Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Feb 21, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #2,551 of 3,060
Hows the cable weight?.....btw,did you them from AE?Im also looking for similar cable.

No. I acquired the parts from all over.

26AWG Silver Plated 7N OCC Litz from PlusSound
Oyaide Gold Plated 3.5mm TRS from Norne
Some Chinese ATH-IM connectors from ebay

Cable weight is quite light. Lighter than stock, heavier than LunaShops.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #2,552 of 3,060
No. I acquired the parts from all over.

26AWG Silver Plated 7N OCC Litz from PlusSound
Oyaide Gold Plated 3.5mm TRS from Norne
Some Chinese ATH-IM connectors from ebay

Cable weight is quite light. Lighter than stock, heavier than LunaShops.

Does the sound change with new cables?

I was thinking about getting some after market cables on eBay maybe for $20

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #2,553 of 3,060
If all you're looking for is better ergonomics, then go for it. Just don't expect a change in sound. Especially for $20.

The cable I made would cost at least $200 from one of the big custom shops. It sounds great, but I can't easily say if I hear a difference. I don't listen to the IM03 very often anymore.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #2,554 of 3,060
A (3 months old from their 2nd birthday since I made the purchase, but still going strong besides harden wire, worn out [but still acceptable for me] plastic housing and much blatantly looser pins) IM02 user here. What I can say about them is that these have turned me from someone who loved a V-shaped, bassy kind of sound to someone who is exactly the opposite of that (neutral/balanced head, whatever).

If anyone is looking for a pair of in-ear monitors that does every single genre well but don't want to shell out way too much (just take note that these are tricky to fit), these can be seriously considered for their price. However, these can sound peaky at times if you use a certain source or music to play with, so these are definitely not for everyone (cliche).

Peace.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,555 of 3,060
Hi Guys!
Can you help me with something?

I have the ATH IM50 and I love this little fellas!
I guess this makes me a basshead?

Even loving the IM50 I'd like to have an option with plenty of bass but with a bigger soundstage and clarity.
What would you recommend me?

The IM02 and IM03 seems to have great clarity and openness but won't have bass enough for me I'm correct about this?
The IM70 seems to be the same thing of IM50 but less bassy (more controlled thought). 

I was thing about geting the vsonic GR07 BASS edition but it seems to be treble heavy and I'm quite sensitive in this area. (I have already the Vsonic VSD3S with I love but that is my treble limit).

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #2,556 of 3,060
Quote:
Hi Guys!

Even loving the IM50 I'd like to have an option with plenty of bass but with a bigger soundstage and clarity.

The IM02 and IM03 seems to have great clarity and openness but won't have bass enough for me I'm correct about this?
The IM70 seems to be the same thing of IM50 but less bassy (more controlled thought). 

I was thing about geting the vsonic GR07 BASS edition but it seems to be treble heavy and I'm quite sensitive in this area. (I have already the Vsonic VSD3S with I love but that is my treble limit).

As a IM02 user, at least in my opinion, they are really "flat" on the bass.

Otherwise, not interested in the other models anymore, so can't comment about them at all.

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #2,557 of 3,060
  Hi Guys!

Clarity and im50 type bass quantity dont usually go together at under 200$ price bracket. 

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #2,560 of 3,060
Hi Guys!

IM70 is not less bassy than IM50. Actually it has more sub-bass than the mid-bassy IM50 and the clarity is a few notches above the IM50.

Though I'd suggest CKR9 which is a clear definite upgrade to IM50/70. :wink:

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #2,561 of 3,060
Clarity and im50 type bass quantity dont usually go together at under 200$ price bracket. 

You have CKR9 which does both very well under $200.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #2,562 of 3,060
You have CKR9 which does both very well under $200.

I got these from yodobashi camera for 23k yen. And I'm referring to the recommended retail price

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #2,563 of 3,060
I got these from yodobashi camera for 23k yen. And I'm referring to the recommended retail price

Retail price doesn't make sense for Audio Technica as CKR9 was always under $200 and generally between $150-180. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261961892704?redirect=mobile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back