Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
Oct 24, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #646 of 660
Sorry I do not know how to describe it. That is why I listed all my previously used IEMs and my opinions about them. I like the sound signature of Cowon EK2 the best among them all. I guess its like you described open sounded, detailed and balanced bass. Ek2 sounds pleasant without any fatigue and i find sound separation better in it. It also feels more natural and airy but not too flat or neutral. KZ is not a preferance, any brand is fine. Hope that gives u some idea.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #647 of 660
  Sorry I do not know how to describe it. That is why I listed all my previously used IEMs and my opinions about them. I like the sound signature of Cowon EK2 the best among them all. I guess its like you described open sounded, detailed and balanced bass. Ek2 sounds pleasant without any fatigue and i find sound separation better in it. It also feels more natural and airy but not too flat or neutral. KZ is not a preferance, any brand is fine. Hope that gives u some idea.

No problem, I think ED9, KZ ZN1/2 and if you are going up you will like the oneplus icons, Signature Acoustics O16 live, and Remax RM-600. Rm-600 is not as mide but its has the best clarity, it houses a BA after all.
 If you got money, i will say buy multiple KZ earphones, you will not be disappointed. ED9 and ZN1/2 to be precise. ATE is good but has mid bass hump.KZ has plenty of cheap but good sounding earphones.

I myself own 4 KZ earphone, ED special edition, ED9, ZN1 mini and i more i dont remember the name.
redface.gif

Ask me what will be the best and i will tell you to go for RM-600, it lacks thump with bass, Icons are good too but has sharper highs.

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #648 of 660
Thanks, I might go for one of the KZs you mentioned. ZN1/2 seems bulky when compared to ED9 , Cowon EK2 is very lightweight and comfortable. Is there a huge difference in SQ between ED9 and ZN. Is ZN better than ED9?

Also can u please describe sound characteristics of Cowon Ek2 in audiophile terms i.e in which category does it come: basshead/balanced/warm smooth/v-shaped..  Could not find any reviews on Remax RM-600 on net. Is it a relatively unknown brand? Any impressions on Ostry KC06?

Finally please tell me how these high-end IEMs fare to budget IEMs on low quality source content like 256kbps or less mp3s , youtube videos etc?  Do they sound worse or better in general? btw I have Asus xonar DG soundcard.

Sorry if I am babbling too much, really appreciate your suggestions.

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #649 of 660
  Thanks, I might go for one of the KZs you mentioned. ZN1/2 seems bulky when compared to ED9 , Cowon EK2 is very lightweight and comfortable. Is there a huge difference in SQ between ED9 and ZN. Is ZN better than ED9?

Also can u please describe sound characteristics of Cowon Ek2 in audiophile terms i.e in which category does it come: basshead/balanced/warm smooth/v-shaped..  Could not find any reviews on Remax RM-600 on net. Is it a relatively unknown brand? Any impressions on Ostry KC06?

Finally please tell me how these high-end IEMs fare to budget IEMs on low quality source content like 256kbps or less mp3s , youtube videos etc?  Do they sound worse or better in general? btw I have Asus xonar DG soundcard.

Sorry if I am babbling too much, really appreciate your suggestions.

There is some difference but its minute, you can go for ED9 any day. Its  perfectly fine with quality.

Ek2 is Kind of balanced with slightly warm signature. RM-600 is recommended because ti has a BA and a most of the BA has lesser bass, better mids, might lack top end extension but have awesome clarity. KC06 must be really good but i dont any experience with it. If you can go up there, go for it, its one of the head-fi favourites.

Hgigh end IEM are not day and light different when it comes to not so good quality recordings but some earphones like HA2, ER-4 micro, Titan-1 can expose the flaws in these recordings and can sound harsh thanks to their super fast decay. Still there are earphones like TF-10 which are good at masking these flaws. Most of the lower end earphones mask these things nicely as they can not process distortion and minute short comings.

Have you seen peolple claiming some $5 earphone being better than HD800? HD800 revels too much and some people just cant handle its seriously revealing nature.

