Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
Aug 7, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #586 of 660
@suman134 and @varunbrar - apologies in advance for barging into your discussion, just couldn't resist sharing my experience on this one. 

I own S0 for the last 7 months (my first and only Brainwavz IEMs, bought from mp4nation). These have got very good SQ across all spectrum of frequencies. To my ears, these are a very laidback super smooth sounding earphones with enough bass impact (more mid bass), pretty decent mid presentations and slightly rolled off highs. Soundstage is about average.

As Suman, rightly said, there are quite a bit of accessories you will get with this (loads of different variety of tips). Build quality is top notch and also makes very comfortable fit for my ear canals. If you can get these for under 1500 bucks then it is a very good deal.

(My only gripe was, I paid a very hefty customs duty besides paying the actual price of the product)

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #589 of 660
  @suman134 and @varunbrar - apologies in advance for barging into your discussion, just couldn't resist sharing my experience on this one. 

I own S0 for the last 7 months (my first and only Brainwavz IEMs, bought from mp4nation). These have got very good SQ across all spectrum of frequencies. To my ears, these are a very laidback super smooth sounding earphones with enough bass impact (more mid bass), pretty decent mid presentations and slightly rolled off highs. Soundstage is about average.

As Suman, rightly said, there are quite a bit of accessories you will get with this (loads of different variety of tips). Build quality is top notch and also makes very comfortable fit for my ear canals. If you can get these for under 1500 bucks then it is a very good deal.

(My only gripe was, I paid a very hefty customs duty besides paying the actual price of the product)

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it.
beerchug.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #590 of 660
  Hi mebaali If you dont mind could you please let me know from where you bought it and for how much?

As I mentioned in my post, it was from mp4nation. Used some new year's day discount coupon and had 25 US$ off.

Unfortunately, customs duty killed any benefit I would have had with those coupons (paid an insane Rs 2500 as duty in additional to the amount that i had already paid at mp4nation)

BTW, here is the link from where i purchased mine http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-s0-iem-earphones-free-fedex-2-day-to-select-destination

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #591 of 660
I will be getting the All new Branwavz Jive too, hope fully sooner, will share my views if you guys are interested.

For me this is a under or around 1k thread, i can up the ante, all you have to do is to show some interest.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #592 of 660
  I will be getting the All new Branwavz Jive too, hope fully sooner, will share my views if you guys are interested.

For me this is a under or around 1k thread, i can up the ante, all you have to do is to show some interest.

I too got the mail, was under two minds whether to go for it or not. Since you are getting it, its all the more great for me.

Assuming from the product description, these could be less bassy and more treble and mid centric (BA quality sound?). I will wait for your impressions, though 
beerchug.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #593 of 660
  I too got the mail, was under two minds whether to go for it or not. Since you are getting it, its all the more great for me.

Assuming from the product description, these could be less bassy and more treble and mid centric (BA quality sound?). I will wait for your impressions, though 
beerchug.gif

Okay
redface.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #594 of 660

beerchug.gif

Now i have query, how good is KZ ATE, ebay has them for 1600, are they good?

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #595 of 660

Now i have query, how good is KZ ATE, ebay has them for 1600, are they good?

Of the KZ IEMs that i own, i like ATE the most. 

In many ways, i feel like they are improvised version of Brainwavz S0 with ATE having a bit more clarity, tighter bass, and slightly wider soundstage over the S0 (treble is almost the same).

I paid 600 bucks to get these on their launch time from Aliexpress. You can still find them there for similar price range.

Whether it is worth 1000 bucks or more, is totally personal. But, I would say for my tastes, ATE is indeed worth 1600 bucks if that's what I have to pay to get them.

One major gripe I have with these are, their fit. These have got a very long nozzle (with only over the ear style possible) that has poor fit mechanics with most of the tips that i have tried, so you can forget about isolation or having perfect fit. Other than this, these are pretty solid IEMs for home usage.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #596 of 660
  Of the KZ IEMs that i own, i like ATE the most. 

In many ways, i feel like they are improvised version of Brainwavz S0 with ATE having a bit more clarity, tighter bass, and slightly wider soundstage over the S0.

I paid 600 bucks to get these on their launch time from Aliexpress. You can still find them there for similar price range.

