Review of the Audio-gd DAC-19 DSP & C2 amp - The ACSS connection
Jul 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #556 of 991
Just spent €426.66 to order a modified DT880 (600ohms)

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #558 of 991
It's called Beyerdynamic DT880"Impact" (UPOCC) from ZX Amateur Cables.

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #559 of 991
Hello.
Have you compared DAC-19 and Reference 9?
I think over the purchase of DAC, and DAC-19 internally is similar to Reference 9, but is considerably cheaper...

Jul 4, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #560 of 991
Audio-GD owners following this thread may be interested to know that Kingwa is testing an A-GD USB/SPDIF interface using the DSP-3 that he's directly comparing to the M2Tech Hiface.  This new interface is still not async USB like the Hiface.

"Now we are burning both our USBface and hiFace, once we finished burn in, we will compare their sound level.  If our USBface sound worst, we will kill it."

http://www.audio-gd.com/USBface/USBfaceEN.htm

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #562 of 991
Hi.
I'm from France too and would need to discuss with you about DAC 19 because i have a tango 2.5 audiomat and need your feedback. You are so much aware about all this kind of stuff. Would it be possible to contact you directly by phone for example ?

Merci bcp Slim.a

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #565 of 991

Quote:
Audio-GD owners following this thread may be interested to know that Kingwa is testing an A-GD USB/SPDIF interface using the DSP-3 that he's directly comparing to the M2Tech Hiface.  This new interface is still not async USB like the Hiface.

"Now we are burning both our USBface and hiFace, once we finished burn in, we will compare their sound level.  If our USBface sound worst, we will kill it."

http://www.audio-gd.com/USBface/USBfaceEN.htm

How about just getting the new 24/96 USB input implementation working?  I placed an order with Amp City on June 8 for a DAC19 and it still hasn't shipped because Audio-GD "are still working on improving the USB implementation". 

Jul 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #566 of 991

Quote:

How about just getting the new 24/96 USB input implementation working?  I placed an order with Amp City on June 8 for a DAC19 and it still hasn't shipped because Audio-GD "are still working on improving the USB implementation". 

I ordered July 1. Yesterday, they said it'll ship next week (they hope).

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #568 of 991
Quote:
If they manage to achieve what they announced (improve USB input, (out)match hiFace et al.) you will be glad you waited a couple of weeks more.

Do you suppose this means the DAC19DSP is getting upgraded to the DSP-3? As the DSP-3 is used in the A-GD USBface.   Anyone know the differences from the DSP-1?  I just noticed the USBface announcement on the A-GD front page is gone.

I've always fed the DAC19DSP with an Empirical Audio Off Ramp 3 into SPDIF.  I'm taking most of my system to friend's house this weekend.  He has my newly acquired Magnepan MG12 connected to his tube gear.  Gonna be trying a number of things this weekend using the C-2 and DAC19DSP combo.  We'll try the normal USB input and add a DIYParadise Ultravox (ADUM4160 galvanic isolation on the USB) versus the Off Ramp. The Magnepan's excellent imaging will be very revealing of added jitter in the system, anticipating it will reveal the strength or weakness of DAC19DSP's USB input.

I've been using Burson opamps in the C-2 for a couple of weeks.  They sound magnificent.  Richer timbre compared to ACSS, more dynamic, more colorful across the range, very well balanced, warm, and absolutely no fatigue. Also adding a Wyred4Sound ST-500 ICEpower amp, arriving in a couple of days.  I know you guys love your cans but I maintain the C-2 is a great preamp (beside a great HP amp) with the benefit of being the only Audio-GD product that allows the use of opamps to tailor the sound.

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #569 of 991

I hope AudioGd isn't going down the typical bait-and-witch downward spiral we see from all these companies over there,  they are no longer responsding to emails,  thats usually the first sign..
Quote:

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #570 of 991

Quote:
I hope AudioGd isn't going down the typical bait-and-witch downward spiral we see from all these companies over there,  they are no longer responsding to emails,  thats usually the first sign..

I don't get it? Since when did they stop responding to emails? I actually asked about something today and got a reply quite quickly.  As far as I can see, all the USB inputs are being changed to use the 24/96-capable TE7022 instead of the PCM2706/2707.  From what I can see, people have been bugging Kingwa to do this for months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back