Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Feb 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #107 of 3,060
  I'm gonna be a cheap ass, and ask you if I can have your review up on my blog site, with credits provided properly

Sure, but with the Head-Fi link of the original thread please... 
smile.gif

earfonia, thanks for flying the Singa flag! Great review, and you've piqued my interest to try the IM02 and IM03 now. Picked up the IM70 from Stereo - really enjoying it. It can definitely hold its own against some of my more expensive IEMs, and for the money its really hard to think of something that comes close. I'm especially impressed by the soundstage, its really very wide. Stereo imaging is superb. Great job with the review!

beerchug.gif
 For those who trust their ears, and not the $$$ sign, will be greatly rewarded 
wink_face.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #108 of 3,060

Thanks again for your thoughts. Unfortunately I really cant see myself using anything other than the X3 as a source in the near future, and with the X3 the IM03 sounded quite metallic. One of the reasons why I got the X3 was to not use a portable amp in the first place! 

I am really, really tempted to get the IM02 even though I bought the IM50 already. I know I liked it a lot when fed from my X3 but still trying to justify the possible purchase LOL! Not good for my wallet.........

I remember you stating somewhere they are usually under 10% discount, do you mind telling me where you saw the discount?

Actually most shops in Sgp give at least 10% discount, except those shops in the airport :)  
As mentioned, you can try Stereo, E1 Personal Audio, Soundwave, & ITConnect.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #109 of 3,060

Sure, but with the Head-Fi link of the original thread please... 
smile.gif

beerchug.gif
 For those who trust their ears, and not the $$$ sign, will be greatly rewarded 
wink_face.gif

done with proper links, got chance i really like to meet you eh, too bad no time haha

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #112 of 3,060
Any specific comparisons to the RE400? 

I really like the RE400, but actually like my cheaper PL50 better. 

And forgot to mention, really awesome post!

I like my re400 more than my ciem

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #113 of 3,060
  done with proper links, got chance i really like to meet you eh, too bad no time haha

beerchug.gif
 Cool!
Some typo bro: original site link: head-fi headfonia
Should be Earfonia, not Headfonia 
wink_face.gif

Any specific comparisons to the RE400? 

I really like the RE400, but actually like my cheaper PL50 better. 

And forgot to mention, really awesome post!

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with RE400. Maybe will try it when I visit local headphone shop here.

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #114 of 3,060

beerchug.gif
 Cool!
Some typo bro: original site link: head-fi headfonia
Should be Earfonia, not Headfonia 
wink_face.gif

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with RE400. Maybe will try it when I visit local headphone shop here.

edited, thanks, maybe i just got used to headfonia haha

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #120 of 3,060
What about ath-im50 vs mh1c, especially in bass department, quantity and quality.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Never tried Sony MH1C, so I cannot comment.  For me, IM50 is one of the best IEM for bass lover. I like especially the fact that the IM50 big bass never ruin the midrange. The midrange has good clarity, and when the music call the bass, the bass appear with effortless power and authority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back