Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Sep 11, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #604 of 659
I wanted to add some warmth with the little dot mk2 to my clear and dt1990.

I have the Asgard 2, Asgard 3 and Little Dot MK2. IME the Asgard 2 is best with efficient planar magnetics
like the Fostex T50RP MK3, Fostex T60RP, and Hifiman HE4XX. There's a synergy which makes the Asgard 2 very
tough to beat for the money. But the A2 tends to be more finicky with higher impedance headphones like the HD600 and HD650. I prefer the Asgard 3 and Little Dot MK 2 for these headphones. Of course this is just my subjective opinion so take it with a grain of salt. 😊

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #606 of 659
just arrived mk2, do you have a manual that explains how the various gain settings work? Thank you.
This is the most comprehensive Head-Fi thread on the Little Dot MK II. If you scroll down the first page
you'll find information on gain settings. It's a great little headphone amplifier for higher impedance headphones
like the Sennheiser HD600 and HD6XX (HD650). Enjoy!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/review-of-the-little-dot-mkii-tube-headphone-amp-pre-amp.284835/

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #607 of 659
This setting:D. Switch 1 on, Switch 2 on = Gain 3 (Lowest Impedance) is it the one that has the lowest background noise and therefore recommended for good sound for the HD 650?

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #608 of 659
This setting:D. Switch 1 on, Switch 2 on = Gain 3 (Lowest Impedance) is it the one that has the lowest background noise and therefore recommended for good sound for the HD 650?

You'll likely find that this setting produces a very low volume level. Ideally, the best setting for the HD650 should be at the highest impedance level. Specifically with both switches turned off.

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #611 of 659
Sep 15, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #613 of 659
gain hight, how many screws do I have to remove to change the gain, there are no videos, that's annoying, I can't disassemble it.
You have to remove the two bottom screws on the front of the amplifier and the two bottom screws on the back of the amplifier.
Then the bottom plate can be removed, and you can get access to the inside of it. You'll be working on the amplifier when it's upside down.

The screws might be tight, so make sure not to strip them. If the screws are stripped you may be able to drill
them out using a drill bit. Then just buy some new replacement screws. Good luck!

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #614 of 659
You have to remove the two bottom screws on the front of the amplifier and the two bottom screws on the back of the amplifier.
Then the bottom plate can be removed, and you can get access to the inside of it. You'll be working on the amplifier when it's upside down.

The screws might be tight, so make sure not to strip them. If the screws are stripped you may be able to drill
them out using a drill bit. Then just buy some new replacement screws. Good luck!
thanks, yes unfortunately a screw is torn and I wasn't able to remove it, tomorrow I'll use the drill.

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #615 of 659
thanks, yes unfortunately a screw is torn and I wasn't able to remove it, tomorrow I'll use the drill.
The screws are really thin and easy to strip. When I adjusted the gain on my LD MK2 I reinstalled the screws
but did not make then tight. Just snug. This way they're easy to remove in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back