Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Jan 13, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #1,426 of 3,060
[COLOR=465584]With the ATH-IM02 plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop and nothing playing, I hear a hiss sound. Like empty radio channel when u searching for stations, if u get what i mean. I have to turn the volume of the song higher than usual to drown out the sound. When starting up laptop, also got sounds.I dont get that the sound when its plugged into my iphone 5. [/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]With my headphones (Soundmagic HP-150), I dont hear that background sound.[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]How do i get rid of the sound?[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR]

Unfortunately that's probably your laptop creating the noise and the IM02 picking it up because it's more sensitive than your full-size cans.

An external dac/amp is usually the easiest solution for this....

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,427 of 3,060
[COLOR=465584]With the ATH-IM02 plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop and nothing playing, I hear a hiss sound. Like empty radio channel when u searching for stations, if u get what i mean. I have to turn the volume of the song higher than usual to drown out the sound. When starting up laptop, also got sounds.I dont get that the sound when its plugged into my iphone 5. [/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]With my headphones (Soundmagic HP-150), I dont hear that background sound.[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]How do i get rid of the sound?[/COLOR][COLOR=465584]
[/COLOR]

The im02s are a lot more sensitive than your hp150s so they could be picking up some kind of interference or it could just be the noise floor of your laptops soundcard. You could try an inline attenuator or else go a bit more extreme and get a better quality external dac/amp.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #1,428 of 3,060
Unfortunately that's probably your laptop creating the noise and the IM02 picking it up because it's more sensitive than your full-size cans.

An external dac/amp is usually the easiest solution for this....

The im02s are a lot more sensitive than your hp150s so they could be picking up some kind of interference or it could just be the noise floor of your laptops soundcard. You could try an inline attenuator or else go a bit more extreme and get a better quality external dac/amp.

i see. Time to find one that works with my iphone too!!

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #1,429 of 3,060
its too hard to remove the cable, just mine or someone else too has this problem. i am kind of scared, it moves side by side but wont come out. can someone help me with this.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,430 of 3,060
  its too hard to remove the cable, just mine or someone else too has this problem. i am kind of scared, it moves side by side but wont come out. can someone help me with this.

You do have to apply some force to get it out. Just be careful not to bend the pins as they're very small and delicate. You should be ok though as long as you don't bend them as you pull.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,431 of 3,060

You do have to apply some force to get it out. Just be careful not to bend the pins as they're very small and delicate. You should be ok though as long as you don't bend them as you pull.

okay thanks for your advice. i will keep that in mind.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,432 of 3,060

Mine is too hard too. You need some force to remove the cables as the connectors are so tight and mine also moves sidewards a little bit too but I haven't had a problem yet since the connectors are so secure on these. You don't have to worry for that :wink:

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,433 of 3,060
Mine is too hard too. You need some force to remove the cables as the connectors are so tight and mine also moves sidewards a little bit too but I haven't had a problem yet since the connectors are so secure on these. You don't have to worry for that
wink.gif

i hope so man. i will try as soon as i get back home.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,434 of 3,060
by the way im-70 sounds awesome. just a bit more spark will make these a champion. can i have an opinion how these will sound after burn in.
Mine is too hard too. You need some force to remove the cables as the connectors are so tight and mine also moves sidewards a little bit too but I haven't had a problem yet since the connectors are so secure on these. You don't have to worry for that
wink.gif

how old is yours mate.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #1,438 of 3,060
wink.gif

Same here, though it was hard at first and then loosened up a bit after I went through dozens of connects/disconnects while testing different lunashops replacement cables, where btw i cracked one of my IM03 connector tabs inside of the earpiece.  No biggie, still latches on perfectly and when engaged with a cable - it stays solid.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,439 of 3,060

Comply will make it worse, IMO. I'd go for something silicone. What tips do you have?

i got many, name it and i might have it. sennheiser biflange? sony hybrid. brainwavz single flange, philips, UE? not the spirals though. i have many that are bundled.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #1,440 of 3,060

i got many, name it and i might have it. sennheiser biflange? sony hybrid. brainwavz single flange, philips, UE? not the spirals though. i have many that are bundled.

My favorite were the Auvio hybrids. UE600 are good as well. Philips should work too. Really anything that's a little thinner with a wider bore than the stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back