Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Aug 7, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #916 of 3,060
just get my im70, this is my first iem....the wearing pattern make me suffer awhile.....totally dont have any idea have to wear it....
confused.gif

try compare with esw9, (now beside me only this headphone), the detail and clarity really cannot make comparison between this two, esw9 win all, but the bass of this win esw9, the quality is good, and quantity also under my acceptance level.....sound of this two also totally different, i still like esw9 more....
etysmile.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #918 of 3,060
  the ATH-IM03 need an amp or a note 3 (for example) can handle?

No need for amp. Running my IM03 off Note 2 and volume level is perfect.  Of course, amping never hurts, but not really necessary with IM03 from smartphone.

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #924 of 3,060
  i really like what i read about the im70 and the im03, I am more inclined to the im03,i`m coming from a tf10 what the opinion of you guys,
im03 or im70, thanks, sorry for the english i`m brazilian

If you like TF10 and try to find another variation of sound signature that is not too far from TF10, Definitely IM03.
IM70 is totaly different than TF10 sound signature.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #926 of 3,060
can you describe how different? (in a best and fast way you find to describe)

From my review on page 1:
IM03 (on DACport) has better and fuller bass than TF10, and a more even frequency response from bass to treble, more homogeneous sound signature throughout the spectrum, while TF10 treble sometime sounds a bit on a different color and can be a bit detached from the mids. IM03 sounds more open and transparent than TF10. IM03 mids a bit more laid back in presentation than TF10 mids, but more open sounding. Overall IM03 sounds more natural than TF10, especially for classical music, where IM03 has better detail and transparency. Generally I prefer IM03 over TF10.

Basically what I don't like from TF10, it sometime with certain setup, especially high impedance, >5 ohms, the treble sounds a bit detach from the mids, and not very transparent.

It's just my personal preference.

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #927 of 3,060
IM03 (on DACport) has better and fuller bass than TF10, and a more even frequency response from bass to treble, more homogeneous sound signature throughout the spectrum, while TF10 treble sometime sounds a bit on a different color and can be a bit detached from the mids. IM03 sounds more open and transparent than TF10. IM03 mids a bit more laid back in presentation than TF10 mids, but more open sounding. Overall IM03 sounds more natural than TF10, especially for classical music, where IM03 has better detail and transparency. Generally I prefer IM03 over TF10.

Basically what I don't like from TF10, it sometime with certain setup, especially high impedance, >5 ohms, the treble sounds a bit detach from the mids, and not very transparent.

Thanks

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #928 of 3,060

I don't want to piss you off but, can you say how the Im70 is different than tf10, I already bought the Im70 and and will buy the Im03 later

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #929 of 3,060
Just bought IM 02 today. Beginner question: how deep do you insert this particular model? For me, I'm able to reach the first bend of the ear canal and no more because the earphone itself is short and big?

I'm using the L size silicone tip for now. The expert says that there will be suction if it is a perfect seal. Right after I remove the IEM, I feel my ears, like a breath of fresh air rushing in, is this considered suction and perfect seal?

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #930 of 3,060
I'm using the L size silicone tip for now. The expert says that there will be suction if it is a perfect seal. Right after I remove the IEM, I feel my ears, like a breath of fresh air rushing in, is this considered suction and perfect seal?

I guess suction could be tested by trying to pull out one side evenly. If the silicone tip flexes a tiny but, then yes, you have suction. I myself have found it very difficult to get a perfect seal with the stock tips, I'm going to have to try small comply foam tips..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back