Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
May 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #601 of 3,060
  Wow, amazing, no one would have thought of that otherwise. Anyway, I'm over this now. You fire away about how amazingly transformed the phones are with your incredible tip mods.

Please, just forget it and stop making it worse.

Ozkan would also want this to stop.

May 4, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #602 of 3,060
  Wow, amazing, no one would have thought of that otherwise. Anyway, I'm over this now. You fire away about how amazingly transformed the phones are with your incredible tip mods.

Don't offense but you must be ignorant if you are saying the tips don't change or alter the sound. Fair enough! You are free to believe whatever you want. You don't have to take my words.

Btw, the tips I used on the nozzle are Philips 3590 tips. You can use any tips which fits the nozzle diameter.

May 4, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #603 of 3,060

Don't offense but you must be ignorant if you are saying the tips don't change or alter the sound. Fair enough! You are free to believe whatever you want. You don't have to take my words.

Btw, the tips I used on the nozzle are Philips 3590 tips. You can use any tips which fits the nozzle diameter.

Just give him time. 
redface.gif
  The a-ha moment will come in due time.  

May 4, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #604 of 3,060

Yawn. You'll fit in well on head-fi sadly. I just wish you'd make your own tip-mod genius thread so I didn't have to read it.

May 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #605 of 3,060
In my experience, tips does change the sound of the IEM by a fair bit, probably thanks to fit and whasnot, but the difference is audible for me, much more than .. heh .. cables. Tried silver, copper, silver + copper, silver gold injection, whatever, cant hear a a thing. Maybe my ears are not well trained enough, who knows haha.

Anyway, IM50 is a pretty good IEM for its price, can't seem to find a pair in the wild here in Singapore, all shops are sold out...

May 4, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #606 of 3,060
In my experience, tips does change the sound of the IEM by a fair bit, probably thanks to fit and whasnot, but the difference is audible for me, much more than .. heh .. cables. Tried silver, copper, silver + copper, silver gold injection, whatever, cant hear a a thing. Maybe my ears are not well trained enough, who knows haha.

Anyway, IM50 is a pretty good IEM for its price, can't seem to find a pair in the wild here in Singapore, all shops are sold out...

You can try out Jaben. The last time i dropped by there they had quite a number of stocks on display. But the IM50 was left with white color.

May 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #608 of 3,060

Did you check CDjapan? They have stock and ships in 3-7 days.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-27944

May 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #613 of 3,060

Same with Hong Kong, I walked around a few areas for a couple of hours and finally found an imported one, it was the last one too! Only in white....

May 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #614 of 3,060
  We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming. 

Changing tips sometime don't make a lot of difference, but sometime it does. So, if we haven't experienced major changes with tips, we better keep open minded that someone might have experienced it.
I myself experienced significant improvement by using different tips.  For example with my DUNU DN-1000.  I was not very happy with all the stock tips and ring adjustment.  Then I tried to use other tips in my arsenal, then I found JVC HA-FXD80 tips did miracle on my DN1000.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/708935/dunu-dn-2000-hybrid-impressions-appreciation-thread-its-coming/135#post_10486033

So, tips might make significant changes to the sound signature. I confirm that.

After this mod, the fit comfort and isolation improved a bit. Maybe someone may be interested in this mod and give a try.

From your experience, which makes greater changes, the tube extension, or the different tips?
Unfortunately I don't have much time now to test it, but I will try one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back