Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Apr 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #586 of 3,060
I like the remote cable. I don't think it's worth $50 I paid for, but it's definitely a good option if you use your at iems with your phone. SQ change is not present, and the remote works just fine, and build seems great so far.

May 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #587 of 3,060
IM02 with HDC5/1.2 cable pretty much my favorite closed headphone yet

sublime bass, defined but tight, crystal clear highs and airy mids.

beautiful with dx50 too

May 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #588 of 3,060
You don't know what you are missing if you are not using sony mh650c tips on them. Please give your IM series a chance. I believe you won't regret it. :wink:

Yes, it is that good and even better than UE600 and Sony hybrids which I also have. I will be very happy if someone except me can share some opinions here. I wonder if I am the only one who loves these tips more than any other tips. :rolleyes:

May 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #589 of 3,060
You don't know what you are missing if you are not using sony mh650c tips on them. Please give your IM series a chance. I believe you won't regret it.
wink.gif

Yes, it is that good and even better than UE600 and Sony hybrids which I also have. I will be very happy if someone except me can share some opinions here. I wonder if I am the only one who loves these tips more than any other tips.
rolleyes.gif

We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming. 

May 3, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #590 of 3,060
We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming. 

I think you shouldn' t talk about the tips that you haven't used before. You should talk for only yourself not others. This is my advice for you. :wink:

May 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #591 of 3,060
Ath-Ckr9s beat the im02s in height of soundstaging, will make more profound comparisons between the two.

For now, if you guys don't mind reading my impressions of the ckr9s, they're here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/712460/new-audio-technica-ckr-series-ckr10-ckr9-ckr7/120

May 3, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #592 of 3,060

I think you shouldn' t talk about the tips that you haven't used before. You should talk for only yourself not others. This is my advice for you. :wink:

Sorry, I should have made that clearer, that statement was made on behalf of The International Anti-Exaggeration on Head-fi Association :wink:

May 3, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #593 of 3,060
I'm not trying to hype or exaggrate anything. Of course you are free not to believe in my statement. Everyone hears differently and that' s why I asked if anyone had a chance to try these tips.

May 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #594 of 3,060
I'm not trying to hype or exaggrate anything. Of course you are free not to believe in my statement. Everyone hears differently and that' s why I asked if anyone had a chance to try these tips.

You may not have been trying to but you did exaggerate. I've tried heaps of different tips on heaps of different phones and I know they make subtle if any difference apart from fit issues.

May 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #595 of 3,060
You may not have been trying to but you did exaggerate. I've tried heaps of different tips on heaps of different phones and I know they make subtle if any difference apart from fit issues.

In this case his tips fit deeper and provides a much better seal since they stick out as opposed to the old tips, so you can say this is a fit issue with the design since the opening of the iem are so large.

May 3, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #596 of 3,060
I've tried heaps of different tips on heaps of different phones and I know they make subtle if any difference apart from fit issues.

So do I and even I can't remember how many iems, headphones and earphones I've used and sold. I also want to remind you that I was one of that people who suggested the Sony hybrids instead of generic tips in the first place so you have to know that I definetely know what I am talking about and I do trust my ears.

I don't want to argue with you about the tips but IMO it is very harsh to say "We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming". You may not want to try but you don't have a right to stop people trying it. Please don't speak for all people. Everybody has his/her own tastes.

May 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #597 of 3,060

After this mod, the fit comfort and isolation improved a bit. Maybe someone may be interested in this mod and give a try.

May 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #600 of 3,060
  I also want to remind you that I was one of that people who suggested the Sony hybrids instead of generic tips in the first place so you have to know that I definetely know what I am talking about and I do trust my ears.

Wow, amazing, no one would have thought of that otherwise. Anyway, I'm over this now. You fire away about how amazingly transformed the phones are with your incredible tip mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back