Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Feb 16, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,536 of 3,060
Just got my im03 i am actually really enjoying these will give some impression later and i dont see these as sibilance at all with comply foam. Do you guys still recommend me buying the jvc spiral?

I noticed these dont have grills instead some white tube?

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2,537 of 3,060

Post some pictures so I can see what you're talking about.

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #2,539 of 3,060
Mine looks more or less like that, only there is a mesh down inside the nozzle.

Are you sure there isn't? Shine a light down there and give it a good look.

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #2,540 of 3,060
Mine looks more or less like that, only there is a mesh down inside the nozzle.

Are you sure there isn't? Shine a light down there and give it a good look.

opps there is a grill my bad. My room is kinda dark :p

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,541 of 3,060
  Just got my im03 i am actually really enjoying these will give some impression later and i dont see these as sibilance at all with comply foam. Do you guys still recommend me buying the jvc spiral?

I got my spirals several months later to let myself get used to the standard tip sound and so that my interest in my CKR-9s gets a little refresh.

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #2,542 of 3,060
  I got my spirals several months later to let myself get used to the standard tip sound and so that my interest in my CKR-9s gets a little refresh.

Do you like the spiral tips? Is there a huge difference in terms of sound for you?

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2,543 of 3,060
So I had little time to play with the im03 I give you guys small review.

The im03 is kinda dark imo the mids are smooth but not as smooth as the 425. The soundstage is pretty wide this is one thing I like. The bass is nice and tight and controlled. One big surprised was how realistic the im03 sounds in some songs this wowed me because I was listening to one song and I thought he was literally right next to me because the voice and the instrument felt so realistic. I think it's par or even better then my HD 600 + magni 2 in terms of how realistic it sounds. The vocals are nice and forward for me. I did notice some silibance with my KZ tip and no silibance on the comply foam. I tried my nx1 topping with my im03 because I noticed the im03 is around 30omhs or so didn't like it with my nx1 sounds flat and to loud but with the magni2 it's another level it's amazing. So far im03 is a keeper and will buy some jvc spiral and maybe upgrade the cables because it's a little uncomfy.

Might update my review after some burn in and more listening with spiral. :D

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #2,544 of 3,060
Oh yes. The IM03 is tremendously natural sounding. One of the best in that regard.

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #2,546 of 3,060
Just want to share my experience with my im03 here becuase i see some people previously arguing if the im03 suffers from sibilance or not. 

I'd had a chance to try them in a shop before deciding to purchase the second hand im03. But as soon as i put them on, i noticed some differences between those i'd tried in the shop and this pair. This im03 was so prone to sibilance to the point that i had to put them off when listening to some female vocals. Plus the bass was a bit underwhelming. But the pair in the shop was smooth on highs while the bass was very much present. After using them for a week i returned them to Audio Technica. The man acknowledged these issues and replaced them with a new pair and I found them smooth on highs while the bass was very much present, with no sign of sibilance at all. And three months have passed, but the sound experience with the new pair remains the same. I believe that second hand im03 was half broken. It's not terrible but the sibilance was beyond tolerance.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #2,547 of 3,060
  Just want to share my experience with my im03 here becuase i see some people previously arguing if the im03 suffers from sibilance or not. 

I'd had a chance to try them in a shop before deciding to purchase the second hand im03. But as soon as i put them on, i noticed some differences between those i'd tried in the shop and this pair. This im03 was so prone to sibilance to the point that i had to put them off when listening to some female vocals. Plus the bass was a bit underwhelming. But the pair in the shop was smooth on highs while the bass was very much present. After using them for a week i returned them to Audio Technica. The man acknowledged these issues and replaced them with a new pair and I found them smooth on highs while the bass was very much present, with no sign of sibilance at all. And three months have passed, but the sound experience with the new pair remains the same. I believe that second hand im03 was half broken. It's not terrible but the sibilance was beyond tolerance.

LOL

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #2,548 of 3,060
This evening there's no Angie and no LCD-2. It's all IM03. After all, I must thoroughly test this cable I built today. :D

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #2,549 of 3,060
Hi there, straight question.

Which one is better for female vocal between IM02 and IM03  , as I always tend to focus more on female vocal and treble , warm headphone is just out of question for me.

thank in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back