

I liken it to getting a new pair of glasses; the interesting thing is that a few dB of difference here and there can have a huge impact on what you personally find enjoyable, and it can take a brief period of adjustment before something feels "good." (call it brain burn-in if you must) The Tenore and Ostry are both really fantastic metrics for performance/dollar. Like James, I prefer quite a few more phones to either, but it's rather humbling to plug them in every single time I feel like I'm getting carried away with my fervor for a new toy. I don't think I'll ever sell either as a result, and there was once a time not too long ago when I considered just selling everything I had and just living with those two phones (although things like fit and build aren't in either's favor, so I elected to keep some of my shinier pretties after all) 

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #2,466 of 2,536
  james444 I finally understand your point now, thing is, music can deeply affect somebody, and I suddenly felt that passion overwhelming me when comparing the RE400 vs the Ostry, and an intense adjective slipped in :D

Pls do recommend me a track that you like on the Ostry, and tell why if its not too time consuming :wink:

Well, hats off to you for this reply, which is not only reasonable but also very funny. "An intense adjective slipped in" ... I'll have to remember this lol.
beerchug.gif

As for tracks that I like on the Ostry, I posted a classical one a while back (about half of my listening stuff is classical), got teased for it by @soundbear and then rummaged through my rock collection to shut him up.
wink.gif
Start with this post and scroll down a bit, there's a whole bunch of tracks that I like on the KC06. Not much of an explanation though, but I can make up for that later on if you want.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #2,467 of 2,536
Since you guys mentioned the Tenore, have they straightened out the QC issues with them?

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #2,468 of 2,536

As for tracks that I like on the Ostry, I posted a classical one a while back (about half of my listening stuff is classical), got teased for it by @soundbear and then rummaged through my rock collection to shut him up.
wink.gif
Start with this post and scroll down a bit, there's a whole bunch of tracks that I like on the KC06. Not much of an explanation though, but I can make up for that later on if you want.

Thanks for posting the link to those tracks. I haven't been able to get past the first one yet though.. that Amplifier band is news to me and I am now on a discovery trip through their tunes on spotify... a very nice discovery indeed!

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #2,469 of 2,536
The TTpod T1E never did it for me. I preferred the ostrys (both versions) to them as well. Something was always odd with them, the lower end sounded unnatural, I really wanted to like them but they were just not for me....

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #2,470 of 2,536

Well, hats off to you for this reply, which is not only reasonable but also very funny. "An intense adjective slipped in" ... I'll have to remember this lol.
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

I tried to get James to switch to real music rather than classical!!
beerchug.gif
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #2,471 of 2,536
I've been a long supporter of the KC06 but I have decided to give them up.  It's probably just me, but I think the paint (or something) has worn off and is giving me allergic reactions inside my ears.  Every time I wear KC06 for extended period of time, I develop a rash and it lasts for 2-3 days.  I've tried cleaning the tips and the iem's themselves with no luck.  

It's very unfortunate because I really love the sound that comes out of these.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #2,472 of 2,536
  I've been a long supporter of the KC06 but I have decided to give them up.  It's probably just me, but I think the paint (or something) has worn off and is giving me allergic reactions inside my ears.  Every time I wear KC06 for extended period of time, I develop a rash and it lasts for 2-3 days.  I've tried cleaning the tips and the iem's themselves with no luck.  

It's called the HeadFi rash....time to upgrade 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #2,473 of 2,536

You might really like the sound of the Titan1's. But the housings sit right in your ear, so I'm not sure if they would be problematic for your skin. You might be destined for headphones!

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #2,474 of 2,536
I don't have any problems with other iems though.. for some reason just the Ostry.  To be honest this has been happening for quite some time, since the days when we were boasting about being able to sleep with them on.  But they were so good that I was in denial for quite some time.  

It might just be my skin.. I remember as a kid I'd get rashes on my face from cheap frames (eyeglasses) that my parents bought me.

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #2,475 of 2,536
I don't have any problems with other iems though.. for some reason just the Ostry.  To be honest this has been happening for quite some time, since the days when we were boasting about being able to sleep with them on.  But they were so good that I was in denial for quite some time.  

It might just be my skin.. I remember as a kid I'd get rashes on my face from cheap frames (eyeglasses) that my parents bought me.

You must have a bird allergy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back