If you want to enjoy music, go for something that is good, KC06A is an awesome option, so is the Brainwavz S3 and RE-400.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #650 of 660
My review of the Nebula one.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/aaw-nebula-one-titanium-diaphragm-in-ear-monitor/reviews/17293

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #651 of 660
Hi Suman,
After my post here, I decided to try few more budget iem's. Bought kz atr and superlux 381(bass version, not flat one). Have been using kz atr for a few weeks now with my pc(xonar dg card) and I like it. I am not too comfy with sound signature of 381 especially vocals, purely personal preferenc. On the other day I saw remax 600m on amazon for 550rs(500+50rs shipping). Was sceptical initially about its genuinity. Package recieved yesterday. It looks genuine. It's definitely a keeper, from my initial impressions.

38 ohm impedance as per spec, might need to be amped. It sounded feeble on my mobile xiaomi 4i when compared to pc with xonar dg(32-64ohm profile).

My noob impressions in noob terms:
Personal preferences, take it with grain of salt.i dont like signature of 381 much,so I maybe biased.

Aggressive 600m>381>>atr(more laidback)
Bass in terms of boominess.frankly none of the 3 are bass-heads in my terms. Atr>600m>381
Detail n separation. 600m>>381>>atr
Still trying to find good fit with 600m. Fit is great with atr, might be bcoz of over the ear. 381 fit is good,maybe due to odd shape.

Atr sounds laidback n smooth, maybe due to lack of details n power compared to rest.
600m sounds aggresive,clear but might sound sibilant when compared to rest.

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommend and to inform others about the low price.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #652 of 660
Hi Suman,
After my post here, I decided to try few more budget iem's. Bought kz atr and superlux 381(bass version, not flat one). Have been using kz atr for a few weeks now with my pc(xonar dg card) and I like it. I am not too comfy with sound signature of 381 especially vocals, purely personal preferenc. On the other day I saw remax 600m on amazon for 550rs(500+50rs shipping). Was sceptical initially about its genuinity. Package recieved yesterday. It looks genuine. It's definitely a keeper, from my initial impressions.

38 ohm impedance as per spec, might need to be amped. It sounded feeble on my mobile xiaomi 4i when compared to pc with xonar dg(32-64ohm profile).

My noob impressions in noob terms:
Personal preferences, take it with grain of salt.i dont like signature of 381 much,so I maybe biased.

Aggressive 600m>381>>atr(more laidback)
Bass in terms of boominess.frankly none of the 3 are bass-heads in my terms. Atr>600m>381
Detail n separation. 600m>>381>>atr
Still trying to find good fit with 600m. Fit is great with atr, might be bcoz of over the ear. 381 fit is good,maybe due to odd shape.

Atr sounds laidback n smooth, maybe due to lack of details n power compared to rest.
600m sounds aggresive,clear but might sound sibilant when compared to rest.

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommend and to inform others about the low price.

Happy to help for sure, Use the foam tips for better fitment.

Sibilance is a personal thing and I hope you will get used to it.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #653 of 660
@smltngs bought the last two..
redface.gif
You know, I love BA.. And for this price its a no brainer.

Thanks for the tip!! Cheers!! You are lucky and made me lucky too!! Want to try some other earphones? Tennmak pro will bring a smile of your face and for $25, its a no brainer too.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #654 of 660
Lol. Yes a BA with sturdy build, extra pairs,pouch n it has mic. i paid more than double of this amount for my cowon ek2, which I love. This maybe a price mistake on part of seller.

Initially when I went from cowon to atr I thought atr was sibilant.:) Now I feel it is laidback.

I am just a audio noob. I don't hear the nuances like u guys.i just wanted to try few different budget iems n see differences. Remax was well worth it, a steal at this price.

I have ended my purchase spree. I m yet to get my ve monks plus and havi b3 which I purchased on 11/11 sale.thats it for me.thanks

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #655 of 660
 I too bought a few things on that day, couple of KA earphones, ED 12 and KZ ZST, a **** **** UE hybrid earphones and a MMCX cable.

If in future you decide to have a go then keep the pro in mind. Cheers.

Enjoy your day!!

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #656 of 660
I have a Review to share, here is my review of the New Brainwavz B100!! Any feedback is welcome.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-b100-balanced-armature-earphone/reviews/17783

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #657 of 660
Do have a look at my review of the Meze 12 classic.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-12-classics/reviews/18415

May 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #660 of 660
hi suman can you tell how audio Technica ATH-CLR100 sounds

They sound good, They have good imaging and soundstage, but they got no justice to the bass, until you burn them in(I burned them in with my FiiO K1), and mod them with New Bee eartips, Now they seem to be a balance of balanced and fun, slight u shape but without being extreme at extreme frequencies. They just sound good all around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back