Whether it is worth 1000 bucks or more, is totally personal. But, I would say for my tastes, ATE is indeed worth 1600 bucks if that's what I have to pay to get them.

One major gripe I have with these are, their fit. It has got a very long nozzle (with only over the ear style possible) that has poor fit mechanics with most of the tips that i have tried, so you can forget about isolation or having perfect fit. Other than this, these are pretty solid IEMs for home usage.

Okay, thanks!!

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #598 of 660
MEE audio A151p 2nd gen review.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meelectronics-a151p-2nd-generation/reviews/13732

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #599 of 660
Not exactly feeling awesome about it but i am told to do so, so...

SoundMAGIC has a small announcement for we Indian headphone lovers. Just read the last lines, and if you feel like reading more, then read some more.

ACRO Announces Indian Launch of New SoundMAGIC Products
The award-winning E10 and E10S are joined by three brand new models with an introduction to a Bluetooth headphone.
New Delhi: Today, ACRO Engineering is proud to announce the Indian launch of four new SoundMAGIC products, the E50, E50S, E80 earphones and BT20 headphones. Founded in 2005 by acoustic design engineer Tony Xu, SoundMAGIC design and manufacture products that aim to deliver performance beyond customer expectations. With awards and recommendations from What Hi-Fi?, Stuff magazine, T3, Trusted Reviews and AV Forums, SoundMAGIC headphones deliver immersive sound quality, outstanding durability and stylish aesthetics, consistently outperforming similar products from established competitors.
Featuring a refined sound in rugged housing, the E50 is a perfect partner for portable devices. A durable earphone with truly superb sound, built to be used every day. The rigid aluminum exterior contains powerful custom 10mm dynamic drivers, producing impressive bass, a wide soundstage and sparkling organic highs with detail and precision.
The E50S offers the same rugged build and stunning sound quality as the E50, but adds a Multi-Function remote and in-line mic, as well as SoundMAGIC's proprietary Smart Switch, making it compatible with Apple. Blackberry, HTC, Samsung Galaxy and Nokia devices.
Offering audiophile sound quality to everyone, SoundMAGIC has created the E80 and E80S. High-definition transducers convey precise sound with well-defined bass and composed stereo separation and allow the E80 to offer a genuine representation of music. The E80's sound signature retains some of the characteristics of the E10, while adding a level of sophistication through refined bass and sumptuous highs. Meanwhile, the E80S will be released later this winter.
The BT20 is the new addition to the SoundMAGIC family. It is a Bluetooth headphone which comes with a detachable cable meaning it can be used as a wireless Bluetooth earphone as well. The BT20 comes with a Bluetooth v4.0 which requires less power and warrants stable transmission, NFC touch to connect to devices feature and the Lithium polymer battery offers up to 15 hours playtime.
As with all SoundMAGIC bearing the "S" suffix, the E50S & E80S includes and in-line mic and Multi-Function remote, as well as a Smart Switch for compatibility with Apple. Blackberry, HTC, Samsung Galaxy and Nokia devices.
The E50, E50S and E80 earphones are all available at leading e-commerce platforms and can be purchased at ACRO Engineering, New Delhi.

Pricing of the new models:
E50: 3599/-INR, E50S: 3999/- INR, E80: 4499/- INR, BT20: 7749/- INR.

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #600 of 660
But @suman134 , FK price of E80 (Rs 3389) and E50 (Rs 2899) are still much lower than the suggested retail price given by ACRO.

Any idea whether FK seller (Trison) is authorized to sell Soundmagic products with Indian warranty?

http://www.flipkart.com/soundmagic-e80-red-stereo-dynamic-headphone-wired-headphones/p/itme9ghr3keqr4yv?q=Soundmagic+E80+Red+Stereo+Dynamic+Headphone+Wired+Headphones&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=p_1_soundmagic+e80&pid=ACCE9GHQWXSMVVNC

http://www.flipkart.com/soundmagic-e50-red-stereo-dynamic-headphone-wired-headphones/p/itme9ghrdwpzjydb?q=Soundmagic+E50+Red+Stereo+Dynamic+Headphone+Wired+Headphones&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=p_2_soundmagic+e50&pid=ACCE9GHQZYPUWN7T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back