Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Aug 24, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #2,266 of 3,060
I recommend saving up a bit and getting the IM03. They're effulgent.

Of course, I haven't tried the CKR9 or IM02. Of Audio Technica, my experience is limited to the 03 and 04. Both amazing, but very different.

If you're actually looking for an upgrade, and not just something new, I would look at the IM03. Lots of bass, incredibly naturalistic vocals and timbre, and just enough treble that you don't feel you're missing anything important, while remaining safe from fatigue.

But if they are a bit too expensive, I understand. Budgets are such a drag in this hobby.

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #2,267 of 3,060
I recommend saving up a bit and getting the IM03. They're effulgent.

Of course, I haven't tried the CKR9 or IM02. Of Audio Technica, my experience is limited to the 03 and 04. Both amazing, but very different.

If you're actually looking for an upgrade, and not just something new, I would look at the IM03. Lots of bass, incredibly naturalistic vocals and timbre, and just enough treble that you don't feel you're missing anything important, while remaining safe from fatigue.

But if they are a bit too expensive, I understand. Budgets are such a drag in this hobby.

lol..... without this drag, it could be pocket burnt disease.....

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #2,268 of 3,060
Pocket burn is like herpes; acquired through such pleasant endeavors.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #2,270 of 3,060
  might get the im02. i have really bad impression on audio technica i had some anc29 and ckb50 and there not so good. Might be because there cheap models

would this be upgrade over the dunu 1000

If you like Dunu 1000, IM series is not for you.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #2,272 of 3,060
Indeed. You are looking to move away from the DN1000. That alone suggests you are not perfectly happy with it.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #2,273 of 3,060
Indeed. You are looking to move away from the DN1000. That alone suggests you are not perfectly happy with it.

No I really love it and its one of my favorite iem. I just like upgrading and buying different headphones and try different sound sig

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2,274 of 3,060
IM-04 the ability of this pair on taking quality equalizer adjustments is just haunting !!! My ghost.....I can even EQ it to make it sound much better than my Z7 + 200$ silver cables.....damn! The problems here is the Z7 only has 1 drivers where as 04 has 4. It is a no competitions in modest volume listening + quality and details retrievals

I am talking in this pickiest song of mine a Viet Pop names "Niu Keo" at the part of 2:00 minutes or so, there is the subtles hands held cymbals tones. Which I suspects is laying subtles in the low-high spectrums.

This cymbals hits also helped me to realizes so much more.

1/ my iPad Air 2..... My friend Fiio X5 plays it better an my ZX2 roflmao....in trade ZX2 has better bass, and better tonality + sound stage. So I concluded that the ZX2 weakness is into this subtles low-high details retrieval when compared to other DACs.

2/ this hits came out better when utilize the ZX2 TRRS output, or half balanced......so yes, TRRS definitely helps.

3/ upgraded cables reveal it even clearer.....

So....Sony needs to come out with ZX3 and fix this dang problems...:mad:

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #2,275 of 3,060
No I really love it and its one of my favorite iem. I just like upgrading and buying different headphones and try different sound sig

Don't we all? 
wink.gif

Call it intrigue, dissatisfaction, or a yearning for something new/better. Hits us all. We just have to embrace it.

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #2,278 of 3,060
There's a terrible truth to this.

As much as I love my IM03, I can't stop looking around for the next upgrade. The SM64 looks like it might be in my near future. :)

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #2,279 of 3,060
There's a terrible truth to this.

As much as I love my IM03, I can't stop looking around for the next upgrade. The SM64 looks like it might be in my near future. :)

It is the thing we all goes through...lol....:wink:. I was so happy with I'm-04 then purchased Z7, and I think them both are on the same price range and quality. Both has pros and cons. Sadly I won't get the end game rig with only ZX2. Unless if there is a way to hack up the ZX2 for better output voltage, and go with LCD-3 whatsoever....and that may not even be an end game yet....I refuse going DAP+AMP+Interconnect cables+HP....no portability.
It is a sink hole, the one that can swallow my whole family :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back