Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
May 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #633 of 3,060
$150 if you use tenso. Is there a better way to get this overseas?

May 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #639 of 3,060
Can anyone with a pair of IM02's tell me the diameter of the nozzle?
All this talk of tips has reminded me how good I got my old CK10s sounding with Klipsch Gels (tamed the shrill 9kHz peak a fair bit). Would love to try'em with the IM02's I've ordered.

May 13, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #640 of 3,060
  Can anyone with a pair of IM02's tell me the diameter of the nozzle?
All this talk of tips has reminded me how good I got my old CK10s sounding with Klipsch Gels (tamed the shrill 9kHz peak a fair bit). Would love to try'em with the IM02's I've ordered.

All IM series share the same tips.  The front end of the nozzle is 5.7 mm diameter, and the nozzle tube outer diameter is 5.0 mm.
They can use the generic tips that usually fits 4.2 - 5.5 mm nozzle tube outer diameter.

May 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #643 of 3,060
The bad news: Accessory Jack is 2 weeks back-ordered as of this morning when they responded to my email. I ordered me some IM-70s from them on the 20th of April and as of last night canceled that order 
mad.gif
 ( IDK who mentioned them but I was also attempting to use other online shops to order my goodies so meh, maybe I'll give them another shot in the future)

The good news: I went ahead and ordered them with my Prime account, and to my delight they were on sale for USD $117  as opposed to the $125 I saw back then 
cool.gif
 I even did next day shipping for less than it would have been to get expidited shipping with AJ. Good ol' amazon being awesome as usual 
tongue.gif

May 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #644 of 3,060
Hi all, I'm quite new in the the audio world and I just wanted to make sure this is correct. If i were to use my Sony Xperia Z1, which is my only source for portable use, the Im02 would be a poor choice to pair with it correct? Also, I know the review said that the Galaxy S2 sounded best with the Im50 and Im70 so if Im02 is not powered great by the Sony Xperia Z1 would the Im70 be the next best choice? I don't know if this would help but I mainly listen to punk rock, indie rock, and pop. Thanks.

May 14, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #645 of 3,060
  Hi all, I'm quite new in the the audio world and I just wanted to make sure this is correct. If i were to use my Sony Xperia Z1, which is my only source for portable use, the Im02 would be a poor choice to pair with it correct? Also, I know the review said that the Galaxy S2 sounded best with the Im50 and Im70 so if Im02 is not powered great by the Sony Xperia Z1 would the Im70 be the next best choice? I don't know if this would help but I mainly listen to punk rock, indie rock, and pop. Thanks.

Either will be fine with your Z1, they are not hard to drive. Given that you are new to IEMs and your music tastes, IM70/50 will be better suited and will save you some money. Please do note you may need to buy other tips such as "sony hybirds" for decent comfort, these are huge and not for small ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back